Page 96 of 325 FirstFirst ... 468687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106146196 ... LastLast

Thread: Ed **Spoilers**

Re: Ed **Spoilers**

I don't get the speculations that Ed takes money to either leave and come back or just come back. He seems to be successful and doubtful he's aspiring to be the Bachelor so why would he do that? It's much more likely that if he leaves it's for his own reasons and coming back will likely be because he & Jillian want it to happen.

Great posts, Cantstopwatching. I loved reading about your non-spoiled viewpoint about Ed & Jillian. I also noticed that Ed is often watching Jillian even when the other guys aren't. I thought it was a cute moment when he asked about hot tubs in the hotel and the way she responded. I think him having been in the mansion with her helped.

I guess my theory that Ed doesn't leave seems to have been shot down but looking at the dates in the filming schedule thread, he really doesn't miss much time with Jillian. It doesn't look like episode 6 dates take up all that many days and they go right into filming htd's. If he gets his own htd it's even shorter and it looks like there could be time.

Quote Originally Posted by loveski;3496587;
    Him hanging out with friends could also mean emergency was taken care of and he was waiting for his HTD in California, which is an idea I'm sticking with despite having no proof of it. For some reason, I just get the feeling that the 5th HTD is his.

It could work - normally it takes a couple of days to hit up all the hometowns and maybe his was last in California because the producers couldn't arrange for his date in his actual hometown.
    This is confusing...I thought that his friend was hanging out with him in a bar at the end of May...that would be after all the taping was over, right? Was he also seen at a bar in April during the time that we speculate that he left???

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;3496083;
    It's funny how much more you can pick up when you're not clued in to what's going to happen next. (Meaning you haven't read/seen any spoilers)

From the get go, it's been easy to see the comfortable relationship Jillian has with Ed and how he pays attention to her, wherever she is. There are glances and such; it's as if he's always aware of where she is. There is barely ANYTHING out there regarding Reid. Right now, I know she thinks he's handsome and he was nervous about kissing her and he's caught on to Wes being there for his career, but if I didn't see everyone posting in his nonspoiler thread, I'd never have known he was part of the F3. He's completely invisible and totally reminds me of Danielle from Andy's season. (Sorry Reid fans) And Kiptyn is getting the Bevin edit-- where it's all physical.

I think there was a stark contrast in Ed & Kiptyn's dates as well-- Ed's was about work, what he does to unwind, and how he wants to be settled before he settles down and has a family. It was about who he is as a person and how that relates to relationships. There was substance to it. Kiptyn's (that they showed us) was PURELY physical-- all the kissing and touching, their conversations were all centered around what do you look for in someone, and Kiptyn's biggest flaw about never pursuing girls. It didn't show us how he'd relate to Jiilian in a relationship.

It's driving me crazy b/c I want to fast-forward next week and see the episode where Ed's not around....and when he comes back. Jillian's reaction (if they let us see it) will speak volumes about where her heart is. As they say... absence makes the heart grow fonder.

Epi 1, 2 & 3 RC toasts with the exception of Epi 4, Reid has stood by Jillian. There is numerous SC that show she did have a conversation with Reid.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Inconnu;3496580;
    Then it would make more sense if he left because he couldn't take it anymore. They showed last episode almost looking jealous and possessive when Jill came back with Wes through the window. It could be that it's not work related. He couldn't do the show anymore. He succumbed to the pressure; developing feelings for her, in pain; he decides that that it's not for him all this. Especially because Jill looks like she's into Wes.

Jill comments then 'why didn't he think about this before' could be interpreted as: You went in this show. You can't just quit like this and not being able to cope.
    This is just my theory but here it goes-- I'm going back to Andy's season again... WHAT IF... Tessa had actually been allowed to leave? Instead of talking her into staying, the producers let her just walk away. Would we have had the same situation we have here? I think so.

So... now they've got the same situation and are going to do the opposite of what they did with Tessa-- they're going to let him walk away. Ed balks at having to share her with others (anyone remember Ryan constantly asking Trista how she felt?) and takes himself out of the running. Jillian's heartbroken, but the show must go on. However, she's just not feeling it with the other guys and can't get Ed off her mind.

However it happens, enter the sweeping, crescendo music and we have Ed and Jillian running towards each other for a get-your-tissue-ready reunion... [and then, if she were me, she'd punch him on the arm for leaving her in the 1st place!]

Their story will be that Ed finally grew a pair and decided to put himself out there. BUT, will Jillian be willing to give him another chance after what he put her through? Or will another guy have moved into his place while he was gone? Another ratings extravaganza for Fleiss as everyone tunes in to see how it goes down.

