Thread: Ed **Spoilers**

Re: Ed **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by cfck2222;3512646;
    That having been said as much as I kept telling myself "Evil, manipulative show editors! Evil manipulative Fleiss!" I found Ed to be extremely likable and very attractive last episode. He was a very sympathetic character because his being pulled in 2 directions as the show portrayed it coincided with him becoming a producer pawn. But take Ed's sheer inability to play things up for the cameras and his seeming aversion to drama and I believe he felt a real emotional conflict inside. Because of his understated personality him saying stuff like he could see himself with Jillian for the rest of his life actually felt like it had some weight.

Heck even that part where he snapped at one of the guys and Jake (?) asked him what was wrong felt real and it made me like Ed more instead of making me think he's a diva or a guy with a short fuse!

I think Ed's attractive, smart, and he's got the right amount of fidgetiness to balance Jillian's chatty and slightly hyperactive go-get-em ways. I have no idea what he's doing on this silly TV show! But I like him despite that and how this silly show's going to use him.

From all the interviews I've read and heard Jillian's been telling people to hang in there through thinking she's losing her mind because she makes a great choice in the end. She's said over and over again that if people just stick it out and look at some of her bad decisions as entertainment, they'll get the great ending because she's got a great head on her shoulders. IMO that's mostly her asking people to just look at the Wes thing as entertainment because the public will love and support her final decision.
    ITA!

I just thought about this ... I wonder if Ed will show up wearing the dead rose from 3 weeks prior ... that would make my night personally

Quote Originally Posted by Noobslueth;3512760;
    I just thought about this ... I wonder if Ed will show up wearing the dead rose from 3 weeks prior ... that would make my night personally

Straight out of a movie...

Ed: I told you I wanted to keep it. (pointing to the dead rose)
    Jillian: That's the most romantic thing anyone's ever done for me.

I'd love to see that, too.

FORT Fan

I wonder if Ed will show up wearing the dead rose from 3 weeks prior
    I love it! I hope it happens exactly like that. Although it would also be funny if he said he threw the flower out...

FORT Regular

Someone, sanlee?, posted screencaps of Ed And Jillian from the Whistler group date. There is an intensity in her face and body language that I have not seen in any screencaps of interaction with the other guys. No smiles, just connection and intimacy and longing. She is turning her story over to him.

Surprisingly, the only other time I think I've seen her let the guy lead is with Wes, in the previews on the train. Except I think their relationship is, by mutual agreement, really the scripted one. But she seems to trust Ed and Wes, in different ways, but it is trust, for sure.

Does she end up with Ed? Who knows. Maybe, maybe not. But there was something there she did not have with anyone else.
    Last edited by Topiary13; 06-19-2009 at 10:52 PM. Reason: 1st half of my post was lost

You know Ed will be brining that rose back with him. Why the heck do you think he took it to begin with. To really remember the experience if he wasn't going to come back and the pain to remember of what could have been if he would have stayed on the show?

I'm sure the rose will be nicely dried and kept pretty perfect....we haven't seen the end of the rose yet!

Someone, sanlee?, posted screencaps of Ed And Jillian from the Whistler group date. There is an intensity in her face and body language that I have not seen in any screencaps of interaction with the other guys. No smiles, just connection and intimacy and longing. She is turning her story over to him.

Surprisingly, the only other time I think I've seen her let the guy lead is with Wes, in the previews on the train. Except I think their relationship is, by mutual agreement, really the scripted one. But she seems to trust Ed and Wes, in different ways, but it is trust, for sure.

Does she end up with Ed? Who knows. Maybe, maybe not. But there was something there she did not have with anyone else.
    I agree, I liked those pictures, especially the one where he is looking into her eyes because I feel we don't see that much with him. He has very poor eye contact with her, IMO.
    My favorites: Reid and Kiptyn

FORT Regular

Yeah, I think there has been more of that than we have been shown. Although, remember when you were falling in love? There are moments in the early stages where you keep your eyes averted--fearing that your eyes will not lie and your true feelings will be revealed? So you wait for the right moment to let your eyes be the window to your soul? When you are sure that what you are feeling is real.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Topiary13;3512833;
    I still think it is going to come down to a choice between Ed and Kip and I for one am looking forward to watching the story unfold.

Is Kip going to step up to the plate and do some pursuing which is out of his comfort zone? There's no doubt the two of them have a physical connection and watching their easiness with each other during the Vancouver date, I believe there is something deeper there, or at least the possibility of something deeper.

Is Ed going to concentrate on love rather than career? His returning partly answers the question in that he's showing a willingness to explore where their crazy journey (drink!) might take them. I'm confident they are an awful lot closer than the few clips have allowed us to see. Their dinner and date went very well and then Ed moved into the mansion so for three days they had a lot of one on one time to build on the obvious attraction.

I think Jillian herself is going to have a big struggle with her emotions trying to figure out her feelings about these two men. To me, what I'm seeing on my tv with these guys feels much more real than most previous seasons and I've gotten very invested in seeing how it turns out. Some of that is, I think, the maturity of the major figures. At 28-30, they've had the life experience to have a better idea of what they're looking for. You only have to look at Michael and Robbie to see how much of a difference those few years make in the maturation process, plus most of the bachelor seasons featured girls in their earlier twenties. I'm liking the older people this season.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Topiary13;3512861;
    Yeah, I think there has been more of that than we have been shown. Although, remember when you were falling in love? There are moments in the early stages where you keep your eyes averted--fearing that your eyes will not lie and your true feelings will be revealed? So you wait for the right moment to let your eyes be the window to your soul? When you are sure that what you are feeling is real.
    What a lovely post. And yes, I remember.