Thread: Ed **Spoilers**

Re: Ed **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by loveski;3527157;

With respect to that, I've just adopted the attitude that I need to enjoy the show and let these people deal with the fall out because it's their life, not mine. Ultimately their decisions will not affect me beyond the final rose situation (and it only affects me there as a point of entertainment). Jillian cannot make a bad choice between the 3 but she's probably going to have issues with all 3 that will be far from the paradise this show tries to create in the last few dates.

Love what you said. I think the picking apart of personalities, hyperanalyzing of motives and having a mini affair with a particular "contestant" in their head (using Jillian as a stand in) just hampers you from enjoying the story as it unfolds. It also takes away the fun of speculating that I so enjoy in these boards.

I love this season because IMO they have the BEST F3 plus Jesse Kovacs.
    Last edited by The Mod Team; 06-26-2009 at 02:44 PM.

Just to add.

1. Mr Invisible is Jillian's another term for "soulmate" "the one" " the future Mr. Harris". Mr Invisible has nothing to do with how they are presenting the F1 this season. Its just doesn't make sense to use a Mr Invisible technique in edting.

2. Watch cupcakes videos (Reid and Jillian) and Valenvideos on youtube (Ed and Jillian) and you see how Jillian behaves with this men. I cannot find a Kiptyn video on youtube... However I took note of how Jillian behaves when she is attracted to someone. She initiates sayng some kind of sexual innuendo. I don't know if she's aware of this but it stands out in her convo with the men. " touch my butt", " Im happy I popped your helicopter cherry". When Reid initiates a physical contact " I really want to kiss you".. she changes the subject " Let's talk about my crush in high school" or the famous "If your ears are red you are horny".. Jillian evaded the insinuation bout anything sexual and said "maybe I have high blood preassure"

3. The nature of their dates. Ed has a helicopter date, pool date and dinner on top of a building. Jillian said in the pool while being cooped in Ed's mile long legs... " conversations with you is very easy" then kiss.. I mean this is a contest of who can generate the most heat the fastest with the B*ette. They were both in the pool, shared their first kisses there and by the time they were finished with their dinner, I was biting my pinkie. At this time, I was rooting for Reid because he reminds me a lot of my ex. He also has ADD like me, we share the same meds. (Reid is perfect for me I think teehee)

4. Reid's date. I was waiting for this forever but disappointed when I learned that they are going to be fully clothed and not going to do any daredevil stunts. Always a bad sign in Fleiss productions. Generate heat the fastest that's the name of the game. When they were talking about Fondue, I was screaming at the screen for Reid to french kiss the woman. I wanted Reid to show some tongue and get on with Jilli since obviously she is a very physical person. Then the faux pas happened. Reid said two things, "I don't usually date your type" "You are not on my list either"... Rookie move. What Reid did was "negging". Negging is effective when you want to bring down a very proud, ice cold platinum blonde who won't give you the time of day, back to earth to level with you. You do not do that to a a brunette who loves to fish for complements. Jillian is not very secure with how she looks. How many times did she allude to it. Reid was not on top of his game that day. Plus, Kip and Ed knew how to pacify her insecurities... " I like your eyes" "your someone Im looking for"-- Ed "I like you" says Kip plus his kisses have become Jillian's indicator that he like her back.

(bathroom break..)
    Last edited by snarkattack222; 06-26-2009 at 01:47 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by snarkattack222;3527657;
    Just to add.

1. Mr Invisible is Jillian's another term for "soulmate" "the one" " the future Mr. Harris". Mr Invisible has nothing to do with how they are presenting the F1 this season. Its just doesn't make sense to use a Mr Invisible technique in edting.

2. Watch cupcakes videos (Reid and Jillian) and Valenvideos on youtube (Ed and Jillian) and you see how Jillian behaves with this men. I cannot find a Kiptyn video on youtube... However I took note of how Jillian behaves when she is attracted to someone. She initiates sayng some kind of sexual innuendo. I don't know if she's aware of this but it stands out in her convo with the men. " touch my butt", " Im happy I popped your helicopter cherry". When Reid initiates a physical contact " I really want to kiss you".. she changes the subject " Let's talk about my crush in high school" or the famous "If your ears are red you are horny".. Jillian evaded the insinuation bout anything sexual and said "maybe I have high blood preassure"

3. The nature of their dates. Ed has a helicopter date, pool date and dinner on top of a building. Jillian said in the pool while being cooped in Ed's mile long legs... " conversations with you is very easy" then kiss.. I mean this is a contest of who can generate the most heat the fastest with the B*ette. They were both in the pool, shared their first kisses there and by the time they were finished with their dinner, I was biting my pinkie. At this time, I was rooting for Reid because he reminds me a lot of my ex. He also is ADD like me, we share the same meds.

