Page 64 of 325 FirstFirst ... 14545556575859606162636465666768697071727374114164 ... LastLast

Thread: Ed **Spoilers**

Re: Ed **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss;3490551;
    I have no idea where it is, but toward the beginning of the show, maybe even in this thread, there was a poster who claimed to know Ed who said that he is not the nice person he's was being portayed to be. I think they said that he had a girlfriend, too. But I'm not dedicated enough to go back and find it.
    I found it , it's post 78 in this thread for those who are interested.

FORT Newbie

Hunky Bulky sat on a wall, Hunky Bulky had a great fall...for Jillian.

theres a lot of speculation about Ed:
    *appearing guilty during Jillian's confrontation pre RC in episode 4.
    and more so,
    *being the one to leave the show, for personal reasons, and then coming back.

We as viewers only know about Ed through his interactions with Jillian, and I think there is sufficient information to deduce something a little more credible about Ed.

Like Jillian said, he was a "late arrival" but that she saw something in him and and was attracted to him from the get-go. Their first conversation pre RC1 reflected their similarities regarding their social lives...Ed saying he is an "open and positive person" who "looks at the bright side of things" and his observation that she too has an open mind and outgoing nature. So while Ed has a quiet confidence about him, Jillian exudes her confidence by her outgoing personality.

Their mutual attraction and compatibility is then emphasized during their one-on-one date. While this was an early date for the season, again I think there was a lot we could extract from their interaction during the date that supports why Ed is a strong contestant and will probably remain this way to the very end, if not, the very last RC. They were affectionate throughout the entire date, from the helicopter to the romantic rooftop dinner. If the "rapelling down the building" was a test for Ed, he passes with flying colors. (Jill says: "It was a romantic thing that we did, in its own weird way. In love you have take a leap of faith, and that's what we kind of did".
    I think both Ed and Jillian are very mature and confident people, that there's no need for pretentious communication and interaction. People might think that their date was boring or not revealing enough of the *spark* between Ed and Jill, but i think it's because they see enough "eye-to-eye" that there's no need for niceties. They talked about their similar passion for their careers and how much it has hampered their ability to focus on their personal lives. For both of them, I think their confidence and maturity is due in great part to their successes in their careers...both feel comfortable where they are in their careers and like Ed said, have "the ability/flexibility to do what i want" because of the stability and security of their careers.
    Ed and Jillian are pretty much in the same place emotionally and mentally.
    While there's much more to learn and know about both of them, we can say that their relationship would have a pretty solid foundation, if not already(from what we've seen).

Regarding Ed being the one who has a girlfriend back at home, I do not think this is the case. Yes, outside information acquired about Ed labels him as a "fratty" type who enjoys spending time with his guy friends and sowing his wild oats when he's not keeping busy with his career. Facets about him that we've seen since he came on the show would suggest that he is very much a career-man. And for someone who is looking to be "secure" and "stable" so that he can start his family would not, in his right mind, come on the show to meet Jillian while still carrying on a relationship at home. Ed is on the show for the right reason and i think it does mean a lot to him to be there with Jillian.

Emphasizing his career, Ed possibly is the one to leave. If it is for work reasons, this is very plausible. If it was for other personal reasons like a girlfriend at home, we would not see him again in the season. But because apparently we do...we can say that his reason for leaving is something that just has to be done and that Jillian understands. I think they have an already solid foundation anyway and so nothing can keep them apart for too long if Jillian realizes that he is a good match for her and she for him.

While it will come off as a "dramatic cliffhanger" to keep up with viewer ratings, Ed's possible leave would be a valid one. Further it would only strengthen the romantic connection between Ed and Jillian. If both are successful in their careers but at times suffer because of it, Ed leaving would emphasize this, but his return would be a validation of their love.

Of course, I'm an Ed&Jill fan, 100% and i wouldn't be surprised if he is given the final rose. While certainly Jillian has an attraction and connection to all of the guys remaining, her motivation for coming into all of this appears most compatible with Ed's reasons for being here with her. I think they deserve each other and already make each other happy.

As Ed worried(during their one-on-one), "there's not enough time"...
    but for them, timing is everything and things will come as they should.
    If both Ed and jillian are looking for "the One", it's better for us to see serious challenges and heartbreaks(if he leaves and Jill is sad) than physical chemistry on the set. Career challenges and personal obligations and emotional intensity are real life matters that can, at times, get in the way of love. If Ed leaves, it is to prove this point. And if he and Jillian are meant to be together for the long-term, this is why Ed returns.

