Thread: Ed **Spoilers**

FORT Fan

Re: Ed **Spoilers**

he would be the F1 which from what alot have heard there will be trouble in paradise.
    I think there will be trouble in paradise no matter who picks between the 3. And then, post-breakup, will come the typical vilifying of said contestants for being unable to maintain a relationship they developed on a reality show. The environment just isn't very conducive to allow the relationship to translate into the real world so easily. Certainly the opinion is valid (debatable too) that Ed/Jillian (if it's them) have a leg up since they've already dealt with an issue people in a typical relationship would, but by no means does it mean anything's going to come easy or anything is stable enough to produce Trista/Ryan (those 2 got lucky, that's it). The opinion that Ed's alrady having women issues off the show so it won't be an easy relationship is also valid (debatable) but again nothing people in typical relationships haven't had to handle before.

With respect to that, I've just adopted the attitude that I need to enjoy the show and let these people deal with the fall out because it's their life, not mine. Ultimately their decisions will not affect me beyond the final rose situation (and it only affects me there as a point of entertainment). Jillian cannot make a bad choice between the 3 but she's probably going to have issues with all 3 that will be far from the paradise this show tries to create in the last few dates.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by loveski;3527157;
    I think there will be trouble in paradise no matter who picks between the 3. And then, post-breakup, will come the typical vilifying of said contestants for being unable to maintain a relationship they developed on a reality show. The environment just isn't very conducive to allow the relationship to translate into the real world so easily. Certainly the opinion is valid (debatable too) that Ed/Jillian (if it's them) have a leg up since they've already dealt with an issue people in a typical relationship would, but by no means does it mean anything's going to come easy or anything is stable enough to produce Trista/Ryan (those 2 got lucky, that's it). The opinion that Ed's alrady having women issues off the show so it won't be an easy relationship is also valid (debatable) but again nothing people in typical relationships haven't had to handle before.

With respect to that, I've just adopted the attitude that I need to enjoy the show and let these people deal with the fall out because it's their life, not mine. Ultimately their decisions will not affect me beyond the final rose situation (and it only affects me there as a point of entertainment). Jillian cannot make a bad choice between the 3 but she's probably going to have issues with all 3 that will be far from the paradise this show tries to create in the last few dates.
    That is true. Its definitely not easy to make things work with this show translating to real life. I would say the chances of it working are 20% if that. But, there is alot better chance if the guy she selects doesnt have someone back home waiting for them and truely does want to settle down, get married, have a family etc. If they are ready for all of that the percentages do increase.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Bloomers - am waaay late to the game but wanted to thank you SO MUCH for coming forward with the information you were given. I find it interesting that there are those who choose to come back and debate what you've written, but I choose to believe your sources!

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Frog;3524112;
    Maybe he told them from the beginning that she wasn't his type and he wanted to leave. They then concocted a storyline that the romantic women wanted to see. He plays along, is assured he won't get picked if he comes back, his job lets him go back since he'd told them he was going to be gone for awhile previously anyway, gets paid, and everyone's happy. What does everyone think? Sounds plausible to me.
    While anything is always plausible, if Ed left the show with no feelings for Jillian and everything we'd seen up 'til his departure was fake, then someone give him an Oscar and send him to Hollywood!

Or maybe there are some people on the board who are bound and determined to throw Ed under the bus for hurting their friend...(which is also understandable as that's what good friends do!)

Quote Originally Posted by goldie2;3525548;
    Has anyone seen Tanner P.'s new article at Film. Com ?Parts of it are in the media thread.
    I guess it mentions something about how Tanner thought ED was a frontrunner in Tanner's mind by the way she acted around him and he was surprised when he left.
    I guess he also slipped about ED returning and the TPTB handler interupted and said something like We don't know that yet..
    Hysterical..

Tanner P. is awesome..
    Funny you mentioned this-- it reminded me of a thought I'd had earlier in the week-- somewhere in the many articles/blogs posted this week, it stated that Jillian wasn't around the guys and stayed in her separate car except when they were taping. Now...if you had the opportunity to hang out with these ?8? guys you were interested in, wouldn't you take it to have some extra time to get to know them better? (Something akin to having the 3 guys living up at her place.) My best guess tells me Jillian kept herself separated because she was busy moping about Ed's departure...

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3526925;
    ...utterly mundane (to me) sequence of events. Man plans vacation. Man's work interrupts vacation. Man manages to salvage what is left of vacation. Whether it's a contrived plot twist, or a mundane Month in the Life of a Mid Level sales executive, has been, I agree, beaten to death.
    BEST summation of what occurred. Let's put this puppy to rest!

