Page 51 of 325 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Ed **Spoilers**

Re: Ed **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by albean99;3485893;
    We don't know that he doesn't get a htd yet. There's no certainty that he's leaving and coming back either. I know that him talking about his mom doesn't mean for sure he doesn't have a gf but there doesn't seem to be any reason for him to come on the show if he does. Unlike some of the other guys who have aspirations in music or possibly acting, he doesn't benefit from being on the show. It may even hurt him in his line of work.
    I totally agree - especially with the last line. An argument could be made about the benefits to careers for just about all of the other bachelors but in IT coming on this show could actually be a detriment.
    "It's just a show" - let's try not to trash people - tptb do that very well all on their own they don't need our help!

Maybe just for fun, travel, the experience. Maybe just to be on tv, just for the thrill of it. Who knows what really motivates any of these people.

Quote Originally Posted by i<3realitytv;3485582;
    Would that take him out of the F2? Cupcakes, kudos to you!!
    Why would confirming the date rule him out of F2? I feel Jillian's whole wising up thing means he is let go at F3, but I am missing on how the time of that photo would mean he couldn't be in the F2 (????). Isn't it possible that she let's Reid or Kip go at the F3 still? (Hope not)!
    Thanks!
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

FORT Fan

People will post all kinds of things and make all kinds of statements on boards because there is the anonimity (sp?- not enough room to download the sites spellcheck) on boards. Some are truthful and many are not.
    I signed up to say this but you stated it so much better. I actually like most of the guys left and have no frontrunner. But by lurking on the board, I've noticed that ever since the picture of Ed in Hawaii came out, all of a sudden Ed and some others can't do right in any context for some people. The way he looks in a scene is suspicious, something he says, like "Will I get a rose?," is selfish, etc.

From what I can tell, Ed's a good guy. Even if he was behind the yelling of "disgusting," people do dumb things all the time and apologize and are forgiven. I'd rather these people act like themselves (which means making good and bad/stupid decisions) then put on a facade of being perfect. No matter who she picks, that guy isn't going to always act perfectly because nobody acts perfect and appropriate in every situation. The fact that Jillian kept Ed (presumably) until top 3 seems to suggest that she got over it, if in fact it was him (I thought it sounded like Tanner).

Anyway, this season is pretty difficult to piece together concretely so it's going to be a waiting game. Which unfortunately means hearing a lot of bogus rumors. I'm just going to wait for it to play out.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by loveski;3485952;

Anyway, this season is pretty difficult to piece together concretely so it's going to be a waiting game. Which unfortunately means hearing a lot of bogus rumors. I'm just going to wait for it to play out.

Great idea!! Would cause a lot less sleepless nights!!

loveski

...and your right, sometimes we are too quick to judge based on rumors. I think for me, if I keep hearing something about someone over and over and then ABC gives us a hint that trouble is brewing.... I tend to connect the dots; but it could well be false assumption.

We had written Ed out of the picture based on a reliable Fort poster's info that he returned home/to work in April; now we see a picture of him making it to Hawaii and we are "whats up with that?" There is something more to that story, but we could be wrong in our assumptions.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Welcome aboard loveski - I agree with the fact that many people will read too much into certain scenes and vo's and rumours. I think many get a fav. or 2 firmly placed in their heads and then when someone pops up to perhaps give that fav. a run for their money they look for flaws. The flaws can be found in all of the contestents we choose to see them or overlook them depending on what/who we want.
    "It's just a show" - let's try not to trash people - tptb do that very well all on their own they don't need our help!

FORT Fan

Thanks for welcoming me!

I think many get a fav. or 2 firmly placed in their heads and then when someone pops up to perhaps give that fav. a run for their money they look for flaws. The flaws can be found in all of the contestents we choose to see them or overlook them depending on what/who we want.
    That's very true. I try not to pick faves on this show though I do fall victim to this on shows like SYTYCD, AI. So I completely understand where it's coming from. I usually try to stick to what I see on the show, though, because anyone can make up anything on the Internet and rumors quickly get fortified and spread as fact.

I think it's a good season with a mix of the controversial characters and genuine ones. At the moment, I'd peg most of them in the latter, including Ed. If he does end up leaving, he probably had his reasons and if Jillian lets him back, she had hers. That said, I think a lot of scenes were just omitted from the preview because they couldn't be cut without showing the faces of the guys.

Quote Originally Posted by just logic;3485899;
    I totally agree - especially with the last line. An argument could be made about the benefits to careers for just about all of the other bachelors but in IT coming on this show could actually be a detriment.
    I think the F3 all are taking a gamble for coming on the show. For Reid, he's a realtor. If shown in a bad light, you think you would want to sell or buy through his company? For Kip, he is a buisness developer. If he was shown in a bad light, would you want to go to him for your help? For Ed, what you stated above.

I am not sure about Ed having a GF thing; but there is more than one poster coming on stating that it is fact. I'll be interesting to see how they play this. He seems to be having fun with Tanner so I don't know about this whole "I don't like the guys" deal. Also, the guys seem to get a long with him as well.
    My favorites: Reid and Kiptyn

FORT Newbie

I don't mind seeing my favourite with faults, that will tell me that he is real. Give me the good and the bad, so that I can make an objective and informed decision. I am sure all those guys have faults, BUT I cannot understand the 'whiter than snow' glorification of Reid, he seem like a nice guy, I DO like him, but I am watching objectively and I am not seeing the chemistry at this time. With all the making out Jillian is doing with Kip, I actually see something more with Ed, time will tell. Ed and Jillian, actually make me feel warm and fuzzy.