Page 23 of 325 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323373123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ed **Spoilers**

Re: Ed **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Starshine_16;3477404;
    Right.Have we figured out if the schedule would allow time for that in Hawaii?
    I guess if his FD/LCD was combined with meeting his family it's possible. It wouldn't be the same as being in someone's home environment, etc, especially if she's going to move to the F1's place, would she move to Chicago with Ed without even seeing his home?

Quote Originally Posted by chopstickchick;3477531;
    I guess if his FD/LCD was combined with meeting his family it's possible. It wouldn't be the same as being in someone's home environment, etc, especially if she's going to move to the F1's place, would she move to Chicago with Ed without even seeing his home?
    Maybe if he didn't get a HTD he just brought pics/video of his home and family with him to Spain to show Jillian... Ok, just kidding! But there sure is alot of mystery around how this will unfold... can't wait for more caps.. This is becoming like one of those 5000 piece jigsaw puzzles that has a free-form border instead of a regular rectangle
    "When The Legend Becomes Fact, Print The Legend" (From: The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance)

Quote Originally Posted by chopstickchick;3477531;
    I'm still not convinced he didn't have a htd but most of the time they go to where their parents live and not where they live unless it's nearby. I'm sure she'll see the home of anyone she picks before she decides to move there and there will be plenty of other things to work out.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3477516;
    Aww. His 5-year old (never updated) Friendster profile makes him sound perfect for Jill. Come On. This would tug at the most CYNICAL gal's heartstrings!

Very accomplished guy, sounds good until you hit this little tidbit: "I seem to get along with the ladies, but nothing beats hitting the town with the guys."
    When you couple this with the twitter from the guy who intimated that the last time he saw Ed he was at a strip joint, an activity which Ed engages in frequently, a red flag goes up for me. Nothing beats hitting the town with the guys?

And I just can't restrain myself from posting this link to Our Boy's Amazon Wish List...

Amazon.com

Product Description
    Amazon.com Review
    Talk about an ice breaker! This large mold, looking like a luge course at the Winter Olympics, fills with water, pops into the freezer for 24 hours to thoroughly freeze, and creates the most-talked-about party centerpiece in years. Drink shots poured in the top of the two chutes not only chill on their way downhill but can be raced against each other to see which one spills into the waiting glass first. Measuring 17 by 14-1/2 inches, the luge consists of a translucent-as-ice, durable plastic mold that sits on a lime-green base, and makes a definitely unique gift for your favorite party animal. --Ann Bieri

Product Description
    Ice Luge...Ice Sculpture. Let the fun begin when your pour your favorite drink down the luge. Fill this plastic mold with water and pop it into the freezer. 24 hours later you'll have the "ice of the party". Pour your favorite muscle relaxer into the top and catch at the bottom of the run...with your glass or mouth! Measures 17" long and 14" 4 1/2" wide. One mold included.

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3477547;
    And I just can't restrain myself from posting this link to Our Boy's Amazon Wish List...

Amazon.com

Product Description
    Amazon.com Review
    Talk about an ice breaker! This large mold, looking like a luge course at the Winter Olympics, fills with water, pops into the freezer for 24 hours to thoroughly freeze, and creates the most-talked-about party centerpiece in years. Drink shots poured in the top of the two chutes not only chill on their way downhill but can be raced against each other to see which one spills into the waiting glass first. Measuring 17 by 14-1/2 inches, the luge consists of a translucent-as-ice, durable plastic mold that sits on a lime-green base, and makes a definitely unique gift for your favorite party animal. --Ann Bieri

Product Description
    Ice Luge...Ice Sculpture. Let the fun begin when your pour your favorite drink down the luge. Fill this plastic mold with water and pop it into the freezer. 24 hours later you'll have the "ice of the party". Pour your favorite muscle relaxer into the top and catch at the bottom of the run...with your glass or mouth! Measures 17" long and 14" 4 1/2" wide. One mold included.
    He's going to be a lot of fun when he gets married and has to register for gifts...kind of like my son-in-law who wanted to register for 1 sleeping bag and a back pack for his dog at the local sporting goods store :nono

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3477544;
    Very accomplished guy, sounds good until you hit this little tidbit: "I seem to get along with the ladies, but nothing beats hitting the town with the guys."
    When you couple this with the twitter from the guy who intimated that the last time he saw Ed he was at a strip joint, an activity which Ed engages in frequently, a red flag goes up for me. Nothing beats hitting the town with the guys?

yup...I'm even starting to think that his whole "my mom says we'd be great for eachother" line was nothing more than a smooth pick-up conversation. Maybe that's why he wants to avoid the HTD, then Jill would find out his mom never said anything of the sort!

Agreed Bloomers. I think people took that as a joke, but I wouldn't be so quick to judge it that way. I know a lot of professional, rich businessman that go to strip clubs; they are married even. It is a monthly thing for them. It wouldn't surprise me if that was true about Ed.

yup...I'm even starting to think that his whole "my mom says we'd be great for eachother" line was nothing more than a smooth pick-up conversation. Maybe that's why he wants to avoid the HTD, then Jill would find out his mom never said anything of the sort!
    Agreed. He wouldn't even make eye contact with her when he was talking about it; that is unusual for a highly successful business man.
    My favorites: Reid and Kiptyn

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3477018;
    I think the key may be to watch the edit they give him - not necessarily how they interact together, but maybe they kinds of things he says about the situation itself, etc.

In other words, they may have a fantastic date tomorrow night, BUT if he does start criticisizing the guys in the house and saying he is uncomfortable, then the editors are casting doubt upon him - not upon their relationship. What that means is if she goes to cut him, then people will have something to look back on that they did not like - the things he said about the guys in the house.
    If they start to edit Ed as being uncomfortable in the house they can make that edit go either way---he could look like a whiner or a wuss because he's upset and complaining OR he could get the viewer's sympathy if the situation he is upset about is edited so that it looks like it was too much for "a good guy" to take. Neither edit has to be based on reality, it's all just brushstrokes to paint whatever image of Ed they're trying to create. Even Jesse, from Deanna's season, who was clearly shown to be a bit of an instigator, to dress with wild abandon, to crudely discuss bodily functions, was also shown to have the sweetheart of a dad who got teary when talking about him, and to have a sweetness about him where Deanna was concerned---in that case there were two many other variables for the editors to swing his edit back around to totally likable in time for the finale, but a lot of viewers did come around in retrospect. I am a big fan of exploring the edit, I just think you need to make sure to look well beyond the edit as well. So far this season we don't really know anything about any of these guys. This is the first season I can think of in a while that doesn't appear to have anyone on the boards who is a close personal friend/family member of a contestant. Lots of the guys from Deanna's season had staunch defenders on the boards. Melissa had friends popping up last season. Even Molly had a few. Wonder why no one's coming to bat for these guys?
    "Reality is merely an illusion, although a very persistent one." - Einstein

Karen Stivali - author and very cheeky chook

Jillian said something somewhere about her preferring a guy that would like to have his friends over to their place for a BBQ to one that likes to go out with the guys. Hmm...If only I could remember where I heard this.