Thread: Ed **Spoilers**

Re: Ed **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by kygirl93;3528597;
    How do we know they are from different posters? It could all be from the same troll creating different screen names and then other people who want to believe the rumors perpetuate them...
    There are multiple posters on multiple boards. Most boards have rules regarding the number of times you can change your screen name (on FORT for example I believe you can do it once, provided that you present the boards' mods with a good reason for doing so). Most boards also track IP addresses. I find it unlikely that someone would log on from home and then a friend's house and then the town library, on multiple boards, with multiple screen names just to create an illusion about someone. It's possible, but in my opinion highly unlikely.

Please don't discount the fact that some of the longterm posters here have learned to make sure to verify things through various means before stating them, in any form, on the board. Bloomers, for example, has been around a long time, and is known to go to great lengths to verify things and stay objective. There are people with inside knowledge of the behind the scenes workings of this show and there are people with inside knowledge regarding the personal lives of the contestants. People who choose to believe information that you don't agree with are not necessarily perpetuating lies, they are perpetuating what they believe.
    "Reality is merely an illusion, although a very persistent one." - Einstein

Karen Stivali - author and very cheeky chook

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook;3528611;

Please don't discount the fact that some of the longterm posters here have learned to make sure to verify things through various means before stating them, in any form, on the board. Bloomers, for example, has been around a long time, and is known to go to great lengths to verify things and stay objective. There are people with inside knowledge of the behind the scenes workings of this show and there are people with inside knowledge regarding the personal lives of the contestants. People who choose to believe information that you don't agree with are not necessarily perpetuating lies, they are perpetuating what they believe.
    And Bloomers is the one who is saying that 1) Ed has an ex he is close to, 2) he has an ex who was angry, and 3) he acted like he wasn't going back when he came home the first time and acted, in her words, circumspect when he came home the second. So if she is someone whose information you trust, then this is the impression of Ed you should have...

The latest update from Ed's window's live.

Maggie Bwrote:
    Hello Ed. We're all hoping you're the 'chosen one'...you were my pick from day-one
    1 day ago

Quote Originally Posted by kultainen;3528407;
    i don't. i expect a story about 2 people who mistake the two and have a faux love story for our viewing pleasure
    IA and that's ok by me, because its better to daydream and enjoy the faux love story, then it is to spend hours on here name calling. I'm appalled at the name calling towards Reid and Ed, but, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Opinions which forms a mental picture in my mind of their charachter.

I've caught up on the posts, but I haven't seen anything about Ed surfacing anywhere. Is he still MIA?

Quote Originally Posted by kygirl93;3528615;
    And Bloomers is the one who is saying that 1) Ed has an ex he is close to, 2) he has an ex who was angry, and 3) he acted like he wasn't going back when he came home the first time and acted, in her words, circumspect when he came home the second. So if she is someone whose information you trust, then this is the impression of Ed you should have...
    Ummmm, no it's not the impression I "should" have, as that's not the impression I got from reading the same post.

Bloomers offered a summary of large amounts of information she received. She offered it as objectively as possible. That doesn't mean it wasn't tempered or abbreviated nor does it mean it was inclusive of everything she knows.

Many questions can arise from the summary of her summary that you just offered.
    1. He has an ex he is still close to. Exactly how close is close?
    2. He has an ex who is angry. Why is she so angry? Exactly how "ex" is she?
    3. a)He acted like he wasn't going back the first time he was home. So exactly what was he doing during that time and with whom?
    b)circumspect when he came back. Why? New found respect of the contract? Guilt? Regret? Threats from TPTB? Anxiety over what his longterm edit ramifications will be in his real life?

Everyone is welcome to interpret information their own way. My "impression" from Bloomers post is no less valid than yours.

