Thread: Ed **Spoilers**

Re: Ed **Spoilers**

I don't know. I think it's probably more risky to pick a guy we know has issues because he admitted to it on his 1 on 1 date. I know I could never be with someone like that even though I wash my fruits and veggies, lol. As far as people's motives in posting, it's pretty clear that certain people want Ed to be a bad guy and it's their right to believe it just as it's my right to ignore them.

Much more interesting to me is that Ed is finally back on Monday so even if the show drags on I have something to look forward to in the end. Out of 4 of us who watch the show at work 2 of us love Ed, 1 loves Reid but has read the writing on the wall and is watching him for herself, and the other doesn't have a favorite. Everyone thought the last epi was boring although I loved the scenery.

Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook;3528357;
    It is true that the motives of anyone who posts about personal knowledge can be questioned. but when questioning those motives you also have to consider that the poster could be telling the truth and could be justified in having negative feelings and deciding to come forward with what they know.

Some people are nice people but not good boyfriends/girlfriends. One of my oldest, dearest friends is a horrible relationship risk---he's a great friend, a funny guy, one of the smartest people I've ever known, and would lay down in traffic for me---but he is really bad at boyfriend/husband relationships---really, really bad at them. Just because Ed is successful and a fun guy doesn't mean he's great at relationships. Could he have a jilted ex who exaggerates and is seeking vengeance? Sure he could. Could he have one or more ex'es who he's treated poorly and have every right to view him as a lousy boyfriend? Sure he could. Just because you like the edit he's being given doesn't mean you can dismiss the repeated rumors that surface regarding his relationship past. It doesn't make him a horrible person, it would just make him a high-risk significant other. JMO, as always.
    I think that's pretty much the point I was trying to make - those rumours could be true as could the ones about his remaining very good friend with an ex - to the point where he takes her to family gatherings. I'm not dismissing anything outright - just taking it with a dose of skepticism and if both rumours end up being true then the fact that he's still good friends with one doesn't make him a high-risk significant other.
    "It's just a show" - let's try not to trash people - tptb do that very well all on their own they don't need our help!

FORT Fogey

i don't. i expect a story about 2 people who mistake the two and have a faux love story for our viewing pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by kultainen;3528407;
    i don't. i expect a story about 2 people who mistake the two and have a faux love story for our viewing pleasure
    That's what I expect too although I do sort of/kind of keep hoping it will turn into the real deal. Don't know why, it's not as though I will ever know or meet these people and if I did don't even know for sure if I'd actually like the 'real' version of them. Like what I've seen (but is that 'real')?
    "It's just a show" - let's try not to trash people - tptb do that very well all on their own they don't need our help!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by just logic;3528386;
    I think that's pretty much the point I was trying to make - those rumours could be true as could the ones about his remaining very good friend with an ex - to the point where he takes her to family gatherings. I'm not dismissing anything outright - just taking it with a dose of skepticism and if both rumours end up being true then the fact that he's still good friends with one doesn't make him a high-risk significant other.
    Exactly. And hereīs something to ponder, it isnīt always the guys fault. I wonder how her past relationships and breakups would look under a microscope

Quote Originally Posted by bzindsc;3528377;
    True Enough than again, if your going to consider the negative you have to consider the positive as well and read between the lines, the credible info we have recieved indicates a bitter ex who cant take no for an answer,and keeps trying to continue the relationship, we all have wanted something we couldn have So I say= if hes a guy who can be friends with an ex and another ex doesnt want to get rid of him, maybe he is a good catch LOL
    I am not being snarky or at all sarcastic---how does the credible info indicate that?? (see bolded above)
    "Reality is merely an illusion, although a very persistent one." - Einstein

Karen Stivali - author and very cheeky chook

Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook;3528432;
    I am not being snarky or at all sarcastic---how does the credible info indicate that?? (see bolded above)
    LOL no snarkiness taken If you can go back and read Bloomers posts on this thread she tells us what she learned through her sources I trust what she relays to be honest info, and like I said read between the lines

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3524681;
    I have found that every season there is some big debate that is a result of something that happens in the show. . . . It makes the show and posting interesting, BUT the different viewpoints don't really affect the outcome of the show. . . . Now we have this huge debate over Ed leaving for his job.
    Actually, Bloomers, I don't think this is the debate that's driving this season. I see Ed's return as one of many. As someone said, this season's theme is Bachelorette: The Revolving Door.

Quote Originally Posted by bzindsc;3528467;
    LOL no snarkiness taken If you can go back and read Bloomers posts on this thread she tells us what she learned through her sources I trust what she relays to be honest info, and like I said read between the lines
    I have read all of Bloomers' posts. I read different things between those lines. Guess it's all a matter of interpretation and point of reference.
    "Reality is merely an illusion, although a very persistent one." - Einstein

Karen Stivali - author and very cheeky chook

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by quebecoise;3528382;
    AS always, great post Cheekychook. I usually discard rumours, but when the same rumours are posted on different boards, by different posters, and these rumours seem plausible (not necessarily the ones about the ex girlfriends, but the job related ones and what he did during the two weeks he was off the show), I think there might be some truth to them. Of course we will never really know and everyone is free to believe what they want.
    How do we know they are from different posters? It could all be from the same troll creating different screen names and then other people who want to believe the rumors perpetuate them...