Page 97 of 325 FirstFirst ... 4787888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107147197 ... LastLast

Thread: Ed **Spoilers**

Re: Ed **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;3496682;
    This is just my theory but here it goes-- I'm going back to Andy's season again... WHAT IF... Tessa had actually been allowed to leave? Instead of talking her into staying, the producers let her just walk away. Would we have had the same situation we have here? I think so.

So... now they've got the same situation and are going to do the opposite of what they did with Tessa-- they're going to let him walk away. Ed balks at having to share her with others (anyone remember Ryan constantly asking Trista how she felt?) and takes himself out of the running. Jillian's heartbroken, but the show must go on. However, she's just not feeling it with the other guys and can't get Ed off her mind.

However it happens, enter the sweeping, crescendo music and we have Ed and Jillian running towards each other for a get-your-tissue-ready reunion... [and then, if she were me, she'd punch him on the arm for leaving her in the 1st place!]

Their story will be that Ed finally grew a pair and decided to put himself out there. BUT, will Jillian be willing to give him another chance after what he put her through? Or will another guy have moved into his place while he was gone? Another ratings extravaganza for Fleiss as everyone tunes in to see how it goes down.

I don't think there's any behind-the-scenes plot going on here at all other than Jillian wanted him back or Ed realized what a mistake he made. I think it's as simple as that. He'll make it to the F2, without question, because they'll have a real 'which one will she end up with' scenario... but will he be the F1??? Enquiring minds want to know!!
    That's another thing - it's not only Ed's not sticking it out (unless their is some very good reason why he leaves) but it is also putting her through pain and suffering and tears - do you do that to your best friend - the one you love ?

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;3496682;
    This is just my theory but here it goes-- I'm going back to Andy's season again... WHAT IF... Tessa had actually been allowed to leave? Instead of talking her into staying, the producers let her just walk away. Would we have had the same situation we have here? I think so.

So... now they've got the same situation and are going to do the opposite of what they did with Tessa-- they're going to let him walk away. Ed balks at having to share her with others (anyone remember Ryan constantly asking Trista how she felt?) and takes himself out of the running. Jillian's heartbroken, but the show must go on. However, she's just not feeling it with the other guys and can't get Ed off her mind.

However it happens, enter the sweeping, crescendo music and we have Ed and Jillian running towards each other for a get-your-tissue-ready reunion... [and then, if she were me, she'd punch him on the arm for leaving her in the 1st place!]

Their story will be that Ed finally grew a pair and decided to put himself out there. BUT, will Jillian be willing to give him another chance after what he put her through? Or will another guy have moved into his place while he was gone? Another ratings extravaganza for Fleiss as everyone tunes in to see how it goes down.

I don't think there's any behind-the-scenes plot going on here at all other than Jillian wanted him back or Ed realized what a mistake he made. I think it's as simple as that. He'll make it to the F2, without question, because they'll have a real 'which one will she end up with' scenario... but will he be the F1??? Enquiring minds want to know!!
    Man, you should be hired by ABC! Awesome write up, I totally agree, and I believe she picks Ed. I believe it is either Ed or no one. If she picks Ed, it gives the F2 all the MORE to become the bachelor.
    My favorites: Reid and Kiptyn

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cerese;3496735;
    That's another thing - it's not only Ed's not sticking it out (unless their is some very good reason why he leaves) but it is also putting her through pain and suffering and tears - do you do that to your best friend - the one you love ?
    See, that's the the stuff of romance novels -- 2 people fall in love but have some conflict they have to overcome in order to have their happy ending. In this case, it is either Ed's insecurity or his work. However, in the end he decides that being with Jillian is more important than both and he comes back.

We'll have an idea in the next 2/3 episodes where Ed's story is going. If we see him come back and they play "Darth Vadar" music and give him an awful edit, then we know he isn't going to be F1. If he gets the "Somewhere In Time" theme and a sympathetic edit, then he's F1.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Cerese;3496735;
    It's very dramatic, isn't it?

One thing is for sure though. We've been talking about Ed a lot and I think he's F1 too - or she doesn't pick anyone. The edit in the last episode gave it away in my mind.