4. Reid's date. I was waiting for this forever but disappointed when I learned that they are going to be fully clothed and not going to do any daredevil stunts. Always a bad sign in Fleiss productions. Generate heat the fastest that's the name of the game. When they were talking about Fondue, I was screaming at the screen for Reid to french kiss the woman. I wanted Reid to show some tongue and get on with Jilli since obviously she is a very physical person. Then the faux pas happened. Reid said two things, "I don't usually date your type" "You are not on my list either"... Rookie move. What Reid did was "negging". Negging is effective when you want to bring down a very proud, ice cold platinum blonde who won't give you the time of day, back to earth to level with you. You do not do that to a a brunette who loves to fish for complements. Jillian is not very secure with how she looks. How many times did she allude to it. Reid was not on top of her game that day. Plus, Kip and Ed knew how to pacify her insecurities... " I like your eyes" "your someone Im looking for"-- Ed "I like you" says Kip plus his kisses have become Jillian's indicator that he like her back.

(bathroom break..)
    I love this, and I completely agree. First, Jill does equiate physicality and vocalization with affection/love. Not always leading to good choices, but she does. And you can see that she intiates when interested, and is passive and waits action when she isn't. With Ed, and with Kip, and unfortunately Wes, she does. With Reid, and Jesse (going only with the lefties), she doesn't.
    And Reid just blew it with his passivity on their date. You don't want to eat the fondue, shut up and kiss or, or feed or, or do something romantic, not whine about your quirks and germs.

And you are right, Jill needs to be coddled and reassured and told she's beautiful. She needs to be built up, not brought down. Another mistake, but covered in my Dating for Dummies post earlier.

But as a tall, pale blonde, scandianvian female (can't say about the ice part except I like the cold)...they come to me, I often don't give them the time of day and I won't be brought down. Except by the hockey player who did. LOL

FORT Fan

I listened to Tanner's conference call at TV Grapevine. I love how the publicist freaks out on him about spilling the beans about Ed's return and he just laughs it off with "oh right, I don't know that happens." Anyway, he said he thought they had something special. Some other thoughts about how Ed was able to get a call from the boss and whether he would have done the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by snarkattack222;3527657;
    Just to add.

3. The nature of their dates. Ed has a helicopter date, pool date and dinner on top of a building. Jillian said in the pool while being cooped in Ed's mile long legs... " conversations with you is very easy" then kiss.. I mean this is a contest of who can generate the most heat the fastest with the B*ette. They were both in the pool, shared their first kisses there and by the time they were finished with their dinner, I was biting my pinkie. At this time, I was rooting for Reid because he reminds me a lot of my ex. He also has ADD like me, we share the same meds. (Reid is perfect for me I think teehee)

4. Reid's date. I was waiting for this forever but disappointed when I learned that they are going to be fully clothed and not going to do any daredevil stunts. Always a bad sign in Fleiss productions. Generate heat the fastest that's the name of the game. When they were talking about Fondue, I was screaming at the screen for Reid to french kiss the woman. I wanted Reid to show some tongue and get on with Jilli since obviously she is a very physical person. Then the faux pas happened. Reid said two things, "I don't usually date your type" "You are not on my list either"... Rookie move. What Reid did was "negging". Negging is effective when you want to bring down a very proud, ice cold platinum blonde who won't give you the time of day, back to earth to level with you. You do not do that to a a brunette who loves to fish for complements. Jillian is not very secure with how she looks. How many times did she allude to it. Reid was not on top of his game that day. Plus, Kip and Ed knew how to pacify her insecurities... " I like your eyes" "your someone Im looking for"-- Ed "I like you" says Kip plus his kisses have become Jillian's indicator that he like her back.

(bathroom break..)
    I'll reply point by point in an attempt to avoid rambling.

1. The Mr. Invisible Edit worked just fine in Jesse's season, no reason to think they might not try a version of it again.

2. First off, the cupcakes and valen videos have a very different style and cannot really be compared to decide who has better chemistry. If nothing else both are edited versions of the edited footage that was shown. Second, when Reid says "mine of course, are just high blood pressure" he is teasing Jillian, as in saying "of course it's not because being around you make me horny..." cough cough....and her response "mine too" is her way of saying "yeah, you don't make me horny either, nuh-uh, no way"---they were flirting with the use of irony.

