Thread: Ed **Spoilers**

  1. #2731
    FORT Fan Tess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    187

    Re: Ed **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by albean99;3522425;
    I'm not suggesting that this will happen with Ed & Jillian but often you break it off with someone you dated a long time and then meet someone who you know immediately is "the one" for you. I guess it's no point in worrying about the length of time or whether Ed's ready because I doubt he'd have come back if he didn't feel strongly about Jillian. I can only imagine they talked about previous relationships while in the mansion and certainly in their time coming up.
    I have seen many times with others that after you break up with someone you had thought was the one, that typically don't let the next one you think is the right one, go. The prior experience makes you ready.

  2. #2732
    FORT Fogey cheekychook's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    in the Enchanted Forest
    Posts
    1,645

    Re: Ed **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by cfck2222;3522356;
    Thanks for posting Bloomers. That explains and seems to confirm the rumors about Ed's relationship status and the tweet and radio report of him being seen with his ex recently but it casts it all in a benign and reasonable light.

    I still think Ed is F1 and see him and Jillian as the best fit of all the possibilities on the show this season. I truly like the guy as he's been presented on TV. That being said I'm going to be honest and say Bloomers's post gives me pause. I know exes can be friends and I know it could actually be a very healthy thing for that to happen. If Ed's ex is still hanging out with him after his Bachelorette stint obviously she's OK with it all.

    But without knowing anything more than that I still find it weird if Ed is F1 and he's back hanging with his ex so soon after the FRC. Maybe it's all in a big group and it's OK. Hopefully that's all it is. But IMO it's piling awkwardness on top of the awkwardness of a relationship born on reality TV.

    While Bloomers info could explain and confirm Ed being seen with an ex out and about in Chicago it does not necessarily address the concerns raised by multiple posters who have popped up here and on other boards to say that Ed is the one with the girlfriend when he came on the show. If Ed and his almost fiance were amicably broken up before he decided to go on the show, then that's cool---no harm, no foul. But if the other posters were referring to a girlfriend who came AFTER that relationship, then we still don't know what the status of THAT relationship was before/during filming. The facts Bloomers presented are great and it's good to have that info, but I don't think it necessarily clarifies all the doubts that have been raised about Ed. Don't yell at me, I'm just pointing out that nothing is absolute at this time.
    "Reality is merely an illusion, although a very persistent one." - Einstein

    Karen Stivali - author and very cheeky chook

  3. #2733
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    117

    Re: Ed **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by goldie2;3521809;
    Jilly wanting to "propose "something to her F1,ED....maybe to date further and see where things will go with the hopes of a" Real proposal" down the road
    ..
    Kip proposes EARLY,trumps ED to it..Jilly "owes it to herself" to think about it..plus it would look bad to the viewers if she didn't consider it some..DRAMA

    She ultimately rejects Kip..he is "heartbroken" for the first time.

    She chooses ED in the finale not knowing if he will propose..says she loves him and "proposes they try and see where things go in the real world".

    Mix in the rumors of his parents possibly being in HI ..sounds like it will be very emotional and romantic ..
    I think you're on to something here.

    When you look at the previews for next week, at 3:12, the VO says, "You know I didn't question things until today." That is Kipytn if you listen to it closely. Then at 3:22, the VO is clearly Ed's, "I can tell she's confused..."

    Ed has a slight 'lisp" if you listen to him carefully, and sometimes over pronounces words like "beach", "work, "worth". Ed pronounced "beach" as "beeeeach" while in a helicopter ride with Jillian. The moment he said "confused" in the clip, there was no doubt it was Ed. His "confused" sound like "confuuuused".

    If you need to see the clip of the preview, please send me a private mail. Not sure if i can post URLs here. I think some scenes in the preview are for the FRC.

  4. #2734
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    515

    Re: Ed **Spoilers**

    Okay...playing devils advocate here....Isn't Jillian (and for that matter any f3/f2/f1) left behind...leaving a scenario where they were 'ready to talk marriage and commit"....only then to come back and try and find love with someone else? I may not saying that Ed is the F1, or for that matter should be, I am just saying lets at least remeber that Jillian was crying into her cups not too long ago over Jason, or Deanna over Brad, or Melissa over Jason....the list goes on and on. Sometimes, when you meet the one....its just the one no matter what happened in the past. just my HO.

