Thread: Ed **Spoilers**

Re: Ed **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by ryansmommy;3501875;
    I did a pretty extensive search and cannot find any connection between Swiderski and GreenCanyonLLC dated after February 2008. Moreover, I searched cashed GreenCanyonLLC site pages and could not find a single one reference of Swiderski ... perhaps scrubbed?

It could very well be his company, but the company, itself, appears, for the most part, inactive.

The most recent usergroup and business entries (March 2009) have him at Microsoft.
    I found this earlier on. It talks about a presentation he's making and says he's a principal partner of Green Canyon. It's from March 08. I thought I read somewhere that he used to be at Microsoft but have no idea if that's right. JoomlaChicago CMS Group | Hosted by the CMS Association - March Meeting: "Must-Have" Extensions

Can'tstopwatching, loved your observations. I also enjoyed the outtake with Ed in the last episode. I still can't figure out why we didn't get any of Ed & Jillian's alone time when he's leaving tonight. Rotten producers. :nono

Does anyone think that maybe the guys all go to say goodbye to ed. Maybe that's when we see michael cry. I can see him getting emotional if something bad happens to ed or his family. That would explain why Reid is standing there with michael by a car. I'm dying to know!

Quote Originally Posted by Mozart;3502227;
    This is just speculation....but remember on Jason's season that we later learned that the producers, cast, and crew knew early on that Molly was a favorite of Jason's - that Jason was really into Molly. (I don't mean this literally.)
    Well, I think that there was real chemistry between Jillian and Ed from early on, and the same may be true here: insiders on the set knew what was going on between Jillian and Ed.
    My speculation is that the producers wanted to create a little suspense and drama.
    They kind of knew that Ed was going to be F1, so the producers concocted a script that Ed has to leave for some reason.....We won't know that he is coming back until later....Jillian is very upset.
    And they edit Jillian and Ed together to try not to show more preference for Ed than for other favorites.
    If this is so, was Jillian in on it?
    Probably not.
    I don't think that she is that good an actress that she can convincingly react with tears and shock to this news.
    But she was probably told the truth about it later on, before the show had wrapped production.
    This is just speculation on my part.....
    So if this is so, why is so "into" kip? Sort of like the whole Melissa and the hottub w/jason thing? or what?

Quote Originally Posted by Mozart;3502227;
    This is just speculation....but remember on Jason's season that we later learned that the producers, cast, and crew knew early on that Molly was a favorite of Jason's - that Jason was really into Molly. (I don't mean this literally.)
    Well, I think that there was real chemistry between Jillian and Ed from early on, and the same may be true here: insiders on the set knew what was going on between Jillian and Ed.
    My speculation is that the producers wanted to create a little suspense and drama.
    They kind of knew that Ed was going to be F1, so the producers concocted a script that Ed has to leave for some reason.....We won't know that he is coming back until later....Jillian is very upset.
    And they edit Jillian and Ed together to try not to show more preference for Ed than for other favorites.
    If this is so, was Jillian in on it?
    Probably not.
    I don't think that she is that good an actress that she can convincingly react with tears and shock to this news.
    But she was probably told the truth about it later on, before the show had wrapped production.
    This is just speculation on my part.....
    I don't think the producers & crew thought he was into Molly, they said they knew early on that Melissa was the one, and that's why they were so shocked when the switcheroo happened

Quote Originally Posted by chopstickchick;3502319;
    I don't think the producers & crew thought he was into Molly, they said they knew early on that Melissa was the one, and that's why they were so shocked when the switcheroo happened
    TPTB know very early on the prime candidates for the final few and were aware Molly was in the running--thus the overnight tent date. Up until this point in the series there had never been an overnight date until the FDs.
    A dr. asked me: Does anyone in your family suffer from mental illness? My answer: No they all enjoy it immensely.

My thoughts (speculation) If we believe Ed to be truthful and honest (I do) then he came on the show for his mother. Perhaps, for awhile now, she's been telling him it's time for him to meet a girl, settle down and has perhaps tried to set him up with this girl or that girl. So when she tells him he should come on the show to meet Jillian perhaps his reaction was "If I do this for you, on national television, will you stop trying to set me up?" So, he came on with honesty - he told Jillian he came on because of his mother. Then I think he actually started to fall for her. People have been criticizing the lack of eye contact during their date. For me, that's a sure sign he's falling. I remember before I got married and was first dating I had to keep looking away because when I looked into his eyes I'd forget to speak, heck a few times I forgot to breathe!!!. If, he did indeed come on the show to appease his mother never thinking anything would come of it, it probably scared the crap out of him and he didn't know what to do. Didn't think there was one chance in a million he would care for Jillian so it wasn't going to bother him seeing her with other guys but now............. Just my thoughts.
    "It's just a show" - let's try not to trash people - tptb do that very well all on their own they don't need our help!

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3502083;
    I'll take the bait: External events required his temporary absence. Production had to react to those events, did not design them. His absence will be explained / understood by the casual viewer by what is aired, in such a way that people with open minds will accept him "back" as a contestant later on, rather than reject him as a viable suitor out of hand because of the absence. (And conversely, it will be presented in a way that he is not viewed as the "automatic" F1, merely because he is "allowed" to return.)

Then, production has to jiggle with the rest of the season planning to allow him to rejoin filming midway, including the need to involve his parents in the process as appropriate so that there is symmetry among the final contestants.
    Is this pure speculation, or based on some other info?
    Saving one dog does not change the world, but it does change the world of that one dog.

Quote Originally Posted by nicolep823;3501874;
    When did this happen? I seemed to have missed it.

Anyways, regarding all the Ed drama...Hopefully things will be better cleared up tonight. Phyllie posted upthread that she really liked the "TV Version" of Ed and I completely agree with that.

I think that almost any person will have people who like them and people who dislike them in their real lives, hence the conflicting reports of his personality. Also, I believe all reports on the Internet, whether positive or negative, should be taken with a grain of salt. Anyone with a computer can pretend to be anyone.
    This is true. An Ed fan could be posing as Ed's friend to counteract what was said by Blue Frog, we just don't know.

I also find it totally believable that different people who know Ed view him differently, based on their own observations, inside knowledge, connections, biases, etc. Quick example: I am close friends with an ex, however I am his only ex-girlfriend who remains his friend. In a recent online survey one of his exes said the biggest regret of her life was dating him (and they broke up in the '90s, so this wasn't a fresh wound). If you got all of us in a discussion thread dedicated to him, WOO BOY, I bet that'd be really interesting.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by just logic;3502373;
    My thoughts (speculation) If we believe Ed to be truthful and honest (I do) then he came on the show for his mother.
    I agree that he seems to put it out there.. on his one and one date he said he just wanted to know if he was going to get the rose. I hope we get to see the reason that he leaves out of his own mouth.

About the eye contact thing, I agree it doesn't mean much in regards to how much someone cares. I am one of those hard to make contact. I do think it's kind of funny how Ed always looks straight ahead when the guys are talking about each other. Maybe he just doesn't care for confrontation. Sorry but I find it all very cute and endearing, not offensive, but maybe that's just me.

I appologize if this has already been discussed but there are so many pages each day who knows.....On Ed's 1 on 1 hotel zip date near the end on the roof top there is a voice over by Jillian (*no screen cap of her) saying "I don't know if Ed is the one I will marry but I have a major crush on him now." Does anyone else think this statement is a clue that could have been made around the time of the final rose ceremony instead of at that time?????