Page 53 of 325 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960616263103153 ... LastLast

Thread: Ed **Spoilers**

Re: Ed **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by albean99;3486163;

I find it interesting that Ed is considered to be a player by some but haven't noticed anyone speculating about Kip.
    Nobody came to the board and said anything bad about Kip or him being a player with a girlfriend like they have for Ed so it would make sense for people to question Ed but why question Kip when noone's come to the board to say anything bad about him? I think that may be the answer to your statement above. JMO of course.
    Roberto: "Ali wakes me up in the middle of the night to tell me she's dreaming about puppies... The smile on her face was priceless."

It seems to me someone saw a randon tweet from some guy which was most likely a joke and ran with the Ed negativity. I feel like the more he seems to go farther than people thought, the more negativity is building about him without any proof or credibility, that I have seen, at least. Couldn't he just be a great guy also and people can just root for who they like without looking for faults in the others? I know, it seems like an impossible feat, since it happens every season. I feel like Kip isn't getting the negativity because most people have crowned him with the F2 edit so he's not a threat to Reid where Ed is still a mystery, so very much a threat, especially after the Maui pic came out.
    Last edited by Valen; 06-07-2009 at 10:45 AM.

I agree, Valen. I think it's also from the rumor that Ed leaves and comes back. I say we shouldn't condemn him until we know that it actually happens and if so, why. Jillian obviously sees something in Ed to keep him that long. I'd love him to be the f1 but accept that she knows best who's right for her. I also like Kip and Reid and even Jesse who's still a bit of a dark horse.

FORT Fanatic

Ed is a good person... and I'm sure much of the negative speculation about him is unjustified.

The only problem I have with Ed is that his interest in Jillian is not as great as her interest in him, as indicated in the rooftop dinner. No doubt he's flattered by her... the PIs had plenty of gushing. I don't think the whole "not opening up" issue is THAT big of a problem... they are just getting to know each other. The career and different lifestyles situation may be...

Both Kip and Reid are putting a LOT more effort into building "the connection". (Maybe Kip is trying too hard in the forthcoming kitchen scene, but Jillian isn't squirming much!) As likable as Ed is, I would rather see the others as the Final 2. If Kip (or Reid) is dumped at F3, it is because either Ed made a 360 degree turnaround and is actually "falling in love" or both Jillian and the producers think he's the easiest to dump as the runner-up.

Quote Originally Posted by albean99;3486876;
    Jillian obviously sees something in Ed to keep him that long.
    Yes, but she's also keeping Wes a long time too!

I think what we are seeing is that Ed is not as much of a fan favorite right now (comparatively speaking to Reid/Kip). As the season progresses, maybe we will get a better edit from the producers regarding Ed. Maybe we will see Ed turn the corner and really display that interest in Jillian that some fans are longing for!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Benny Fan;3486884;
    Ed is a good person... and I'm sure much of the negative speculation about him is unjustified.

The only problem I have with Ed is that his interest in Jillian is not as great as her interest in him, as indicated in the rooftop dinner. No doubt he's flattered by her... the PIs had plenty of gushing. I don't think the whole "not opening up" issue is THAT big of a problem... they are just getting to know each other. The career and different lifestyles situation may be...

Both Kip and Reid are putting a LOT more effort into building "the connection". (Maybe Kip is trying too hard in the forthcoming kitchen scene, but Jillian isn't squirming much!) As likable as Ed is, I would rather see the others as the Final 2. If Kip (or Reid) is dumped at F3, it is because either Ed made a 360 degree turnaround and is actually "falling in love" or both Jillian and the producers think he's the easiest to dump as the runner-up.

I guess I see something completely different in Ed and his interest in Jillian. I think he is VERY interested and caught a bit off guard by his feelings even though it was only their first date. He realizes that there is a time-constraint with this process and typically, he likes to take the time to get to know someone and let it build. It's very reminiscent of Tessa and how she felt about the process so I am really interested in seeing how things progress. I thought they had a great first date. Lots of chemistry.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by 1blue1pink;3486893;
    Yes, but she's also keeping Wes a long time too!

I think what we are seeing is that Ed is not as much of a fan favorite right now (comparatively speaking to Reid/Kip). As the season progresses, maybe we will get a better edit from the producers regarding Ed. Maybe we will see Ed turn the corner and really display that interest in Jillian that some fans are longing for!
    I believe Ed is indeed a fan favorites now!! Perhaps he's not getting all the overwhelming love here on FORT. However, in checking other boards, he is definitely up there with Jake and maybe past Kip in fan base. Reid is more of a dark horse - jury still out. Ed's popularity picked up after his 1:1 last week. and should have. I think he and Jilly have a connection. I guess we will have to wait on upcoming ep to see where this goes.

I know a lot of people who really like Ed irl and he is a favorite in other places as Jano said. I thought Ed did pretty well on the date opening up even though it's clearly hard for him. He showed the right amount of interest in her imo. Too much at this point would be strange after spending only about 10 minutes alone with her before that date.

Reid has become a little too much of a favorite given that we haven't seen much of anything on Jillian's part that puts him in first place. We don't even have anything putting him in Hawaii at this time and the SC's of them are pretty tame. Kip is a different story. I think he's getting a f2 edit but you just never know. He certainly seems to be a good match on paper but until he really opens up it's hard to tell.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Valen;3486897;
    I guess I see something completely different in Ed and his interest in Jillian. I think he is VERY interested and caught a bit off guard by his feelings even though it was only their first date. He realizes that there is a time-constraint with this process and typically, he likes to take the time to get to know someone and let it build. It's very reminiscent of Tessa and how she felt about the process so I am really interested in seeing how things progress. I thought they had a great first date. Lots of chemistry.
    You're right.

The editing of this show is crazy. Also, dangling mid air amidst the LA skyline and having underwater cameras spying on your "moments" do take a lot out of you. And yes, he was quite articulate in the Q & A time.

My observations are obviously based on just three episodes... time changes everything. Who knows? Maybe Reid will wind up a serial stalker at the end of this.

I should go back and brush up on my Tessa history... I'm fuzzy with some of the seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Jano;3486899;
    I believe Ed is indeed a fan favorites now!! Perhaps he's not getting all the overwhelming love here on FORT. However, in checking other boards, he is definitely up there with Jake and maybe past Kip in fan base. Reid is more of a dark horse - jury still out. Ed's popularity picked up after his 1:1 last week. and should have. I think he and Jilly have a connection. I guess we will have to wait on upcoming ep to see where this goes.

Well, I'd bet you anything that Kip's popularity will increase drastically after his 1:1 tomorrow night. It will likely surpass Ed. Reid is definitely the fan favorite here, with Kip being the 2nd most favorite. On another board that I am part of, Jake and Kip are the fan favorites with Ed only being the listed as a favorite for ONE girl (out of 25 of us). Once Reid and Kip have their 1:1's, I'd love to see who truly is the fan favorite. I think those 2 guys having their 1:1's will change the fan-base's favorites! We are so early though; things definitely will change!

I was in the minority last season. I loved Molly and was rooting for her!;>) If it comes down to Reid, Ed and Kip, I wonder who the fan favorite would be?
    Last edited by 1blue1pink; 06-07-2009 at 12:30 PM.