It's a good season and I've grown to like Jillian a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by albean99;3496733;
    I've thought that for a while. I like Reid a lot but I've liked a lot of f3's in the past. Every single time I thought they were hiding the real connection but it turns out they weren't. This time I see chemistry with Ed and with Kiptyn and even Wes but not Reid. I'm not 100% sure that the f1 is Ed and need to see how they handle his upcoming drama but he's getting a pretty favorable edit right now with the doubt thrown in about work. We know that Kiptyn's getting the heartbreaker tag and that's prime for them to show the heartbreaker get heartbroken. Wes is the guy who's there for the wrong reason and Jake is Mr. Perfect but Reid and the rest don't have a tag (or storyline like Cape said).
    Not having a "tag" or "storyline" does not spell doom YET, in my opinion---the two themes this season have been clearly stated to be "Mr. Invisible" and "Things That Have Never Happened Before", with a long running subtext of "I'm Looking For My Best Friend". As you point out the people who don't have "tags" or clear "storylines" at this point are Reid, Tanner, Jesse and Michael. I think it is reasonable to assume that we are in agreement that Tanner is not F1---no matter how they try put a good guy spin on it (and I would bet money that in real life he is a perfectly nice guy) there is no way they can turn his foot fetish image they have given us into a believable F1 story. Michael has no known screencaps from Spain, and no known HTD, so he can likely be eliminated as well. Jesse we know virtually nothing about---we don't even really know why he's still there, but he is, so either he gets no storyline ever or his is yet to come. Reid SEEMS to have no storyline. He's had no aired 1-1 with Jillian. He's even complained that he has had little time with her. However he seems to always be around her, have a good comfort level with her (and her with him), and have some inside jokes with her. Is he the "friend" guy? Maybe. Is she looking for a "friend"? Supposedly. Is he getting quite a bit of PI time in which he narrates little things about the show? Yes---it's so subtle that you don't really even think about it, but it's there. They had 30 guys to start with this season, they are milking the drama/uncertainty/gf thing, they are showing as much wackiness as they can edit in----they may have actually opted to focus on those things up to this point in the season. My point is if Reid CONTINUES to not have a storyline or develop a specific tag in the next episode or so then I think we can write him off, but at this point he very definitely could be getting the Mr Invisible/Best Friend(in a good way) edit. Ed, on the other hand, has several tags and multiple storylines---is he too focused on work to be in a relationship? Can he balance work and love? Is he a shy geek or frat-boy? Does he hate the guys or is reliving his fraternity brother shenanagins with them? Does he ask to leave or is he asked to leave? Does he ask to come back or is he asked to come back? Ed, Ed, Ed---enough already. He is the opposite of Mr. Invisible, IMO.

Just to add, it's nice that a newbie came on today and confirmed the info about Ed having actually been HOME in mid-April, just like I've been saying for the past month.
    Last edited by cheekychook; 06-11-2009 at 11:22 PM.
    "Reality is merely an illusion, although a very persistent one." - Einstein

Karen Stivali - author and very cheeky chook

One thing to keep in mind is that we can't be 100% sure about a new poster saying that Ed was in Chicago. We still have no idea if this poster is credible, why Ed left if he did and how he returns.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;3496539;
    that was my first reaction to the bar thing...he couldn't have known he was going back..i would think he would either be upset and not want to be in public that soon...or he wouldn't want to deal with the pressure of questions about the show...or if it was an emergency he would be dealing with it
    *I agree with you on the last part...what we've seen of Ed he's been pretty cut-and-dry..not in a boring way, but just with him, what you see is what you get. He's been immersed in the "drama" of the show enough that he's probably partially grateful to just be home in Chicago with his friends again, even tho he probably does miss Jillian. In the same way that he had obligations at home that required him to leave and dealt with the stress of that atop obviously hurting Jillian's feelings, he dealt with being at home in the bar knowing he would be questioned and pestered by friends and/or outside people as to the outcome of the show. He's a pretty calm and cerebral guy, who thinks before he speaks, and has shown to have a good sense of propriety.

Quote Originally Posted by cape;3496784;
    One thing to keep in mind is that we can't be 100% sure about a new poster saying that Ed was in Chicago. We still have no idea if this poster is credible, why Ed left if he did and how he returns.
    True but it fits with the info Cheekychook has. I'd love for him not to leave and I'm holding onto a tiny bit of hope that tptb are fooling us yet again and making much ado about nothing or about another guy.

I actually have no problem with Reid and if Ed's not the f1 I'd like for Reid to be it but don't see it happening unless things change. It's things like Jillian planning on giving him a hug instead of a kiss and making him ask a question before she'll kiss him that tells me he may be a friend but there's no benefits. I don't think Mr. Invisible works as a f1 edit because at some point along the way they'd have to feature him or or face a Jesse/DeAnna fiasco.

Quote Originally Posted by I<3JAY;3496703;
    My problem with Ed is while the others are building a relationship with Jillian, he has returned home for whatever reason (assuming that he does leave). My problem is he misses HTDs and Episode 6, possibly 5 too. Just doesn't make sense that he doesn't get the added time to build a relationship and then be picked as F1. IDK. And the fact that she knew for awhile who her F1 was (if any). Just don't think there was enough time.
    These same reasons that you cited above (no HTD's and the fact that there were not enough time to really get to know their families and each other) are the same reasons why ED will be picked as F1 but there will no proposals/ engagement that will take place. ED's story arc so far is the most compelling and it is so plausible that he will be the F1 but not likely that he will be ready to make a "commitment".

Tigerl

After reading another thread about why Ed may have left, returned, about how he is not showing excitement or much personality I have ideas that are positive about what we have seen with Ed. If you think about the 1-1 date they had, the PIs from both about heli ride, affectionate, sitting close and happy to be together, arm in arm the, the pool convo and PIs, the dinner date and showing Jill asking ? about what his life is like, and we get his answers, serious ones and funny ones. She seems genuinely wanting to let him know she wants to have a family life and he seems receptive and open to what she says. So far this is the only date in which I remember Jill being so specific with a guy.
    Think about how she sighs in pool and acts like they are already a couple hugging, hanging on to each other and kissing. If this date were later on in the season, I do think more might see that there is chemistry between them. IMO, Jill tells us that she is feeling like Ed is in the running and that says a lot because they both say they can have a natural conversation with each other, not pretending to be interested!