Thread: Ed **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: Ed **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by chopstickchick;3521994;
    sorry, it could have and we just didn't see it. I just thought during their 1-on1 he made it sound like he hasn't had time for a serious relationship or something like that, but I can't remember exactly what he said. Did they talk about previous relationships at all on his 1-on-1? Anyone remember the conversation?
    Remember that they are trying to develop a storyline, and the editing is going to reflect that storyline. So, we see the conversation showing that Ed has put a lot of time and energy into his career ( with the implication that is the reason he hasn't married - maybe that figured into the other relationship? I don't know.) at the expense of relationships. He stated that he had had trouble balancing the two, but now he is ready to really give it a try.

His storyline is not about his past relationships but about balancing career and relationships. The doubt is: Can he do it?
    The resolution will be: Does she accept his coming back as proof that he does, does she see this as an indication of an ongoing behavior, or does she simply find somebody else that she cares for more?

That is the edit as unbiasedly as I can give it. How will they go with it?

However, we need to note that Ed was in the house with her for a couple of days, so you can just about figure that she hit him up for the info about past girlfriends! It would figure that he would tell her. Why shouldn't he? I would look odd for someone his age to not have had some kind of fairly serious ongoing past relationships.
    Last edited by Bloomers; 06-24-2009 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Starshine_16;3522024;
    If they were up there for a few hours I am guessing that they discussed past relationships.If Ed's previous relationship just endced a few months ago,why did they leave that on the cutting room floor? Unless they assumed that people would think Ed was lying about it being over.
    Jillian has stated more than once she doesnt care about the past she said she didnt expect everyone to have been celibit for the last six months (her words not mine) LOL

Who would expect anyone at 30 yrs old to not have had a past relationship no matter what the level. His relationship past was not important to the storyline of their romance. No need to show it to us.

I wouldnt question Ed's leaving and return as ongoing behavior.. If I were Jillian, Id see it as a man who is very LOYAL to his job, so therefore he would be loyal to me as well.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

FORT Regular

yeah, i realize that this particular circumstance is not something most people can really compare against. But, I think more could say that if you had been on one date with a guy in the real world and you knew she was casually dating others and your job relocated you for a few weeks.. you would understand and think his loyalty could cross over to other "serious" areas of his life.

FORT Fan

Thoughts on the person who was hard to let go who comes back to propose:

I think maybe this is Ed she is talking about--not later at the FRC, but next week at the RC. I think he comes back to "sweep her off her feet", proposes, she puts him off (to consider it) and thus keeps him for the Spain/Hawaii dates. I just can't believe TPTB would allow for a 3rd (after Ed and Jake) "return to plead your case" scenario in this season, but they would certainly dangle something in front of us and make us think this is all a last minute thing. Anyone think that's plausible?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by kygirl93;3522161;
    Thoughts on the person who was hard to let go who comes back to propose:

I think maybe this is Ed she is talking about--not later at the FRC, but next week at the RC. I think he comes back to "sweep her off her feet", proposes, she puts him off (to consider it) and thus keeps him for the Spain/Hawaii dates. I just can't believe TPTB would allow for a 3rd (after Ed and Jake) "return to plead your case" scenario in this season, but they would certainly dangle something in front of us and make us think this is all a last minute thing. Anyone think that's plausible?

The preview indicated that Ed comes back in time for the next RC. Jillian can only take 4 to Spain. She has gone on 5 HTs. Since we know from screencaps that Ed goes to Spain, therefore, 2 who had HTs get cut, and Ed gets inserted into the line-up.

Good theory, though!

To love and be loved is.. goldie2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3521951;
    I have had some more inside info that I have sat on just like I did the first one, and just like I did with the info on Reid until I either thought it was prudent to bring it out or saw something in the edit that could possibly verify what I was told.
    The information I gave on Ed that "people who were impressed with him should look further into him" was left in the post. The information I was given on Reid's (the source called it ADD and referred to meds)behavioral tendencies which included "following people around and incessantly asking questions and not waiting for answers and being irked" got deleted by a mod from the post. That information about Reid was alluded to by Jesse ( not connected to my source) the other night in the episode.

