Thread: Ed **Spoilers**

Re: Ed **Spoilers**

So this is a total set up. First of all I thought he owned his own company.
    so either he leaves with producer prompting conveniently keeps the rose and comes back is dramatic/romantic fashion and she picks him, or he was one of the paid guys to come and told to "leave" because of work, even though he owns his own company and I didn't think they could have contact with outside people, and told to come back in dramatic fashion, and he conveniently kept the rose, and was told he would make top two. He totally seemed like he was acting, very badly acting. He didn't seem sad at all. He seemed like he was pretending to be sad. I also thought that Jillian had said that she only knew who she was going to pick the last few days. Ed would have been there awhile before the final rose - Spain/Hawaii. Wouldn't you think that she would so into him that he "returned" for "her" that he would be the final one in her mind way before that final rose? She also said that there would be a surprise/twist ending. I think we were made to think that it would be Ed that she picj=ks, but she surprises us in the last 5 minutes by picking Reid.

I'm kicking myself for not seeing the obvious foreshadowing with Ed's talk about not being able to prioritize work with his romantic life. Now we know why that part of their date conversation was shown. It's obvious that, even if Ed leaving was not producer-instigated, they certainly discussed with him before he left the possibility to come back once his work crisis was over. Whether they told Jill about the plan I don't know, I think not so that they could get honest emotion from her. It's pretty clear he has this in the bag, but I wonder how the unspoiled audience will react to him coming back, positive or negative. His edit was pretty clean on the departure, but not overly sympathetic, I thought.

The whole show just got far less interesting for me. Oh well...

Quote Originally Posted by nutty1;3503298;
    Wow, what to think? I almost believed it all - until Ed asked to hold on to the rose. Then it all seemed fishy tome. My guess - he approached the producers about work. They said leave, do what you have to do & come back. And they probably didn't tell Jillian. It just seems like too much drama (him coming back) for it not to be producer driven!

Now, I like Ed - but I still am not buying it.
    I bought it. The rose may or may not have been Ed's idea but I liked it. This whole thing smacks of real life. My hubby would have done exactly the same thing if he was needed at work and was risking his job. There's no guarantee at this point that she'll pick him so how could he stay? Ed said things were blowing up and was needed.

I think as she said to Chris, that she realized how much she cared about Ed after he left and probably vice versa. I can't wait to see how this plays out. It's quite romantic. It will be interesting to see what my spoiler free co-workers will think.

Quote Originally Posted by 1blue1pink;3503276;
    How can she take him back when he LEFT for work? Jeez!
    I've got no problem with Jillian taking Ed back when he left for work if he has a reasonable explanation and can prove he's trustworthy. If you think about it in the grander scheme of things this is 2 weeks off a reality show. Ed's leaving is only significant in the context of the reality show. Leaving a reality show is not the same thing as breaking up in real life IMO. It's true that Jillian will probably be dating someone at the conclusion of the reality show, but let's face it, only 1 of those relationships has progressed to marriage and the reality is that even if Ed didn't come back on the show, he would probably get his chance again if he was interested enough in real life.

I 100% believe the producers told Ed he could come back which is why they told him to keep the rose. I'd guess they told him he could not tell Jillian that he was just leaving to tend to an emergency and might become available again in a couple weeks. That way there's more drama when he returns!

IMO Ed was really likable tonight and he hasn't been my favorite so far. But his exit conversation with Jillian was stilted, that's too bad. I think it was a combination of him not wanting to be specific about work stuff on TV and also him not being allowed to tell Jillian everything.

IMO the Ed situation is just one where the producers saw an opportunity to grab some buzz with his situation and ran with it. And Ed let them. I do think Ed is accountable for that and he did become a producer pawn. But I also believe his work situation was real and legitimate and his decision making process was tough because he really cares about Jillian. I've got no idea whether Jillian and Ed will work out in real life (and to be honest I don't care) but I don't think what they showed tonight is a bad sign.

Tonight took a lot of the suspense out of the season but I continue to be grudgingly amazed at how the producers can turn these people into their pawns and crank up the buzz and drama.
    Last edited by cfck2222; 06-15-2009 at 11:45 PM.

FORT Newbie

I am not sure if this was set up or real, but I am going with real. Ed is a grown man who needs a job. How would he support Jillian jobless? I think he thinks she is worth it, but let's face it, Ed was there with nine other men. I could see if she could assure him, but shucks, I would not want someone to quit his job for me. An attractive, sexy jobless man does not pay the bills. Let's be realistic...

