Thread: Ed **Spoilers**

FORT Regular

Re: Ed **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by bzindsc;3527419;
    In watching all her dates I made an observation and just wondering if anyone sees things the way I do.

I really noticed a difference in Jillians overall personality/acions I guess when she is with Ed versus the others, I hope I can explain this When she had her 1-1 with Ed she was differnet than with the others, she definetly seemed smittened with him but she seemed more mature, I felt like I was watching 2 people that are or could be a real couple. I dont have the energy to go through all the guys/dates (work kicked my butt last night lol)

But since we all have anaylized this show to death I would be interested to hear if others noticed this as well I would love to hear from her friends now as to who they feel Jillian is herself the most with.
    When they had their first conversation at the m&g, Ed caught my attention and I remember thinking that conversation was very different than the usual ones we see. It wasn't even so much what was said, but in how they were together--maybe more of balance in the interaction? Usually the guys seem a bit frantic to introduce themselves, position themselves to get a rose, do something to stand out--convo usually a bit choppy or awkward. With Ed she seemed very interested, more deferential. There seemed to be a level of comfort. I'd probably have to watch it again to more clearly say what I mean. If I did, maybe I would come away with a different take, but that was my first impression, fwiw.

Adding that I wasn't really reading here before the season started, so I knew nothing about any of the guys. (Now I'm thinking I remember people here liking Reid and Kip, but I don't remember if I read that shortly before or after the first episode.)

eta: I think my first post was in the Ed non-spoiler thread, and it must have been after the 2nd or 3rd episode--I was asking why Ed wasn't getting any attention on the board and that I was surprised more people didn't see a connection, or something like that. Then someone pointed me upstairs to the spoiler threads.
    Last edited by Topiary13; 06-26-2009 at 11:50 AM.

FORT Newbie

The thing I remember thinking about their first discussion, was that they seemed to be able to relate on a level that some of other guys did not, as relates to their professional lives (in marked contrast to break-dancing with Michael). They talked about the readiness in their lives to concentrate on the personal because their professional lives were stable.

On their one on one date, they also talked about being on the same page in that regard, but they also seemed to be having a lot of fun. My favorite line was about Jillian "popping Ed's helicopter cherry."

From what people have said, Ed is outgoing and social, and I can see her fitting in to his hanging out at the bar with a group of friends quite easily. I do remember thinking that their body language was quite positive. They both mirrored each other's movements (such as throwing their heads back to laugh when he asked her what she was going to say after she lost her train of thought.) Seemed nice and comfortable.

She also seems to feel comfortable and relaxed with the other guys as well, but these two just seem to relate better because they seem to be at the same place in their lives. Of course, what do I know????

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Montaname1;3527533;
    "popping Ed's helicopter cherry."
    Yeah, I remember that turned me off. I'm all for sexual language but I think it being in front of the cameras and (i think) it is sort of demeaning to women. Like the "I'm a woman driver". Of course noone knows how much she was being sarcastic. But whatevs.

Quote Originally Posted by snarkattack222;3527058;
    Repost

Wish I can copy paste what was written on the abc boards by someone who answered all the clues on the bachelorette blog

She explained the last five minutes will go down like this

1. Originally Jillian wishes to sort out everything. Told her F1 and F2 that she needs extra time.

2. Kiptyn (or whoever the F2) feels he would rather give her space. Decides to leave

3. Wes suddenly appears singing his new cd for Jillian (the last five minutes. Jillian says he is the hardest one to let go) and then he proposes.
    Sweeps her off her feet.

4. However Jillian, knows who she is going to choose. Ultimately decides to choose orig F1. yes her head is screwed on right... thank goodness.

the poster also mentions... The extra filming also includes the delayed HTD of the F1

*strictly her guess and speculation not mine.
    Who knows whether this is true or not. But it fits in with several previous rumors/clues:

- The report that Ed's family was flown to Hawaii (their "HTD" is in Hawaii?)

- The preview tease that someone other than the F1 proposes, and throws Jillian for a loop

- The preview VO by one of the guys, "I could tell that she was confused" (this is when she tells the F2 guys that she needs more time)

- Reality Steve's claim that a bachelor was paid $50K and guaranteed F4 status (why could this not be Wes...I would imagine that the cash/exposure would be quite appealing to a struggling singer/songwriter)

Of course, ALL of this, with the exception of the preview VOs, is pure rumor. But I'll be keeping it all in mind when I see the next set of screencaps/preview video.

FORT Fogey

Reality Steve's claim that a bachelor was paid $50K and guaranteed F4 status (why could this not be Wes...I would imagine that the cash/exposure would be quite appealing to a struggling singer/songwriter)
    Hasn't RS made it clear that two guys were offered money, rejected it, and did not appear on the show? This makes it sound like he's claiming guys actually on the show took money. I don't think he actually said that.

