Thread: Ed **Spoilers**

Re: Ed **Spoilers**

From Ed's Window's Live site!

Beata Arnesenwrote:
    Wishing you all the best! :o)
    1 day ago

Quote Originally Posted by chopstickchick;3512128;
    I don't think she ever said when her F1 is revealed. She said when they see some of the decisions she makes along the way that they might not agree with. This could be in reference to keeping Wes over Jake, this could be in reference to letting Ed come back in the 1st place, this could be in reference to letting Mike go, etc. She says once we see the end, we'll know she has her head screwed on right. Now whether the audience will actually agree with that or she's just convinced herself of that, is another question.

I agree that we shouldn't interpret Jill's comments too early. There's LOTS more show to come. It's also important to remember that she's scripted, even now. All we can count on right now is the objective evidence.

Can ya'll imagine the look on her face when she sees Ed for the first time when he returns? It is going to mean alot to her that he came back for her and she probably will forget about him leaving her in the first place. It will be priceless imo!!!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by goldie2;3512332;
    From the episode description it looks like he MAY return at the HTD RC....
    Something in the description about two guys have a confrontation..
    Since normally the guys just walk in from the limo and hardly ever utter a word before she cuts someone at this point I'm assuming the " confrontation" is about Ed's return ....
    Someone is NOT happy about it...I bet
    If this is in fact true; could this be when Michael is crying by the SUV. Perhaps he's upset because Ed comes back and Jillian let's him go at the RC.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by sanlee;3512515;
    Can ya'll imagine the look on her face when she sees Ed for the first time when he returns? It is going to mean alot to her that he came back for her and she probably will forget about him leaving her in the first place. It will be priceless imo!!!

Yep....Ed's return to Jillian is going to be one of those "can't miss" moments this season I still think this whole leave/return scenario is soooooo producer driven & pre-planned. However, it's prefectly suited for Fleiss-style dramatic TV...and I'll be there....

Quote Originally Posted by loveski;3512359;
    If you're making it up then so am I. Recent interviews haven't really had this theme but I remember in her early June interviews, she would be talking about picking someone right for her, not the audience. She talked about the head on her shoulders thing which most people remember. And there was definitely one interview where she expressed concern that her choice may not be the people's choice, but she was the one who would be living with it so she had to do right by herself. At the time, I thought it meant she chose no one or both.

I'm not sure it means anything to be honest because I don't think Jillian would have known at that point who the audience's favorite would be - unless she was talking about letting Jake go early or keeping Wes around too long.
    Right, but I think she was talking about her choices along the way, not necessarily F1. I think she's referring to letting Mike go, getting people ready for her letting Jake go, etc

Quote Originally Posted by sanlee;3512515;
    See I'm the opposite. I'm actually not looking forward to the way Fleiss and the editors present Ed's return because I feel like they're going to milk it for drama and all it's going to do is remind me how much I don't believe in this silly show. I feel like there's going to be so much build up to Ed explaining himself and as uncomfortable IMO as he is in front of the cameras it won't be satisfying.

That having been said as much as I kept telling myself "Evil, manipulative show editors! Evil manipulative Fleiss!" I found Ed to be extremely likable and very attractive last episode. He was a very sympathetic character because his being pulled in 2 directions as the show portrayed it coincided with him becoming a producer pawn. But take Ed's sheer inability to play things up for the cameras and his seeming aversion to drama and I believe he felt a real emotional conflict inside. Because of his understated personality him saying stuff like he could see himself with Jillian for the rest of his life actually felt like it had some weight.

Heck even that part where he snapped at one of the guys and Jake (?) asked him what was wrong felt real and it made me like Ed more instead of making me think he's a diva or a guy with a short fuse!

I think Ed's attractive, smart, and he's got the right amount of fidgetiness to balance Jillian's chatty and slightly hyperactive go-get-em ways. I have no idea what he's doing on this silly TV show! But I like him despite that and how this silly show's going to use him.