To love and be loved is.. goldie2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KashatheDiva;3503303;
    I see things very different.
    I can not remember any time that our economy has been in worse shape nor anytime where most of us have had someone in our lives that have lost a job or a home or worse in recent history. Things STINK economically in most of our lives. PERIOD.

There was a definite connection here between the Ed and Jillian or so it seemed.

In a real relationship--a serious relationship, sacrifices have to be made. That is a real test of life and a relationship. Real life isn't easy or nice much of the time.
    Granted it would be nice not to have a test like this happen while first dating, but let's face it--neither Ed or Jillian are babies either--they are professional career people who should both understand business at this point in their lives.
    It's kind of refreshing to be dealt some reality. JMO
    Could not agree more!

Lovin ED!
    Jilly does too ,I think.....or likes him alot
    We will see...

Quote Originally Posted by nutty1;3503298;
    Wow, what to think? I almost believed it all - until Ed asked to hold on to the rose. Then it all seemed fishy tome. My guess - he approached the producers about work. They said leave, do what you have to do & come back. And they probably didn't tell Jillian. It just seems like too much drama (him coming back) for it not to be producer driven!

Now, I like Ed - but I still am not buying it.
    I bought it. The rose may or may not have been Ed's idea but I liked it. This whole thing smacks of real life. My hubby would have done exactly the same thing if he was needed at work and was risking his job. There's no guarantee at this point that she'll pick him so how could he stay? Ed said things were blowing up and was needed.

I think as she said to Chris, that she realized how much she cared about Ed after he left and probably vice versa. I can't wait to see how this plays out. It's quite romantic. It will be interesting to see what my spoiler free co-workers will think.

Quote Originally Posted by KashatheDiva;3503303;

There was a definite connection here between the Ed and Jillian or so it seemed.

Ditto! I saw a definite connection with them as well.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by docintraining;3503318;
    I am not sure if this was set up or real, but I am going with real. Ed is a grown man who needs a job. How would he support Jillian jobless? I think he thinks she is worth it, but let's face it, Ed was there with nine other men. I could see if she could assure him, but shucks, I would not want someone to quit his job for me. An attractive, sexy jobless man does not pay the bills. Let's be realistic...
    Can anyone actually see Jill with a break dance instructer, a bartender or a singing cowboy? I think the story here is she wants a man and a man needs to have a job to feel good about himself. So, in today's world do many women. But men's self respect is really tied up in professional success. And I think she's full of it with her "I gave it up for love'". First, the show was her choice, and second if she really did let her career go to hell in a handbasket for this, then she deserves it.

Quote Originally Posted by cfck2222;3503317;
    I've got no problem with Jillian taking Ed back when he left for work if he has a reasonable explanation and can prove he's trustworthy. If you think about it in the grander scheme of things this is 2 weeks off a reality show. Ed's leaving is only significant in the context of the reality show. Leaving a reality show is not the same thing as breaking up in real life IMO. It's true that Jillian will probably be dating someone at the conclusion of the reality show, but let's face it, only 1 of those relationships has progressed to marriage and the reality is that even if Ed didn't come back on the show, he would probably get his chance again if he was interested enough in real life.

I 100% believe the producers told Ed he could come back which is why they told him to keep the rose. I'd guess they told him he could not tell Jillian that he was just leaving to tend to an emergency and might become available again in a couple weeks. That way there's more drama when he returns!

IMO Ed was really likable tonight and he hasn't been my favorite so far. But his exit conversation with Jillian was stilted, that's too bad. I think it was a combination of him not wanting to be specific about work stuff on TV and also him not being allowed to tell Jillian everything.

IMO the Ed situation is just one where the producers saw an opportunity to grab some buzz with his situation and ran with it. And Ed let them. I do think Ed is accountable for that and he did become a producer pawn. But I also believe his work situation was real and legitimate and his decision making process was tough because he really cares about Jillian. I've got no idea whether Jillian and Ed will work out in real life (and to be honest I don't care) but I don't think what they showed tonight is a bad sign.

Tonight took a lot of the suspense out of the season but I continue to be grudgingly amazed at how the producers can turn these people into their pawns and crank up the buzz and drama.
    We have to remember that this is for the non-chatroom folks as well. Sounds like the makings of a good lovestory when he returns. The one photo we have in the previews that hints that Ed might come back is the one in the fountain in Spain, and even we went round and round about who it was. TPTB must have DIED when the photo of Ed and Jillian in Maui came out in the Canadian magazine, totally blowing it for them.