Page 19 of 325 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282969119 ... LastLast

Thread: Ed **Spoilers**

Re: Ed **Spoilers**

I remember reading (many years ago) about a study that showed that when people are under very stressful situation, life/death, etc; they will tend to easily fall in love with the first person they meet right afterwords that is supportive of them. Doesn't mean the relationship will last, but there is a propensity for it to occur.

My point is, I can see her falling for him, and then even if he leaves of his own accord later - she would be happy/inclined to take him back because they have shared something special and bonded.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

FORT Fogey

I think the key may be to watch the edit they give him - not necessarily how they interact together, but maybe they kinds of things he says about the situation itself, etc.

In other words, they may have a fantastic date tomorrow night, BUT if he does start criticisizing the guys in the house and saying he is uncomfortable, then the editors are casting doubt upon him - not upon their relationship. What that means is if she goes to cut him, then people will have something to look back on that they did not like - the things he said about the guys in the house.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3477010;
    I remember reading (many years ago) about a study that showed that when people are under very stressful situation, life/death, etc; they will tend to easily fall in love with the first person they meet right afterwords that is supportive of them. Doesn't mean the relationship will last, but there is a propensity for it to occur.

My point is, I can see her falling for him, and then even if he leaves of his own accord later - she would be happy/inclined to take him back because they have shared something special and bonded.
    Plus the rappel is a stress (endorphin) inducing excercise...guaranteed to boost intense feelings toward the one sharing the experience. This will be the first stress induced date she will have shared. Others? The zip line in Canada (Reid?) and the zip line in Hawaii (Kiptyn.) Otherwise...her dates seem pretty stress free as far as hormones go...well, except for the stress of dating multiple men at the same time - but that is her problem.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3477018;
    I think the key may be to watch the edit they give him - not necessarily how they interact together, but maybe they kinds of things he says about the situation itself, etc.

In other words, they may have a fantastic date tomorrow night, BUT if he does start criticisizing the guys in the house and saying he is uncomfortable, then the editors are casting doubt upon him - not upon their relationship. What that means is if she goes to cut him, then people will have something to look back on that they did not like - the things he said about the guys in the house.
    I get what you mean Bloomers. I will be looking for this tommorow as well since they had time to edit the show now knowing who the F1 is. Tommorow night's show should tell us ALOT. I think I said that last week too and look where we are....
    Roberto: "Ali wakes me up in the middle of the night to tell me she's dreaming about puppies... The smile on her face was priceless."

Quote Originally Posted by Rags317;3476850;
    Ed's cute and he's growing on me, but he's no Reid. She and Reid have something more like Ryan & Trista.

Reid is still my guess for the F1.

I'll be sorry if Jillian doesn't choose him. To me their eyes sparkle when they are with each other. I love it!

Historically Addicted lovemygirls's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaFan;3477070;

I'll be sorry if Jillian doesn't choose him. To me their eyes sparkle when they are with each other. I love it!
    Ditto.

Ed is one of my faves too though.
    We need not think alike to love alike

Quote Originally Posted by CaFan;3477070;
    Mine too despite all this Ed news.
    "I need to stop talking about shoes before I get tabbed to judge some gay fashion show, or get a call from Tanner to hang out." sdl

I'm just not feeling the Ed-love. I think he's nice looking, but not enough that I put him as my pre-season eye candy. I'd rather it had been Mike in the fountain in Spain, but it looks like the great FORT sleuthers show him being booted out in Canada. If Ed did leave and come back and it WASN'T for some honest-to-goodness CRISIS, I'll be disappointed if she takes him to F2. On the other hand, as was pointed out above, if the alternative is one of the Bobsey Twins...

My eye candy guys are being spit out like watermelon seeds. Curse you, Fleiss!
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3477026;
    Plus the rappel is a stress (endorphin) inducing excercise...guaranteed to boost intense feelings toward the one sharing the experience. This will be the first stress induced date she will have shared. Others? The zip line in Canada (Reid?) and the zip line in Hawaii (Kiptyn.) Otherwise...her dates seem pretty stress free as far as hormones go...well, except for the stress of dating multiple men at the same time - but that is her problem.
    I always figured that was where Jason and Molly bonded, on their bungee jumping date.

Also, I think the stress study someone just mentioned above has also been applied to people who are ending long-term relationships or marriage. The first new man or woman in their life that they get close to is called the "rebound girl" or "rebound guy." Can be taken as a warning not to get too close to someone who has recently separated or divorced. Rebound relationships apparently frequently don't last. Sorry if this is somewhat OT, I've always been interested in it as I've seen friends go through it.

'Night everyone.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by I'msotired;3477101;
    I'm just not feeling the Ed-love. I think he's nice looking, but not enough that I put him as my pre-season eye candy. I'd rather it had been Mike in the fountain in Spain, but it looks like the great FORT sleuthers show him being booted out in Canada. If Ed did leave and come back and it WASN'T for some honest-to-goodness CRISIS, I'll be disappointed if she takes him to F2. On the other hand, as was pointed out above, if the alternative is one of the Bobsey Twins...

My eye candy guys are being spit out like watermelon seeds. Curse you, Fleiss!
    Agreed! I was so excited when people thought Mike made it to F3. Alas, I'll just have to enjoy him while I can. It's just like with Brian from TX (Bachelorette 4)!