Thread: Ed **Spoilers**

FORT Newbie

Re: Ed **Spoilers**

*pops out of lurkerdom*

Wow, seems like some people's fuses are getting shorter as more time goes by without a substantiated F1. *hugs everyone*

Just wanted to mention this: I noticed some recent discussion about Jillian's "Mr. Invisible" comment. I don't think this was something coined toward one person to give them a code identity in figuring out the F1. Jillian said this to Chris H in their talk prior to the men arriving at the mansion on the first night: that she was looking for her "Mr. Invisible," or, the guy for her who has not revealed himself yet. Now, I admit I may have missed part of the discussion so my apologies if I mess this up - I have a hard time keeping up with you ladies as you move through pages so fast - but that is my understanding of "Mr. Invisible." I don't know if that has been mentioned yet or not.

And, I'm Team Ed all the way now that my other fave, Jake, is out. I agree with what many of you have said in support of him, his decision to save his job and his actions toward Jillian. So, no need to rehash. Carry on!

*goes back to lurkerdom*

Quote Originally Posted by Starshine_16;3526850;
    I just don't think he should have agreed to come on the show unless he could fully commit to the experience.If he was that concerned about his job,then he should not have risked it.
    Ok. you have sent your message across. Point has been taken. If I may humbly ask of you not to belabor the point. The discussion about Ed's leaving has been repetitive. This is a spoiler thread and I come here in the hopes of reading what was supposed to be written here, that is SPOILER. At least bring your opinion to the correct thread so we can address it on a very neutral ground. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by JoLena;3526644;
    I agree Cheekychook. Ed's job is no more important then the other bachelors. Plus I believe , that Ed's job had nothing to do with him leaving. He left because he was not into Jillian period. And he comes back because TPTB/contract , and maybe a little cash as well. It will all come out in the end., I'm sure .
    You may be right ( although I hope not!) - but what makes you think he was not into Jillian and that he had to come back because of his contract? I know there has been lots of conversation about his behaviour while away, but I dont know where this comes from or specifically was he was supposedly doing. Is there any real evidence or is this more rumour/specualtion at this point. I am really curious cause I was rooting for Ed (Reid too) - If what you are saying is true that would be really lousy for Jill.

Tigerl

Quote Originally Posted by JoLena;3526644;
    I agree Cheekychook. Ed's job is no more important then the other bachelors. Plus I believe , that Ed's job had nothing to do with him leaving. He left because he was not into Jillian period. And he comes back because TPTB/contract , and maybe a little cash as well. It will all come out in the end., I'm sure .

JoLena, can you share how you are so sure about the above info regarding Ed. Can you share how you know this and where did this information that you have come from? Do you know or work with Ed? Please share so that we will all be in the know and can stop tempting us with your posts that are anti- Ed. Just the facts, please!

My last words around THIS metaphorical watercooler, barring new facts --

(1) Ed leaves because he unexpectedly was asked to return by his employer, and he did. Because that was his priority at the time.

(2) Ed returns because the show runners conclude that given the state of their cast/drama at the time, it will make entertaining television and draws in the viewing audience -- water cooler factor. Ed was willing, whether in hope of True Love or to score a sweet vacay in Maui and Big Island, who knows ... or really cares. It's TV!

(3) Notwithstanding hundreds of disclaimers to the contrary, viewer outrage over unfairness of #1, #2, or both is drive largely by preference for another suitor IMO, not some disturbance in the cosmic order of the universe or injustice.

Since Ed was spotted in Hello Canada there have been thousands of posts, literally, debating one aspect of this utterly mundane (to me) sequence of events. Man plans vacation. Man's work interrupts vacation. Man manages to salvage what is left of vacation. Whether it's a contrived plot twist, or a mundane Month in the Life of a Mid Level sales executive, has been, I agree, beaten to death.

FORT Newbie

I think it is obvious that those who wish to talk trash about Ed are only doing so because he is the frontrunner and because Reid is not. Notice they aren't on the Kypton or even Wes thread ripping on him. And I really don't think Reid would be too impressed if he saw what some of his "fans" were posting. IMHO

You know, if Ed isn't F1, he gets a free trip to Spain and Hawaii out of it plus he will get to come home to less work than if he stayed for the entire time If he is f1, he gets the girl, a trip to Spain and Hawaii out of it, comes home to less work, and probably gets some women off his back that thought that they were his "girlfriend?" Win-win for Ed in this situation

I'm a Reid and Kip fan but I think I would like Ed better though if he got rid of those gosh-awful green trunks........honestly, they should be outlawed

I think it is obvious that those who wish to talk trash about Ed are only doing so because he is the frontrunner and because Reid is not. Notice they aren't on the Kypton or even Wes thread ripping on him. And I really don't think Reid would be too impressed if he saw what some of his "fans" were posting. IMHO
    I'll stick up for the Reid fans. There is "trash" being talked about Reid too so it's all fair and balanced.
    My favorites: Reid and Kiptyn

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by deidre1985;3526941 View Post
    You know, if Ed isn't F1, he gets a free trip to Spain and Hawaii out of it plus he will get to come home to less work than if he stayed for the entire time If he is f1, he gets the girl, a trip to Spain and Hawaii out of it, comes home to less work, and probably gets some women off his back that thought that they were his "girlfriend?" Win-win for Ed in this situation

I'm a Reid and Kip fan but I think I would like Ed better though if he got rid of those gosh-awful green trunks........honestly, they should be outlawed

I'll stick up for the Reid fans. There is "trash" being talked about Reid too so it's all fair and balanced.
    I actually really like Reid, and am a fan as well. But I'm quite unimpressed with a few (I didn't say all) of his fans on these threads. It's really getting ridiculous, almost pitiful. Ok, I'll shut up now and go back to dreaming of Ed in those cute green shorts. Love them!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wendyrk;3526962;
    I actually really like Reid, and am a fan as well. But I'm quite unimpressed with a few (I didn't say all) of his fans on these threads. It's really getting ridiculous, almost pitiful. Ok, I'll shut up now and go back to dreaming of Ed in those cute green shorts. Love them!!!
    I second to your post. Well in fact, I happened to like Reid and Jill's 1on1. It's funny. I wonder though why they didn't air the deleted scenes. Perplex by the reason why Reid has been hidden til now. If there was really romance in the air between the two, they should air it quickly on succeeding episodes for viewers to "acclimatize" Reid as F1. I like all the remaining Bachs with the exception of Wes due to his edit.

Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook;3526754;
    ... Has anyone confirmed that Ed had an actual work emergency? Why would anyone at work need to be in on a plot device unless they were going to be questioned about it? Plenty of people watched the show and thought "oh a work emergency, that's why he left". I doubt Microsoft received an onslaught of calls about it, particularly since the company Ed works for wasn't named on the show. Even if Microsoft did receive calls I am fairly sure they would tell any caller that they don't comment on personal company or employee business. But as far as Ed's employer being in dire, desperate need of him presence mid-filming and then free to let him go away for a few weeks just 2 weeks later, you're right, that DOES look odd.
    Unless his boss gave him permission to do so, Ed would be fired for stating he was given an ultimatum to return to work on national TV if not true.

Moreover, Ed's does not work alone. So, if his boss gave him permission to lie, his boss would need to back up that lie with a lies to other members of the staff.

IMO, the client software industry is culturally different in that, because of the importance of networking, integrity considered gold.