Quote Originally Posted by dlejhunt;3527565;
    Who knows whether this is true or not. But it fits in with several previous rumors/clues:

- The report that Ed's family was flown to Hawaii (their "HTD" is in Hawaii?)

- The preview tease that someone other than the F1 proposes, and throws Jillian for a loop

- The preview VO by one of the guys, "I could tell that she was confused" (this is when she tells the F2 guys that she needs more time)

- Reality Steve's claim that a bachelor was paid $50K and guaranteed F4 status (why could this not be Wes...I would imagine that the cash/exposure would be quite appealing to a struggling singer/songwriter)

Of course, ALL of this, with the exception of the preview VOs, is pure rumor. But I'll be keeping it all in mind when I see the next set of screencaps/preview video.
    I thought RS recanted the paid bachelor rumor ... in fact, not anything he has said this season worthwhile. Last season he had the story but a contestant shopped that one around.

Moreover, why would they need to pay Wes ... he benefits, doesn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;3527575;
    Hasn't RS made it clear that two guys were offered money, rejected it, and did not appear on the show? This makes it sound like he's claiming guys actually on the show took money. I don't think he actually said that.
    yes, he has made it abundantly clear that he does not know if any of the actual contestants accepted money, only that two men who elected NOT to do the show were made that offer.

despite him reiterating this several times, it continues to be spread as a rumor that he said a current contestant made this deal. RS has said no such thing
    _(Moo!)

To love and be loved is.. goldie2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;3527200;

Funny you mentioned this-- it reminded me of a thought I'd had earlier in the week-- somewhere in the many articles/blogs posted this week, it stated that Jillian wasn't around the guys and stayed in her separate car except when they were taping. Now...if you had the opportunity to hang out with these ?8? guys you were interested in, wouldn't you take it to have some extra time to get to know them better? (Something akin to having the 3 guys living up at her place.) My best guess tells me Jillian kept herself separated because she was busy moping about Ed's departure...

Hey .. have a great Vacation.

Yah, I agree about Jilly and how she was very down last week after Ed left and even said something about needing someone to cheer her up.
    Tanner's inetrview also mentioned how she had a certain "sparkle "whenever she was around Ed..hmmmm..sounds like she liked him to me..

And from the looks of next week's show,she has a huge smile on her face at the Rc when " someone" returns..

I'm with you.If people are not happy at the direction this show is going or what was "allowed or not allowed" with Ed or if they just can't seem to accept the Jilly and Ed love story (which will be heating up again next week),
    then I suggest they just change the channel.

And I definitely suggest they NOT watch the FRC.
    I think it is going to be Brilliant..
    Last edited by goldie2; 06-26-2009 at 01:08 PM.

FORT Fan

The thing I remember thinking about their first discussion, was that they seemed to be able to relate on a level that some of other guys did not, as relates to their professional lives (in marked contrast to break-dancing with Michael). They talked about the readiness in their lives to concentrate on the personal because their professional lives were stable.
    It's nice to hear what other people pick up on. I remember thinking about a couple of people she seemed into to. With Ed, what I liked about the conversation was him saying something to the effect that his mom told him all this stuff about Jillian but he'd have to see for himself if it was true. I don't know if she was more into him than others, but that comment struck me as interestin.

A lot of the guys go on here to please the main girl and say the things she wants to hear. They want to win or stay a long time, not really thinking about trying to figure out if the girl is right for them as well. I also liked this about Mark - guy knew it wasn't there and didn't go overboard to try to suggest otherwise.
    Last edited by loveski; 06-26-2009 at 01:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by goldie2;3527593;
    Hey .. have a great Vacation.

Yah, I agree about Jilly and how she was very down last week after Ed left and even said something about needing someone to cheer her up.
    Tanner's inetrview also mentioned how she had a certain "sparkle "whenever she was around Ed..hmmmm..sounds like she liked him to me..

And from the looks of next week's show,she has a huge smile on her face at the Rc when " someone" returns..

I'm with you.If people are not happy at the direction this show is going or what was "allowed or not allowed" with Ed or if they just can't seem to accept the Jilly and Ed love story (which will be heating up again next week),
    then I suggest they just change the channel.

And I definitely suggest they NOT watch the FRC.
    I think it is going to be Brilliant..
    Gee maybe tptb took a clue from the numerous posts on here and the ABC board when your gorgeous avatar left and everyone wished desperately for his return. But all of my wishing was to no avail and the princess rode off into the sunset with the court jester. Alas a season where prince charming does return for the princess and maybe they live happily ever after. Fleiss... aka Walt Disney ... sounds good to me