  5. #2735
    FORT Fan Marloon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    304

    Re: Ed **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by justaham;3522517;
    I think you're on to something here.

    When you look at the previews for next week, at 3:12, the VO says, "You know I didn't question things until today." That is Kipytn if you listen to it closely. Then at 3:22, the VO is clearly Ed's, "I can tell she's confused..."

    Ed has a slight 'lisp" if you listen to him carefully, and sometimes over pronounces words like "beach", "work, "worth". Ed pronounced "beach" as "beeeeach" while in a helicopter ride with Jillian. The moment he said "confused" in the clip, there was no doubt it was Ed. His "confused" sound like "confuuuused".

    If you need to see the clip of the preview, please send me a private mail. Not sure if i can post URLs here. I think some scenes in the preview are for the FRC.
    I listened to it again. Pretty sure it's Reid.
    "The book you are reading is one man's opinion of moonlight" - Young Girl Blues, Donovan Leitch

  6. #2736
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    117

    Re: Ed **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Marloon;3522544;
    I listened to it again. Pretty sure it's Reid.
    Could be, could be. But when that VO said "confused", it just sounded so much like Ed.

  7. #2737
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    181

    Re: Ed **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Luvvy;3522397;
    She didn't say he was engaged. "Talking marriage" and being engaged are different. But that's a fair point. Is he ready to move on? Which is why I wanted to clarify from Bloomers if it was a few or several months ago that he ended this relationship.

    Well, I think it's perfectly reasonable, especially if he was the one ready for marriage and she wasn't, and he was the one who ended things. It has been my experience that men marry when it's the right time, women when it's the right person--if it's his "right time", then moving on is the only thing he can do. When my ex and I broke up--he wanted to be married, I did not--he married the next woman he dated (conveniently, he was also dating her BEFORE we split up, but that's a story for another forum ).

  8. #2738
    FORT Fanatic cfck2222's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    536

    Re: Ed **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook;3522512;
    While Bloomers info could explain and confirm Ed being seen with an ex out and about in Chicago it does not necessarily address the concerns raised by multiple posters who have popped up here and on other boards to say that Ed is the one with the girlfriend when he came on the show. If Ed and his almost fiance were amicably broken up before he decided to go on the show, then that's cool---no harm, no foul. But if the other posters were referring to a girlfriend who came AFTER that relationship, then we still don't know what the status of THAT relationship was before/during filming. The facts Bloomers presented are great and it's good to have that info, but I don't think it necessarily clarifies all the doubts that have been raised about Ed. Don't yell at me, I'm just pointing out that nothing is absolute at this time.
    I have a rule where I discount all rumors from people without track records. If you, as the poster who brought the accurate scoop about Ed being back at work in the middle of April, had doubts about Ed based on additional information you have received from your long time friend, I would take that seriously. But speaking for myself only and knowing it might be at the cost of ignoring information that happens to be accurate, I'm discounting rumors from new posters. It's nothing personal to them. It's just my blanket rule.

    That having been said, you're right that some of those rumors posted might not have anything to do with the information Bloomers posted. I thought they might have but they might not.

    To be honest I'd think that anybody who went on this show with the hope/expectation of being engaged by the end of it was being naive. Look at this show's track record! 1 marriage out of 17 although last I checked Charlie got back together with his F1 Sarah and Byron and Mary might still be together despite their problems. Plus the idea that you can be credibly engaged within 3 months of meeting when one person's been dating other people the whole time is insane IMO!

    So even though I'll never fully understand why anybody would go on a reality TV dating show, I don't have a problem with the idea that someone might want to go on a potentially romantic adventure in a non standard setting after a break up of a serious relationship. So if Jillian, Ed, and/or anybody else this season signed up for this because they were on the rebound, I don't think it's a big deal. What would make me suspicious is if they expected to be engaged at the end of it!

  9. #2739
    FORT Fanatic sushifan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    525

    Re: Ed **Spoilers**

    Agreed -- I think it's Ed. Something about the way he pronounced that last syllable was very recognizable.

  10. #2740
    Historically Addicted lovemygirls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,190

    Re: Ed **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by justaham;3522568;
    Could be, could be. But when that VO said "confused", it just sounded so much like Ed.
    Reid's voice.
    We need not think alike to love alike

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.