Thread: Ed **Spoilers**

Re: Ed **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by cfck2222;3522575;
    I have a rule where I discount all rumors from people without track records. If you, as the poster who brought the accurate scoop about Ed being back at work in the middle of April, had doubts about Ed based on additional information you have received from your long time friend, I would take that seriously. But speaking for myself only and knowing it might be at the cost of ignoring information that happens to be accurate, I'm discounting rumors from new posters. It's nothing personal to them. It's just my blanket rule.

That having been said, you're right that some of those rumors posted might not have anything to do with the information Bloomers posted. I thought they might have but they might not.

To be honest I'd think that anybody who went on this show with the hope/expectation of being engaged by the end of it was being naive. Look at this show's track record! 1 marriage out of 17 although last I checked Charlie got back together with his F1 Sarah and Byron and Mary might still be together despite their problems. Plus the idea that you can be credibly engaged within 3 months of meeting when one person's been dating other people the whole time is insane IMO!

So even though I'll never fully understand why anybody would go on a reality TV dating show, I don't have a problem with the idea that someone might want to go on a potentially romantic adventure in a non standard setting after a break up of a serious relationship. So if Jillian, Ed, and/or anybody else this season signed up for this because they were on the rebound, I don't think it's a big deal. What would make me suspicious is if they expected to be engaged at the end of it!

ITA!!! remember Jillian only went on the bachelor for adventure and wound up falling in "love"

Will this yo=yoing couple become anything more than friends again?
    If they continue to hang out together, it's a certainty.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax;3522601;
    Death and taxes are the only certainties...

Historically Addicted lovemygirls's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax;3522601;
    Finally I agree with you!
    We need not think alike to love alike

Quote Originally Posted by cfck2222;3522356;
    Thanks for posting Bloomers. That explains and seems to confirm the rumors about Ed's relationship status and the tweet and radio report of him being seen with his ex recently but it casts it all in a benign and reasonable light.

I still think Ed is F1 and see him and Jillian as the best fit of all the possibilities on the show this season. I truly like the guy as he's been presented on TV. That being said I'm going to be honest and say Bloomers's post gives me pause. I know exes can be friends and I know it could actually be a very healthy thing for that to happen. If Ed's ex is still hanging out with him after his Bachelorette stint obviously she's OK with it all.

But without knowing anything more than that I still find it weird if Ed is F1 and he's back hanging with his ex so soon after the FRC. Maybe it's all in a big group and it's OK. Hopefully that's all it is. But IMO it's piling awkwardness on top of the awkwardness of a relationship born on reality TV.
    When I read the post by Bloomers I didnt see where it said he was with her since the show started but they had been out together or same functions etc.since the break up. (the timing is my point). and I have seen the been seen in public with girls but not an ex- as such can you point me to that post as well as the where the proof to that is , somehow I missed this in these millions of posts.

Quote Originally Posted by bzindsc;3522630;
    When I read the post by Bloomers I didnt see where it said he was with her since the show started but they had been out together or same functions etc.since the break up. (the timing is my point). and I have seen the been seen in public with girls but not an ex- as such can you point me to that post as well as the where the proof to that is , somehow I missed this in these millions of posts.
    The three posters who I recall discussing Ed's Chicago life from a personal point of reference were spicegirl (spicegal?), chitown (chitown07?) and BlueFrog. They were all newbies who logged on and said they were posting because they knew Ed. I think there were one or two others but I don't recall their log in names---there have been others at other boards as well and all the names become a blur. Several of these posters have also had a number of their posts deleted because they became argumentative with fans here and broke board rules regarding posting in their attempt to make their points. You can search their posts by their names if you want to see which posts remain---it is much, much quicker than attemting to weed through every page of the thread! Not that I've ever done something as crazy as go page by page to find a post I know I read....
    "Reality is merely an illusion, although a very persistent one." - Einstein

Karen Stivali - author and very cheeky chook

Quote Originally Posted by bzindsc;3522066;
    Jillian has stated more than once she doesnt care about the past she said she didnt expect everyone to have been celibit for the last six months (her words not mine) LOL

Who would expect anyone at 30 yrs old to not have had a past relationship no matter what the level. His relationship past was not important to the storyline of their romance. No need to show it to us.
    ITA what does past relationships have to do with a Realty TV speed dating show. If he likes her and is interested in pursuing a relationship with her then go for it, some 29 other guys were doing the same thing, did we see all their past relationships. Tptb are showing a "love story" (cough) with drama just like a romance novel and not everyone will like the ending.

Quote Originally Posted by bzindsc;3522630;
    Just to explain what I was talking about: I was referring to lisamill36's report of a Chicago radio report that Ed was spotted with his ex last week, and to a tweet by a Chicago-based woman who said she had heard Ed was back with his ex. Lisamill36 has posted accurate information about this season so she has a track record (which doesn't mean the radio report was accurate but it means we can trust her that it happened). As far as the tweet, I didn't dismiss the tweet immediately because the tweeter is from the right city, is friends with someone who had previously reported seeing Ed in Southport, is both a B'ette fan and an Ed fan, and didn't have any of the trappings of a troll trying to stir things up. Initially I filed both of the above in the "unconfirmed reports that could refer to factual events" category. My preceding post that you quoted was just referring to those reports being consistent with Bloomers's information about Ed hanging out with his ex. That's all.
    Last edited by cfck2222; 06-24-2009 at 04:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cfck2222;3522687;
    Just to explain what I was talking about: I was referring to lisamill36's report of a Chicago radio report that Ed was spotted with his ex last week, and to a tweet by a Chicago-based woman who said she had heard Ed was back with his ex. Lisamill36 has posted accurate information about this season so she has a track record (which doesn't mean the radio report was accurate but it means we can trust her that it happened). As far as the tweet, I didn't dismiss the tweet immediately because the tweeter is from the right city, is friends with someone who had previously reported seeing Ed in Southport, is both a B'ette fan and an Ed fan, and didn't have any of the trappings of a troll trying to stir things up. Initially I filed both of the above in the "unconfirmed reports that could refer to factual events" category. My preceding post that you quoted was just referring to those reports being consistent with Bloomers's information about Ed hanging out with his ex. That's all.

Not that anyone needs another confirmation of all of this, but it is true. They have been seen out together recently but with a big group of people. They run around with the same crew of people from college and mutual friends. That's hard to get away from. They were together last weekend, I did see them together. Ed can't be showing affection to anyone anyways so even if they are "together", which i suspect they aren't and haven't been for a while, no one would even know.

Quote Originally Posted by chitown07;3522789;
    Not that anyone needs another confirmation of all of this, but it is true. They have been seen out together recently but with a big group of people. They run around with the same crew of people from college and mutual friends. That's hard to get away from. They were together last weekend, I did see them together. Ed can't be showing affection to anyone anyways so even if they are "together", which i suspect they aren't and haven't been for a while, no one would even know.
    "They run around with the same crew of people from college and mutual friends. That's hard to get away from. " I can total understand this. I had a boyfriend which we had the same group of friends. Break up wasn't pleasant and we aren't really friends, however I did not not want to give up our friends we had together, so we still saw and were around each other.

Glad you are still around chitown! If you see Ed tell him he has a lot of fans out here!