I have tried to be fair in assessments. I think that Ed should look people in the eye when he talks (although I myself have trouble thinking about how I want to phrase my thoughts the most efficiently if I concentrate on looking at someone's eyes). I have also said that in the real economic world in which we live, a man competing with a 1-10 chance for a woman would have to opt for the job to pay his bills. I also wasn't crazy about the cucumbers. ( My idea of fair and balanced critique)

That said, I have received more info on Ed that I will honestly give with the same give and take that I try to use on everybody.

This source is married to a member of Ed's family (fairly close - goes to the same clan events). What I was told is that Ed is not quiet and geeky. He is rowdy and fun. It was well known by the family that he HAD a very pretty girlfriend up until a few months ago . They were talking marriage; HOWEVER, they broke off that relationship several months ago. They have shown up at some events, but the family recognizes the relationship currently as a friendship. There is no longer any talk of love or marriage between them - only friends and friendship.
    Will this yo=yoing couple become anything more than friends again?

This was the inside info as I was given it.

This person had nothing to gain by telling me this. The source only thought that the perspective should be straightened.

Why me? Sometimes I get contacted because I try to read the edit and be as unbiased as possible in order to figure out who wins. People will state: "It looks like you try to be fair...."

I do sit on info usually for a while, mull it around, and lean on the side of caution before I just jump in and give it.
    Great post Bloomers..
    And like others have said it stands to reason that a guy like Ed or any guy for that matter his age would of had a serious relationship already in his life.

Personally, I think it bodes well for him and Jilly that maybe he now KNOWS what he WANTS and doesn't want in future wife /partner.
    If a family friend told you as a way to 'clarify" some rumors than that is very beneficial.
    There are far too many FALSE rumors that float around about the bachelors that can be hurtful to their families and loved ones..

Again,if they are likely to be in the same family circles and run into one another at functions and are "friends' now ,then I think that's wonderful and a very mature way to end a relationship.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by goldie2;3522199;
    Great post Bloomers..
    And like others have said it stands to reason that a guy like Ed or any guy for that matter his age would of had a serious relationship already in his life.

Personally, I think it bodes well for him and Jilly that maybe he now KNOWS what he WANTS and doesn't want in future wife /partner.
    If a family friend told you as a way to 'clarify" some rumors than that is very beneficial.
    There are far too many FALSE rumors that float around about the bachelors that can be hurtful to their families and loved ones..

Again,if they are likely to be in the same family circles and run into one another at functions and are "friends' now ,then I think that's wonderful and a very mature way to end a relationship.
    His mom did recommend him for the show..and I tend to believe him when he said that...and his mom also said that Ed has been wanting to be in a serious relationship for the last year...with these two things being said I believe Ed is at the point in his life that he wants to settle down..he came back for Jillian even though he had an out...so she must be something that means a lot to him...

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3522042;
    Remember that they are trying to develop a storyline, and the editing is going to reflect that storyline. So, we see the conversation showing that Ed has put a lot of time and energy into his career ( with the implication that is the reason he hasn't married - maybe that figured into the other relationship? I don't know.) at the expense of relationships. He stated that he had had trouble balancing the two, but now he is ready to really give it a try.

His storyline is not about his past relationships but about balancing career and relationships. The doubt is: Can he do it?
    The resolution will be: Does she accept his coming back as proof that he does, does she see this as an indication of an ongoing behavior, or does she simply find somebody else that she cares for more?

That is the edit as unbiasedly as I can give it. How will they go with it?

However, we need to note that Ed was in the house with her for a couple of days, so you can just about figure that she hit him up for the info about past girlfriends! It would figure that he would tell her. Why shouldn't he? I would look odd for someone his age to not have had some kind of fairly serious ongoing past relationships.
    Great post. I definitely think that is Ed's s/l, so the other interaction that ha nothing to do with said storyline won't be shown on TV. It makes sense, but at the same time, it is unfair for those who want to see the entire relationship and not just a microcosm of it.

To love and be loved is.. goldie2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by trisha22;3522220;
    His mom did recommend him for the show..and I tend to believe him when he said that...and his mom also said that Ed has been wanting to be in a serious relationship for the last year...with these two things being said I believe Ed is at the point in his life that he wants to settle down..he came back for Jillian even though he had an out...so she must be something that means a lot to him...

Great points...

He did say his Mom thought he and Jilly would be perfect for each other during their intial 1 on 1 time on the first night..
    and I don't see his Mom recommending he go on the show IF he still had a GF???

Mom's always KNOW what's BEST...
    Last edited by goldie2; 06-24-2009 at 01:22 PM.