Thread: Ed **Spoilers**

FORT Newbie

Re: Ed **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by atlMD;3504825 View Post
    That's neither here nor there, the fact remains that he should not have signed up for a reality show that may take two months of your time - nothing more, nothing less!
    Yes, but what's done is done. Live and learn!!

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;3504824;
    LOL (not laughing at you but the analysis) -- we've had analysts on here before and they've never gotten the F1 right!!
    Go ahead and laugh
    Then call me at 1-613-555-BYED mid July! Promise?
    "No matter how lovesick a woman is, she shouldn't take the first pill that comes along!"Joyce Brothers

I don't think Ed's decision to leave is the problem, but rather his return. I have a feeling if he were gone for good, he would be hailed as a hero for making the right decision.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Parasolpink;3504814;
    Ed does have a boss, himself and apparently he calls himself on the phone! Translation: I'm just not that into you and I may as well get back to work.
    Hee!

At the risk of being booed off the thread, may I present yet another Anonymous post from internet land ... a comment following the People recap of last night's show says they're from Chicago and knows someone who knows Ed (yeah, I know) and he definitely has/had a girlfriend.

I hate to keep beating the same drum, but either there's a conspiracy against Ed out there or these little things we're seeing may actually have some merit.

Quote Originally Posted by lovemygirls;3504159;
    I tend to agree, we shall see...

BTW, ITA with cheekychook's assessment of the situation. Great post.
    I feel this way too. Did anyone else notice - if you watch teh very beginning of their talk when they are sitting on the coauch. Jillian is giggling jsut before Ed starts his talk. Why is that ? Are they gearing themselves up to get emotional ?? Looks fishy to me. And Ed had a hard time looking her directly in teh eyse. I like Ed - but I just haven't seen it with them. He is saying all the right things but not showing me.

Quote Originally Posted by Parasolpink;3504814;
    Ed does have a boss, himself and apparently he calls himself on the phone! Translation: I'm just not that into you and I may as well get back to work.
    That could be and p.s. He has a g.f. at home.

Who knows, I have no idea what the truth is, but when it comes to this Fleiss circus what you see is not reality most of time.
    Last edited by girlsmom; 06-16-2009 at 02:33 PM.

RS' new blog is up, saying the whole Ed thing is totally scripted and didn't actually have anything to do with work.

Quote Originally Posted by girlsmom;3504266;
    snoopyjane: My question: Would your son have been able to commit to leaving for 8 weeks to go on a reality show? That's what doesn't make sense to me. The only true reason that I can come up with that a young successful guy like this would do the show is to promote himself thus his business. I simply don't buy that he went looking for love in this manner especially in this economy. He lives in Chicago, not the North Pole. THere are LOTS of women there, including my daughter,lol.
    Having said that I don't doubt that he felt a connection with Jillian, I don't disbelieve that the situation came up, the producers saw an opportunity for a twist and didn't discourage him too much from leaving. Who knows if he was told that he could come back at that time, but if there was a real connection then Ed could contact her in the real world. It's not like the t.v. engagement, if it happened, would be binding, they VERY rarely have been.

The problem is that if he comes back, which he apparently does, he'll miss (how many) dates and btw how many other guys would have had "good" reasons to leave and should they be able to come back too. This just further denigrates the show imo. . ..What am I saying this show is total manipulated nonsense .
    I wonder if the last minute twist is that we'll be led to believe that she picks Ed and she doesn't in the end. I'm somewhat doubtful that she picks anybody. Perhaps Ed was her true love, but she realized it wouldn't work with him and nobody else would suffice, yadda yadda. It wouldn't be fair to pick anyone that she didn't care for as much would be the spin.
    I don't know who if anyone she'll pick - but it seems too obvious with Jillian putting Ed's picture over on the side, Ed's asking to hold onto the rose - and then for those of us who have figured out that Ed returns and is seen in Seville - then we are all thinking oh it's Ed as the F1. Does Fleiss give it to us that easily - he likes to have the surprise ending - and Jillian has hinted that something happens in the last 5 minutes ??? I can see the dilemma - she should be understanding of problems that come up in his job. But you'd like to see her chosen one be with her til the end - through the ups and the downs. She didn't seem to understand last night - she wondered why he hadn't settled these work issues before he came on - or thought about them coming up before he came on the show. She apparently was very upset - your chosen one shouldn't be making you upset. She tells him that she hopes when he finds his chosen one that he will pick her over work. He does not make much eye contact throughout this discussion. Yes, she has a weepy voice and is tearing up - but we have seen how these producers can make any and everyone cry at some point. Plus, why is she giggling right before he starts his talk ?? It's like they have planned this scene - "now let's get sad ..." I think it amy be that she is thrilled when he comes back - so thrilled to see him - but in the end maybe realizes that she will always be second to his work situation. maybe she is ok with that - I don't know....

FORT Newbie

I think that he left because of what he said. I also think that there is more to the story. He works for Microsoft and also owns his own company. We don't know what company he was talking about. We also have to remember that Jillian is here to find love and if she thinks that he is on the top of her list and there is a chance to bring him back she is going to take it. I would! The producers would rather have her pick someone in the end. It is obvious that they both really like each other. Also the whole body language thing...Look Ed has said that he doesn't open up easily and it also has been said before that sometimes they have to shoot things several times. I think that they had a conversation and then had to get it on camera which really irritated Ed. He knew that they had to do it but at the same time you saw how he reacted to the guys...he was getting irritated with them and then apologized because he was so stressed out. He is frustrated and then he had to re-shoot his conversation with her. I would be irritated as well and it wouldn't have looked like the real thing. Leaving and coming back to me says that he went home to take care of business. He was being responsible and taking care of business. How do you expect to take care of a wife if you can't keep a job? I respect him more for going to fix the problem. I think that is when he realizes that she is the one and he will go back to fight for her. I am glad that they allow it because if they didn't, who knows, it could have ended up like Jason and Molly...She could have picked someone and then realizes that she really wanted to be with Ed and calls him or she could have picked no one and then went to find Ed. At least this way you get to see the love story.
    My Faves: Ed F1, Reid F2, Kypton F3

Quote Originally Posted by chopstickchick;3504929;
    RS' new blog is up, saying the whole Ed thing is totally scripted and didn't actually have anything to do with work.

I'll have to go read that. I will say that IF they were going to script something this work excuse would be very topical.