ETA I also said Bloomers was an example of a poster with a longterm history on the boards, I didn't say she was the only one.
    Last edited by cheekychook; 06-26-2009 at 11:21 PM.
    "Reality is merely an illusion, although a very persistent one." - Einstein

Karen Stivali - author and very cheeky chook

Quote Originally Posted by kygirl93;3528615;
    But what do these peices of information really mean or say about Ed and the possible outcome of the show?
    1. He has had at least two girlfriends - one of which seemed to end well and one that did not. This suggests he is capable of having a good relationship as well as one that perhaps was a "bad" relationship (no blame being attached here to either party)
    2. When he returned home the first time his behaviour suggested that either he did not know he was going back or that he did not care that he was going back.
    3. When he returned home the second time either he was circumspect because he was not the F1 or he was circumpect because he was the F1.

I wish this inside info was more specific - or am I missing something???

Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook;3528644;
    Ummmm, no it's not the impression I "should" have, as that's not the impression I got from reading the same post.

Bloomers offered a summary of large amounts of information she received. She offered it as objectively as possible. That doesn't mean it wasn't tempered, abbreviated or inclusive of everything she knows.

Many questions can arise from the summary of her summary that you just offered.
    1. He has an ex he is still close to. Exactly how close is close?
    2. He has an ex who is angry. Why is she so angry? Exactly how "ex" is she?
    3. a)He acted like he wasn't going back the first time he was home. So exactly what was he doing during that time and with whom?
    b)circumspect when he came back. Why? New found respect of the contract? Guilt? Regret? Threats from TPTB? Anxiety over what his longterm edit ramifications will be in his real life?

Everyone is welcome to interpret information their own way. My "impression" from Bloomers post is no less valid than yours.
    Posted after you but your post adds better detail

To love and be loved is.. goldie2's Avatar

This Ed debate continues..
    I am very confused as to why ...

Most here care nothing about these " rumors" about ANY of the guys on this show.
    As far as these sources,many "sources" have been wrong in the past with their " claims"...many ,many times..

Sometimes these "sources" are fed bad info just to stir things up or maybe Ed ticked off someone in his past who has decided now , very cowardly I might add,to try and trash him on the internet knowing he really can't defend himself.
    Sources", again, who seem to have some major ax to grind or who they themselves are just plain "creeps".

I have been "around" the boards myself.
    These things happen every season , utter distortion or even outright lies.Very cowardly, again,and it serves no purpose in the end.
    The filming of the show is over.
    This board is not here to "decide" who is the best choice for Jilly based on some "highly edited" version of that particular guy or his past dating history or some fabricted rumor that has no bearing on the outcome of the show.

Jilly has already decided WHO is best for her.
    I suggest everyone sit back and try and enjoy it.

If you can not stomach the thought of Ed and Jillian together in the end,or for that matter Reid and Jillian or Kip and Jillian then I suggest you change the channel.

I would ask that you not continue to try and ruin it for those of us whose only objective is to watch for entertainment. This is a highly 'edited "reality tv show.

If in the end a "real love story" does emerge this time,well that's a bonus, whoever it's with.
    Last edited by goldie2; 06-26-2009 at 11:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver18;3528649;
    But what do these peices of information really mean or say about Ed and the possible outcome of the show?
    1. He has had at least two girlfriends - one of which seemed to end well and one that did not. This suggests he is capable of having a good relationship as well as one that perhaps was a "bad" relationship (no blame being attached here to either party)
    2. When he returned home the first time his behaviour suggested that either he did not know he was going back or that he did not care that he was going back.
    3. When he returned home the second time either he was circumspect because he was not the F1 or he was circumpect because he was the F1.

I wish this inside info was more specific - or am I missing something???
    LOL I really dont even know why we discuss anything rumored one way or the other all decesions have been made by Jillian I just want to know what happened lol

Quote Originally Posted by bzindsc;3528675;
    LOL I really dont even know why we discuss anything rumored one way or the other all decesions have been made by Jillian I just want to know what happened lol
    I thought was a spoiler thread to try to find out who she picks. I did not realize it was a personal investigation page. Its fun to try to look at screens caps, vo, dates, but its not fun agruing about motives, ex girlfriends, and most sadly the name calling.

Peace... out.