From all the interviews I've read and heard Jillian's been telling people to hang in there through thinking she's losing her mind because she makes a great choice in the end. She's said over and over again that if people just stick it out and look at some of her bad decisions as entertainment, they'll get the great ending because she's got a great head on her shoulders. IMO that's mostly her asking people to just look at the Wes thing as entertainment because the public will love and support her final decision.
    Last edited by cfck2222; 06-19-2009 at 10:21 PM.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sanlee;3512397;
    She knew that Ed would be coming back into the picture though and she may have thought that it was a possibility that some people would have other favorites while Ed was gone and when he came back and won, he wouldn't be many people's favorite.
    Now why would she think that-- people don't have other favorites and noone got upset that Ed chose to leave, right?

And there definitely won't be an uproar on the boards when he finally comes back either.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

FORT Fan

See I'm the opposite. I'm actually not looking forward to the way Fleiss and the editors present Ed's return because I feel like they're going to milk it for drama and all it's going to do is remind me how much I don't believe in this silly show. I feel like there's going to be so much build up to Ed explaining himself and as uncomfortable IMO as he is in front of the cameras it won't be satisfying.
    I have to agree with your sentiments - very well stated. I'm not looking forward to the specific moment he returns. You're absolutely right, IMO, that Ed isn't really able to play anything up for the cameras like reality contestants are sometimes expected to. I sense the reunion initially will be as weird and awkward as those moments on the couch were. In fact, despite believing that Ed did have to leave for work, it wasn't until the hug in the hallway that I actually was completely convinced by what was going on and how everyone was feeling. I'm not sure what it was about the hug but I believed that this must actually pretty hard on both of them.

The good news for me though is I am completely looking forward to the moments, following the reunion, in the fountain.

Quote Originally Posted by cfck2222;3512646;

That having been said as much as I kept telling myself "Evil, manipulative show editors! Evil manipulative Fleiss!" I found Ed to be extremely likable and very attractive last episode. He was a very sympathetic character because his being pulled in 2 directions as the show portrayed it coincided with him becoming a producer pawn. But take Ed's sheer inability to play things up for the cameras and his seeming aversion to drama and I believe he felt a real emotional conflict inside. Because of his understated personality him saying stuff like he could see himself with Jillian for the rest of his life actually felt like it had some weight.

Heck even that part where he snapped at one of the guys and Jake (?) asked him what was wrong felt real and it made me like Ed more instead of making me think he's a diva or a guy with a short fuse!

I think Ed's attractive, smart, and he's got the right amount of fidgetiness to balance Jillian's chatty and slightly hyperactive go-get-em ways. I have no idea what he's doing on this silly TV show! But I like him despite that and how this silly show's going to use him.

From all the interviews I've read and heard Jillian's been telling people to hang in there through thinking she's losing her mind because she makes a great choice in the end. She's said over and over again that if people just stick it out and look at some of her bad decisions as entertainment, they'll get the great ending because she's got a great head on her shoulders. IMO that's mostly her asking people to just look at the Wes thing as entertainment because the public will love and support her final decision.
    Jillian telling people that she made a great choice in the end could mean that she chose the "right" guy for her, that she chose to see two of them in the real world, or that she chose no one at all. Her interviews have all been very cleverly crafted---it just seems less so because of her rambling, chatty style of talking. She seems like she's giving stuff away, but she's really just making statements that could fit any guy, given the right edit. In addition, since she admits she is watching the show, she sees what we have been seeing, so she knows that there will be negativity toward Ed and Wes, just like she knows that Tanner is being edited to be a foot obsessed loony---so anything she says in defense of any of the guys means she is just saying that their edit is overblown---it doesn't indicate who she chose, or even if she chose, IMO.
    "Reality is merely an illusion, although a very persistent one." - Einstein

Karen Stivali - author and very cheeky chook