Quote Originally Posted by JoLena;3490609;
    I found it , it's post 78 in this thread for those who are interested.
    This kind of thing happens every single season, it's one persons word against another.

FORT Regular

I think Ed will be portrayed in the show the way Ian McKee was portrayed during Meredith's season. The producers said that during Meredith's filming, there was so much chemistry between Mer and Ian that they had to pare down Ian's and Mer's appearance together.

Did anyone see Jillian's face tonight -- all so sad because of the news that some guys have girlfriends back home. But everything changed when she called out Ed's name. She was all smile when she was pinning that rose on his collar.

FORT Regular

Just thinking here... but I haven't read all the posts and maybe it's been mentionned before.

Ed leaving for some reason (and it's true, it looks like it's something she's going to announce when she knocks at the door).... could it be the thing that CH was referring to as throwing everything off, that nobody had control over, that it was noone's fault, that they all had to go through it?

So he leaves. Jillian is upset, devastated, she has to finish the show without him, without having the opportunity to choose whom she likes amongst her top picks and obviously he's one of them... So the show must go on... Epi 6, HTDs

Spain is the Fantasy Dates: Reid, Kip and Jesse. Ed returns in Seville (sc fountain) and his FD is in the same town as Reid's FD. She brings 3 in HI instead of 2. They take longer to shoot because she needs more time with the men.

ETA: tark 979 I just read your post!
    Last edited by Inconnu; 06-09-2009 at 04:56 AM.

FORT Newbie

i usually just lurk on here, but lying in bed last night a thought hit me...what if jillian does not pick a final one, becasue she wants ed and for whatever reason he left TPTB will not let him back on as a legitimate bachelor? could explain her evasiveness about who she "chose" vs. how she feels now. i could see her with ed chooseing to do this at their own pace...just an insomnia induced speculation!

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialK;3490098;
    I have been to Gaylord,MI many times.Its a nice small city..
    Yes it is. have you ever eaten breakfast at the Sugar Bowl?
    Going back to my tractor theory. There is a lot of real estate near Gaylord that looks like the tractor scene. Correct?
    Gosh I'm feeling a little somber here.

ETA: Gaylord is 3.5 to 4 hours north of Monroe, MI Ed's home. Straight up I-75 or go to Anarbor (sp?) and up 23 to I-75. My wife's home is only 45 min NE or there, Posen MI about 400 people. It is not unusual for children of folks in that area to relocate to the cities of lower MI for employment.
    I wish I had the time to check this out further it is very possible to me.
    Last edited by eowenc; 06-09-2009 at 07:27 AM. Reason: ETA

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by eowenc;3490706;
    Yes it is. have you ever eaten breakfast at the Sugar Bowl?
    Going back to my tractor theory. There is a lot of real estate near Gaylord that looks like the tractor scene. Correct?
    Gosh I'm feeling a little somber here.
    But there are no hills like the sc..now you go to the UP and there are plenty..
    um about Sugar bowl..Sound familar but not sure..

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by justaham;3490665;
    I think Ed will be portrayed in the show the way Ian McKee was portrayed during Meredith's season. The producers said that during Meredith's filming, there was so much chemistry between Mer and Ian that they had to pare down Ian's and Mer's appearance together.
    Far too late for Ed to get an Ian portrayal. Meredith and Ian's attraction was evident from the moment he stepped out of the limo and she fondled his tie. It smoldered right through the tv screen every time he was near her. The producers may have tried to pare it down but they weren't able to hide it. Ed and Jillian don't have anywhere near the sexual chemistry that Meredith and Ian had. They're able to have a conversation without having their hands all over the other one. Trust me. Mer and Ian sizzled, absolutely sizzled in each other's presence.

Ed appears to be a very nice guy....I love his smile....and Jillian seems to like him a lot. I won't be at all surprised if their relationship develops, but Mer and Ian they're not.

Great first post, tark_979!

I don't believe the gf post about Ed. I just looked at it and it was the only post by that person. Not credible imo. I believe what I see and more importantly what Jillian sees in Ed for him to go so far.

I wouldn't say that Ian & Meredith's chemistry was obvious to all. I saw it because I was a huge fan of his but a ton of people believed the editing and saw her picking Matthew. I don't think I'd compare Ed & Jillian to them, though. I don't know what's going to happen in the end but do see chemistry between them. I also see it with Kip and heaven help her, Wes.