Thread: Ed **Spoilers**

FORT Newbie

Re: Ed **Spoilers**

I, also hope we see the love story. I wonder why Ed would bother coming back if he did not feel he had a chance, and if he did not need the money.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladys;3528173;
    I, also hope we see the love story. I wonder why Ed would bother coming back if he did not feel he had a chance, and if he did not need the money.
    I think Blue Frog has already answered this. The short answer is that it wasn't for love.

To love and be loved is.. goldie2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ladys;3528173;
    I bet we will ....
    and
    He wouldn't.

He came back for Jillian.
    Last edited by goldie2; 06-26-2009 at 07:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by double_standard;3528199;
    I think Blue Frog has already answered this. The short answer is that it wasn't for love.
    Her answer based on being a friend of an unhappy ex girlfriend and is clouded.

Quote Originally Posted by double_standard;3528199;
    I'm taking what Blue Frog has to say with a more than a grain of salt. There could be many reasons why she has come on here to say the things she has. It's also possible that it's just someone who likes the attention and doesn't actually know him. We'll never know for sure. But, the fact that he has ex-girlfriends should not be a shock it would be a shock if he didn't. It wouldn't surprise me if he had an ex that he ended things with in a hurtful way - we don't know what she may have been like. The fact that he had an ex that he is still friends with - to the point where she attends family functions as a friend tells me that he didn't treat all ex's badly. Then again, whoever posted that could be making it up also. Just don't know them so I'm going by what my intuition tells me - that he's a decent guy who has probably made some mistakes in past relationships (as so very, very many people have).
    "It's just a show" - let's try not to trash people - tptb do that very well all on their own they don't need our help!

I see chemistry with both Reid and Ed. I think Jillian has lots of offer both and both have lots to offer her. There is something about Ed that makes me prefer him over Reid, but I would be happy with either choice. Kip is fine too.

Quote Originally Posted by just logic;3528215;
    I'm taking what Blue Frog has to say with a more than a grain of salt. There could be many reasons why she has come on here to say the things she has. It's also possible that it's just someone who likes the attention and doesn't actually know him. We'll never know for sure. But, the fact that he has ex-girlfriends should not be a shock it would be a shock if he didn't. It wouldn't surprise me if he had an ex that he ended things with in a hurtful way - we don't know what she may have been like. The fact that he had an ex that he is still friends with - to the point where she attends family functions as a friend tells me that he didn't treat all ex's badly. Then again, whoever posted that could be making it up also. Just don't know them so I'm going by what my intuition tells me - that he's a decent guy who has probably made some mistakes in past relationships (as so very, very many people have).
    It is true that the motives of anyone who posts about personal knowledge can be questioned. but when questioning those motives you also have to consider that the poster could be telling the truth and could be justified in having negative feelings and deciding to come forward with what they know.

Some people are nice people but not good boyfriends/girlfriends. One of my oldest, dearest friends is a horrible relationship risk---he's a great friend, a funny guy, one of the smartest people I've ever known, and would lay down in traffic for me---but he is really bad at boyfriend/husband relationships---really, really bad at them. Just because Ed is successful and a fun guy doesn't mean he's great at relationships. Could he have a jilted ex who exaggerates and is seeking vengeance? Sure he could. Could he have one or more ex'es who he's treated poorly and have every right to view him as a lousy boyfriend? Sure he could. Just because you like the edit he's being given doesn't mean you can dismiss the repeated rumors that surface regarding his relationship past. It doesn't make him a horrible person, it would just make him a high-risk significant other. JMO, as always.
    "Reality is merely an illusion, although a very persistent one." - Einstein

Karen Stivali - author and very cheeky chook

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by loveski;3527950;
    People were speculating earlier that the VO came from the later episode when he returns and was just attached to his date. I'm not sure why they wouldn't save it for later but it does fit aptly in both scenarios.

I'm still curious as to when that scene from your avatar occurs. It's unlikely to be Hawaii (shot was in the first preview before LCDs happened) or Spain (they're wearing white in Spain) so maybe it's in the upcoming episode.

Wasn't she wearing a red dress in the SC where Kip is carrying her....in Spain?

Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook;3528357;
    It is true that the motives of anyone who posts about personal knowledge can be questioned. but when questioning those motives you also have to consider that the poster could be telling the truth and could be justified in having negative feelings and deciding to come forward with what they know.

Some people are nice people but not good boyfriends/girlfriends. One of my oldest, dearest friends is a horrible relationship risk---he's a great friend, a funny guy, one of the smartest people I've ever known, and would lay down in traffic for me---but he is really bad at boyfriend/husband relationships---really, really bad at them. Just because Ed is successful and a fun guy doesn't mean he's great at relationships. Could he have a jilted ex who exaggerates and is seeking vengeance? Sure he could. Could he have one or more ex'es who he's treated poorly and have every right to view him as a lousy boyfriend? Sure he could. Just because you like the edit he's being given doesn't mean you can dismiss the repeated rumors that surface regarding his relationship past. It doesn't make him a horrible person, it would just make him a high-risk significant other. JMO, as always.
    True Enough than again, if your going to consider the negative you have to consider the positive as well and read between the lines, the credible info we have recieved indicates a bitter ex who cant take no for an answer,and keeps trying to continue the relationship, we all have wanted something we couldn have So I say= if hes a guy who can be friends with an ex and another ex doesnt want to get rid of him, maybe he is a good catch LOL

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook;3528357;

AS always, great post Cheekychook. I usually discard rumours, but when the same rumours are posted on different boards, by different posters, and these rumours seem plausible (not necessarily the ones about the ex girlfriends, but the job related ones and what he did during the two weeks he was off the show), I think there might be some truth to them. Of course we will never really know and everyone is free to believe what they want.