Thread: Ed **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: Ed **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by BachNoFoolMe;3515456;
    Uhhhh are "we" spoiling that Ed is the one she picks?
    No! No! No! I was actually laughing at what she had said. She mentioned the bit about Melissa being seen with supposed boyfriend after the taping of the ATFR, and the way it was said and the timing was perfect for me to say, "So you think Jillian and Ed (too) have broken up?"

Quote Originally Posted by justaham;3515425;
    Not necessarily. Remember he is still under contract with ABC. Any actions that will jeopardize the show will end up in court and a fine of $10M. I don't think Ed will jeopardize being fine for $10M just because he wants to go out with an ex.
    I know he is still under contract, but that doesn't mean he can't have any contact with anyone he knew prior to going on the show. He is back home. He will go out with his "friends" some of whom may be female and may have had girlfriend status at some time. He was under contract when he was home in mid-April and was seen out and about then---why wouldn't he be out and about similarly now?
    "Reality is merely an illusion, although a very persistent one." - Einstein

Karen Stivali - author and very cheeky chook

Quote Originally Posted by lisamill36;3515208;
    My friend does not know the DJ unfortunately just that she heard it. It could very well be not true and I know the media runs with things but to flat out make up a sighting is not really common I dont think. I know it seems weird that he would be out in public with any girl or who knows maybe it was a set up to get the attention off of him. Not sure.
    OK it's understandable your friend wouldn't know the DJ. But does she remember which radio station? Was it the Chicago pop station? The oldies station? The hip hop station? The country station? Was it AM radio? What stations does she usually listen to? Even that information could be helpful because sometimes stations put their gossip segments online. Thanks in advance.

I agree that even if this was reported it doesn't necessarily mean anything. But I'm curious to know what was said anyway.

I am pages behind - do you know exactly what the DJ said? Did he actually say anything that insinuated they looked like a couple?
    Saving one dog does not change the world, but it does change the world of that one dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3515468;
    No! No! No! I was actually laughing at what she had said. She mentioned the bit about Melissa being seen with supposed boyfriend after the taping of the ATFR, and the way it was said and the timing was perfect for me to say, "So you think Jillian and Ed (too) have broken up?"
    Just giving you a hard time.... I know you've been going bonkers over the editing this season.....

Quote Originally Posted by nutty1;3515515;
    I am pages behind - do you know exactly what the DJ said? Did he actually say anything that insinuated they looked like a couple?
    I don't think so. It was just that Ed was seen with a girl, no details. Maybe Jillian finally got a chance to visit Chicago.

A friend of mine who posts on a different board said the talk is Ed was seen home on May 20. I have no clue if there is any truth to this, just thought I'd share.
    Saving one dog does not change the world, but it does change the world of that one dog.

FORT Fanatic

Interesting how lisamill36 has so many friends that happen to know the contestants or heard stories about them. She's Reid's biggest booster and knows him or knows a co-worker and now has a friend who just happened to hear a random comment from an anonymous dj that is negative about Ed. Okie dokie.

Sorry, I'm going with the trusted source on TWoP who knows Ed and said that he seems happy and he's been laying low since he got home from the show and that he hadn't had a lot of serious girlfriends and she certainly didn't know of a current gf.

Whether he's Jillians's final choice or not, no one on these boards knows for sure and I for one am just interested in watching the show to see how it all plays out. Ed seems like a great guy and certainly was very well liked by all the guys on the show. I'm rooting for Jillian and hope she's happy. If it's Ed, it seems like they'd be a good couple and I wish them the best.

Quote Originally Posted by stickle;3515690;
    Interesting how lisamill36 has so many friends that happen to know the contestants or heard stories about them. She's Reid's biggest booster and knows him or knows a co-worker and now has a friend who just happened to hear a random comment from an anonymous dj that is negative about Ed. Okie dokie.

Sorry, I'm going with the trusted source on TWoP who knows Ed and said that he seems happy and he's been laying low since he got home from the show and that he hadn't had a lot of serious girlfriends and she certainly didn't know of a current gf.

Whether he's Jillians's final choice or not, no one on these boards knows for sure and I for one am just interested in watching the show to see how it all plays out. Ed seems like a great guy and certainly was very well liked by all the guys on the show. I'm rooting for Jillian and hope she's happy. If it's Ed, it seems like they'd be a good couple and I wish them the best.

I agree and its Kalen!!!!!!!! So adorable!

Im laughing at this point system created by those genuises at Fleiss. The more outrageous your behavior, the more points you earn. No wonder Wes and Tanner are still there..

The point system is really romantic. Don't you guys think?

Originally Posted by BritLit
    ABC Press Release
    Re: Swiderski Absence and Return

Many viewers have written to us inquiring about the “fairness” of allowing competitor Ed Swiderski to return to the Bachelorette after having left for business reasons. Many of you have expressed concern that Mr. Swiderski may have received preferential treatment and indemnity from elimination in several episodes by his absence. In order to reassure viewers that all individuals appearing on the show receive equal consideration, we have decided to reveal a hitherto unknown aspect of show competition.

While the desires of the show’s “star”, the Bachelorette (or Bachelor, as the case may be) are certainly of paramount importance in the decision as to who receives roses each week, there are other factors, such as diversity, entertainment value, humor, and conflict potential, which must be taken into consideration in those decisions. To determine who is chosen to stay for another episode each week, we have for several seasons adhered to a Point Assignment System.

It would be counterproductive, and no doubt induce needless controversy, to delineate the entire gamut of reasons for point assignment. However, in order to make the system more comprehensible, we shall mention just a few: a one on one date generates 10 points; Special Quality Time on a group date merits 5 points; scandalous behavior, i.e. removal of clothing on camera, is worth 6 points; a kiss of more than 30 seconds duration is worth 7 points.

Obviously, not every competitor has equal opportunities to earn points in any given week. To compensate for that discrepancy, at the beginning of the season, the bachelors who survive the Meet and Greet episode are divided into two teams—only top production staff is privy to the identities of team members. At the end of each week, the points earned by all team members are added together and averaged, so that each member of Team A and each member of Team B receive the same scores. Scoring is cumulative for the season. After elimination ceremonies, some team members may be reassigned to keep numbers of team members equal.

This season, we faced a unique challenge in that Mr. Swiderski, due to circumstances beyond his control, was forced to leave the show for a period of time. Once the decision was made to allow his return to filming, the problem arose as to how Mr. Swiderski was to be scored for the missing time period. In the interest of fairness, it was decided to use the system which has worked so well for Dancing with the Stars and to assign Mr. Swiderski the same points earned by the other members of his team during his absence. This enabled him to rejoin the other contestants without penalty.

We hope that this answers any questions which views may have and alleviates any concerns about the equity of allowing a contestant to leave and then return to the show.