3. I will agree, Jillian really enjoyed her 1:1 date with Ed. She is attracted to him, no question. I am compelled to reiterate that no one here, to my knowledge, has confirmed Reid has ADD or that he takes medication. I further think that the issue of anyone's medical condition is none of our business---their behavior and actions are fair game for discussion and speculation, the matter of whether or not they have a clinical diagnoses, not so much (imo).

4. Reid's date and how it went are not going to be agreed upon by everyone. Some saw flirty conversations throughout, lots of kissing, playful banter, real depth to some topics, and Reid challenging her. Others saw a neurotic guy, not getting close enough, blowing his moment, and insulting her with his "not on my list" comment. This is really a case where it doesn't matter what we thought of the date---Jillian seemed to like it. She liked that he fell all over the ski slopes but laughed at himself. She liked that his ears turned red because he was hot for her. And she liked the answers he gave during their fondue chat. She certainly seemed, to me, to enjoy kissing him, because they spent an awful lot of time attached at the lips. Just have to add, Reid has given her plenty of compliments----don't forget "you smell good".
    "Reality is merely an illusion, although a very persistent one." - Einstein

Karen Stivali - author and very cheeky chook

Quote Originally Posted by loveski;3527695;
    I listened to Tanner's conference call at TV Grapevine. I love how the publicist freaks out on him about spilling the beans about Ed's return and he just laughs it off with "oh right, I don't know that happens." Anyway, he said he thought they had something special.
    5. In the tv guide interview with Chris Harrison, he also made the same 'slip'. He also said that they didn't make a good job in presenting how distraught Jillian was when Ed left. Then he also asked the interviewer "with Ed you didn't see the attachment with him?" The interviewer said no then Christ added " did you see the single date with them... (he backtracks) and then said "I don't know kinda like with Kiptyn, they just have this "thing"

This slips are getting too frequent. They are pointing us to the right direction because they want to show us a story. If we are not too hang up with our own desired result we will probably see it.
    Last edited by The Mod Team; 06-26-2009 at 02:40 PM.

To love and be loved is.. goldie2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noobslueth;3527609;
    Gee maybe tptb took a clue from the numerous posts on here and the ABC board when your gorgeous avatar left and everyone wished desperately for his return. But all of my wishing was to no avail and the princess rode off into the sunset with the court jester. Alas a season where prince charming does return for the princess and maybe they live happily ever after. Fleiss... aka Walt Disney ... sounds good to me
    I Like your avatar as well..

Nah, the guy in that season wanted to leave , he didn't have to. And he did NOT want to return to the show.

This time the guy HAD to leave ,didn't want to. And he does WANT to come back, big difference.

And yes ,that bachette did wind up with the court jester ,I will agree with you on that.
    Last edited by goldie2; 06-26-2009 at 02:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bzindsc;3527390;
    Oh she definetly liked him from the first minute LOL does anyone remember if they had been on their 1-1 already when her friend did the interview and said that Ed was her choice for Jillian
    I believe it was after the 2nd epi which was right before the date.

Interesting stuff here. I agree with Snarkattack's and Kultainen's take on the differences in dates/style between Jill with the guys and them with her. Another thing I noticed after Ed told her he may have to leave she asked him "what's our plan?" which stood out to me because it seemed she was thinking of "them" and not him or her. I loved it when he took her face in his hands and told her she looked amazing which is something I'd love to hear after being out in the snow/cold all day. Unfortunately for me my nose gets red when I'm cold or crying.

Quote Originally Posted by albean99;3527736;
    I believe it was after the 2nd epi which was right before the date.

Interesting stuff here. I agree with Snarkattack's and Kultainen's take on the differences in dates/style between Jill with the guys and them with her. Another thing I noticed after Ed told her he may have to leave she asked him "what's our plan?" which stood out to me because it seemed she was thinking of "them" and not him or her. I loved it when he took her face in his hands and told her she looked amazing which is something I'd love to hear after being out in the snow/cold all day. Unfortunately for me my nose gets red when I'm cold or crying.
    It wouldn't if you had TV waterproof plaster (makeup) on.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

The difference I noticed between Ed and Reid's dates would be, during Ed's, we saw the couple's intimacy progress, level to level (talked about deeper thoughts, a la TB style). With Reid's, began and ended as a first date.