I don't think there's any behind-the-scenes plot going on here at all other than Jillian wanted him back or Ed realized what a mistake he made. I think it's as simple as that. He'll make it to the F2, without question, because they'll have a real 'which one will she end up with' scenario... but will he be the F1??? Enquiring minds want to know!!
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by BachNoFoolMe;3496658 View Post
    Epi 1, 2 & 3 RC toasts with the exception of Epi 4, Reid has stood by Jillian. There is numerous SC that show she did have a conversation with Reid.
    But Fleiss has chosen not to show this...and the question has to be why. He always shows the F1 in some way. If you go back and watch past seasons you realize in hindsight that they narrated the season and it was their story as well.

I just came over to the spoiler threads this week and really had no idea who Reid was...I don't see a connection. To me he is getting a classic F3 edit.

My problem with Ed is while the others are building a relationship with Jillian, he has returned home for whatever reason (assuming that he does leave). My problem is he misses HTDs and Episode 6, possibly 5 too. Just doesn't make sense that he doesn't get the added time to build a relationship and then be picked as F1. IDK. And the fact that she knew for awhile who her F1 was (if any). Just don't think there was enough time.

Quote Originally Posted by BachNoFoolMe;3496658;
    While that's true, in the end, what matters is what they choose to SHOW us. I hope she doesn't mind my putting this out there, but Cape has made the great observation that only Jake, Tanner, Wes, Ed, and Kiptyn have storylines at this point. Reid ranks up there with Danielle, Bettina, and Amanda, all great-looking, popular F3's, but F3's nonetheless whose storylines never grew as we'd all hoped. This is where I see Reid headed.

ETA: Jinx, Cape, we were writing at the same time!
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by I<3JAY;3496703;
    My problem with Ed is while the others are building a relationship with Jillian, he has returned home for whatever reason (assuming that he does leave). My problem is he misses HTDs and Episode 6, possibly 5 too. Just doesn't make sense that he doesn't get the added time to build a relationship and then be picked as F1. IDK. And the fact that she knew for awhile who her F1 was (if any). Just don't think there was enough time.
    He does leave. A personal friend of his came on here and said he was home April 16 and left the end of April, most likely when they traveled to Spain. I'm wondering if Jillian didn't feel it with either Kip or Reid (CRAZY if you ask me) and asked if Ed would come back given the fact that he didn't have to be with the guys. I mean he did say in a preview that he hated them. We don't know the WHOLE situation, and I'm excited to see how they edit him leaving.

While that's true, in the end, what matters is what they choose to SHOW us. I hope she doesn't mind my putting this out there, but Cape has made the great observation that only Jake, Tanner, Wes, Ed, and Kiptyn have storylines at this point. Reid ranks up there with Danielle, Bettina, and Amanda, all great-looking, popular F3's, but F3's nonetheless whose storylines never grew as we'd all hoped. This is where I see Reid headed.

Jinx, Cape, we were writing at the same time!
    Unless they are smart and decide to switch the edits on us, haha!
    My favorites: Reid and Kiptyn

Quote Originally Posted by I<3JAY;3496703;
    Ahhh, but Ed also has a leg up over both Reid and Kiptyn-- he was the only 1 of those 3 who lived in the mansion with Jillian, 1 night which was alone with her until Robby moved up there. SO, he got much more quality time with her then they did up until the time he left.

Quote Originally Posted by cape;3496701;
    But Fleiss has chosen not to show this...and the question has to be why. He always shows the F1 in some way. If you go back and watch past seasons you realize in hindsight that they narrated the season and it was their story as well.

I just came over to the spoiler threads this week and really had no idea who Reid was...I don't see a connection. To me he is getting a classic F3 edit.
    I've thought that for a while. I like Reid a lot but I've liked a lot of f3's in the past. Every single time I thought they were hiding the real connection but it turns out they weren't. This time I see chemistry with Ed and with Kiptyn and even Wes but not Reid. I'm not 100&#37; sure that the f1 is Ed and need to see how they handle his upcoming drama but he's getting a pretty favorable edit right now with the doubt thrown in about work. We know that Kiptyn's getting the heartbreaker tag and that's prime for them to show the heartbreaker get heartbroken. Wes is the guy who's there for the wrong reason and Jake is Mr. Perfect but Reid and the rest don't have a tag (or storyline like Cape said).
    Last edited by albean99; 06-11-2009 at 11:00 PM.