Okay, heading back to real life and enjoying my vacation but one parting piece of advice for everyone -- character assassinations happen each and every season. (I personally dislike them but to each his own, I guess.) When it all comes down to it, we are watching a SHOW where out of 5 Bachelorette seasons and 13 Bachelor seasons, there's only 1 married couple and 3 others dating! Sit back and enjoy the show as it plays out. Jillian has already made her decision and no matter what we think about green shorts or ex-girlfriends, the decision's made. I'm just hoping she's happy and they're lasting.

Okay, leaving FORT and re-entering vacationland...
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

There's something I'd like to point out regarding whether Jillian was attracted to Ed from the beginning or not. I think she must have been. People have pointed out over and over how Reid is very observant and watches Jillian closely and her interactions with others. That said, while Jillian and Ed were on their date Reid's comment was "if he gets into the house he's going to be a (huge) threat". So, obviously, there was an attraction even before their 1:1 that people, at least Reid, noticed and the 1:1 date simply solidified it. Then, when Ed left Jillian turned her attention to the guy she liked the best after Ed - Wes. Thus, her statement of "I thought he was the one" when she was in Austin (this was said before she knew Ed was returning).
    "It's just a show" - let's try not to trash people - tptb do that very well all on their own they don't need our help!

Quote Originally Posted by just logic;3527376;
    There's something I'd like to point out regarding whether Jillian was attracted to Ed from the beginning or not. I think she must have been. People have pointed out over and over how Reid is very observant and watches Jillian closely and her interactions with others. That said, while Jillian and Ed were on their date Reid's comment was "if he gets into the house he's going to be a (huge) threat". So, obviously, there was an attraction even before their 1:1 that people, at least Reid, noticed and the 1:1 date simply solidified it. Then, when Ed left Jillian turned her attention to the guy she liked the best after Ed - Wes. Thus, her statement of "I thought he was the one" when she was in Austin (this was said before she knew Ed was returning).
    Oh she definetly liked him from the first minute LOL does anyone remember if they had been on their 1-1 already when her friend did the interview and said that Ed was her choice for Jillian

Quote Originally Posted by just logic;3527376;
    This is very important and after thinking about it I might have to discount most of the things she has said or will say between last episode and this episode based on the fact that she has no clue Ed is going to return.

In watching all her dates I made an observation and just wondering if anyone sees things the way I do.

I really noticed a difference in Jillians overall personality/acions I guess when she is with Ed versus the others, I hope I can explain this When she had her 1-1 with Ed she was differnet than with the others, she definetly seemed smittened with him but she seemed more mature, I felt like I was watching 2 people that are or could be a real couple. I dont have the energy to go through all the guys/dates (work kicked my butt last night lol)

But since we all have anaylized this show to death I would be interested to hear if others noticed this as well I would love to hear from her friends now as to who they feel Jillian is herself the most with.

Quote Originally Posted by snarkattack222;3527058;
    Repost

Wish I can copy paste what was written on the abc boards by someone who answered all the clues on the bachelorette blog

She explained the last five minutes will go down like this

1. Originally Jillian wishes to sort out everything. Told her F1 and F2 that she needs extra time.

2. Kiptyn (or whoever the F2) feels he would rather give her space. Decides to leave

3. Wes suddenly appears singing his new cd for Jillian (the last five minutes. Jillian says he is the hardest one to let go) and then he proposes.
    Sweeps her off her feet.

4. However Jillian, knows who she is going to choose. Ultimately decides to choose orig F1. yes her head is screwed on right... thank goodness.

the poster also mentions... The extra filming also includes the delayed HTD of the F1

*strictly her guess and speculation not mine.
    The last point of this post reinforces why Ed's mom was made available for press contact after Ed left. Remember, we got a quote from her about how busy Ed is with work and that who would want an unemployed boyfriend anyway? Ed's mom is in on the deal - whatever it is!

Quote Originally Posted by bzindsc;3527419;
    In watching all her dates I made an observation and just wondering if anyone sees things the way I do.

I really noticed a difference in Jillians overall personality/acions I guess when she is with Ed versus the others, I hope I can explain this When she had her 1-1 with Ed she was differnet than with the others, she definetly seemed smittened with him but she seemed more mature, I felt like I was watching 2 people that are or could be a real couple. I dont have the energy to go through all the guys/dates (work kicked my butt last night lol)

But since we all have anaylized this show to death I would be interested to hear if others noticed this as well I would love to hear from her friends now as to who they feel Jillian is herself the most with.
    I think each of the guys bring out different sides of her.

Michael brings out the kid in her
    Wes brings out the polished hick in her
    Reid brings out the carefree everything will work out attitude
    Kip brings out sexiness
    Ed bring out the mature part of her.

Nicely Done!

Quote Originally Posted by Noobslueth;3527444;
    I think each of the guys bring out different sides of her.

Michael brings out the kid in her
    Wes brings out the polished hick in her
    Reid brings out the carefree everything will work out attitude
    Kip brings out sexiness
    Ed bring out the mature part of her.
    ITA....and very nicely put NS!