Thread: Ed **Spoilers**

Re: Ed **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook;3514788;
    I agree, choosing Wes would cause backlash, but I maintain there will be backlash no matter who she chooses, it will just come from different sources. Reid getting his 1:1 now has nothing to do with anything. Someone always gets the late 1:1 and often times that person goes quite far (Sarah B in Charlie's season got a late 1:1 and hadn't even kissed him yet, and she won....Jeremy was the last 1:1 and stayed to F3, and there was huge backlash toward Deanna when she let him go). Choosing Ed would in no way save her from backlash---nothing will. That is the unfortunate "reality" of the show.
    I agree with that. With the number of episodes left we are just really beginning the meat of the story. If we only had 8 episodes, yeah it would probably be too little, too late. But Reid will have the last 1:1, then go into hometown, then a pretty awesome looking hotel get-away in Spain, then Hawaii, so she has plenty of time left to spend with him. Ed's departure to me could be a wash--there is just as much chance that it helps cement her feelings for Ed, as there is of them not being able to recapture what they had before he left. Which is the beauty of how it is all playing out. We will see a great reunion in Spain, but then TPTB will start to plant the seeds of doubt about him.

Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook;3514768;
    I don't think there has ever been a primary on this series who has come away without backlash. Whether it's for being boring (Bob, Prince Lorenzo), for not really picking anyone (Brad and, to an extent, Jen S.), for saying "Love you" to the F2 (Andy B), for picking someone the majority of viewers didn't expect (Deanna, Jason, and for some Andy B)----the edit always sets up the audience to have negative things to say about the primary. Kissed to many people, made wrong choices, had meltdowns, not fair to some contestant, the list is endless---the result the same---there is backlash when you are the primary because you can't possibly please every viewer---and even if you DID the edit would likely not show it, because those doing the edit want the drama, they don't care if the primary gets backlash as long as the viewers tune in to watch the show.

With Ed they have created a no win situation for Jillian---if she chooses him in the end some will be mad (thinking he had an unfair advantage or that she was fooled by him, etc) and if she doesn't choose him some will be mad (she gave him false hope by letting him come back and then she crushed him). She can't come out of this without backlash. TPTB are no doubt in a happy place right now. Jillian can lose, but TPTB will be just fine.
    sad but true

To love and be loved is.. goldie2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by albean99;3514747;
    I've always gotten the impression that she wasn't so much talking about the final outcome because she can't confirm anything but that people wouldn't understand why she did some things along the way which has got to be Wes and perhaps getting rid of Jake before the HTDs.
    My thoughts exactly

No matter what she does there will always be people who disagree or who are upset,she knew this going in.But I think now that the show is airing and various things are being shown she is more concerned about the kissing,drinking,hot tubbing,WES...etc...
    Hopefully everyone will be happy that she is happy in the end,no matter who she is with....

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Silver18;3514741;
    I wonder about some of Jills tentative comments about the outcome (picking who was right for her (not us) and comments implying the relationship may not last - cant remember exactly what she said here)- reflects that she knows there will be some backlash. And given what happened to Jason et al last time... yikes - who can blame her.

If Jill picks Ed as the F1 - will there be backlash against her and Ed?
    (it was not a fair process, Ed is a quitter etc etc)

If Jill doesn't pick Ed as the F1 - will there be backlash against her?(how could she not pick him after he came back for her etc..)
    Yes that's weird. If she picked Ed I don't see it lasting very long. I keep hearing rumors of him having a girlfriend. He may end up winning and become more of a vilian than Wes. I think with Kip or Reid she has a much better chance of it lasting

Quote Originally Posted by lisamill36;3514890;
    Yes that's weird. If she picked Ed I don't see it lasting very long. I keep hearing rumors of him having a girlfriend. He may end up winning and become more of a vilian than Wes. I think with Kip or Reid she has a much better chance of it lasting
    That is highly unlikely, especially given that Ed is a fan favorite at this point. I really can't see any scenario in which he becomes more of a "villain" than Wes.

As far as it lasting, who knows? I think they are extremely compatible and have great chemistry. I wish Jillian and her final guy nothing but the best...whomever she chooses.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Luvvy;3514896;
    That is highly unlikely, especially given that Ed is a fan favorite at this point. I really can't see any scenario in which he becomes more of a "villain" than Wes.

As far as it lasting, who knows? I think they are extremely compatible and have great chemistry. I wish Jillian and her final guy nothing but the best...whomever she chooses.
    I only say that because it was posted on here before that someone thought he had a gf and was one of the ones with the gf and there was a report that he was spotted with her in Chicago this week. If he does come back which we know he does and is already back with an ex that's somewhat quick.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Spicegirl;3473689;
    Everyone is so fooled. I heard Ed has the girlfriend back home and he left for her and not because he couldn't take the producers and the show anymore. I actually have proof through some friends. He's not the perfect gentleman they portray him to be. Don't let the wool be pulled over your eyes ladies. :nono
    I discounted this post at first but a friend from Chicago said that on the radio he was spotted with the ex this week. Really hope she didn't pick him if this is true

Quote Originally Posted by lisamill36;3514911;
    I discounted this post at first but a friend from Chicago said that on the radio he was spotted with the ex this week. Really hope she didn't pick him if this is true
    what do you mean, that on the radio they announced this?

Quote Originally Posted by Luvvy;3514896;

Regarding the bolded above, the scenario in which Ed would be more of a "villain" than Wes would be if it were discovered that Ed had a girlfriend and Wes didn't. I'll duck now.
    "Reality is merely an illusion, although a very persistent one." - Einstein

Karen Stivali - author and very cheeky chook

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by lisamill36;3514911;
    If he is back with his gf, then maybe he's not F1 right?