Page 15 of 325 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242565115 ... LastLast

Thread: Ed **Spoilers**

Re: Ed **Spoilers**

I think it is possible - especially in light of what we have seen from Fleiss and his crew - that the whole Ed thing of hating the guys - having to leave etc - was all scripted. Then he comes back -creating a lot of drama with the remaining guys. Fleiss has figured out that there has to be some sort of twist or surprise to get away from the routine love story. We're never going to see it - would take away the mystery - so we have to be challenged with the little tricks. If Ed was paid to return - then he is not going to be upset at being dropped in the end. I personally don't think the picture in the Canadian magazine was a surprise - it's all done to create a buzz.

Small thing but it grates - Ed in his PI says "her and I" - something like would get along well....

Then Jillian in her interview says "him and I" ...

Maybe they would be very well matched !

Jillian is not a star what so ever, so why would a guy that just happens to be in the area, take a photo of her and why would he sell it only to a Canadian Magazine. I am sure there was lots more money in it being sold to an American one. Paparrazzi are all about the dollar and getting the most for their money.

Is it possible that Fleiss authorized it to bring in more Canadian viewers and this just after her friend picks Ed as the ones she likes. Hmmmmmmmmmm...
    Weird........

Small thing but it grates - Ed in his PI says "her and I" - something like would get along well....

I noticed the same thing. It bugs me too but maybe they don't mind. Still like them both.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerese;3476440;
    I think it is possible - especially in light of what we have seen from Fleiss and his crew - that the whole Ed thing of hating the guys - having to leave etc - was all scripted. Then he comes back -creating a lot of drama with the remaining guys. Fleiss has figured out that there has to be some sort of twist or surprise to get away from the routine love story. We're never going to see it - would take away the mystery - so we have to be challenged with the little tricks. If Ed was paid to return - then he is not going to be upset at being dropped in the end. I personally don't think the picture in the Canadian magazine was a surprise - it's all done to create a buzz.

This scenario could be true, but even if it's nothing quite so sinister, it will still be a big surprise and very confusing for anyone who has seen the photo and thinks they know the outcome when Ed leaves or is cut sometime before the HTDs. So I think Fleiss probably considers this "leak" a win.

And I confess to thinking the same thing when I heard both Ed and Jill exhibit matching poor grammar. I guess "him and her" are perfect together.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by peacemar33;3476424;
    When Jillian was doing the interview where she teases Ed about not being eager to go down the building (can't think of the word) but she was not scared.

If Ed was not F1 and was hurting from being elminated, would she do that.
    That in itself makes me think he could be the F1.
    OR...she could be commenting only on the the first several episodes plus epi three which has shown the building rappel on tv...kind of giving us "just in time commentary" so to speak. Has she commented on anything we haven't been given in SC from future episodes?

Quote Originally Posted by peacemar33;3476461;
    Jillian is not a star what so ever, so why would a guy that just happens to be in the area, take a photo of her and why would he sell it only to a Canadian Magazine. I am sure there was lots more money in it being sold to an American one. Paparrazzi are all about the dollar and getting the most for their money.

Is it possible that Fleiss authorized it to bring in more Canadian viewers and this just after her friend picks Ed as the ones she likes. Hmmmmmmmmmm...
    Weird........
    My hypothesis -- based upon some modest digging -- is that the guy is a free lancer friendly with the charter service.

The show has multiple still photogs who are hired specifically for particular episodes or venues, though occasionally they pick up local talent as well. It's possible it is authorized.

But I'm not sure why it matters. All that matters is that Ed made it to Maui, and that's the day the shot was snapped.

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3476503;
    My hypothesis -- based upon some modest digging -- is that the guy is a free lancer friendly with the charter service.

The show has multiple still photogs who are hired specifically for particular episodes or venues, though occasionally they pick up local talent as well. It's possible it is authorized.

But I'm not sure why it matters. All that matters is that Ed made it to Maui, and that's the day the shot was snapped.
    What dates were they in Maui?

Quote:
    And I confess to thinking the same thing when I heard both Ed and Jill exhibit matching poor grammar. I guess "him and her" are perfect together.

Speaking of gramar, did you notice Wes on his dinner date with Jillian? Not the best grammar either!

FORT Fanatic

There HAS been quite a bit of Ed in the PR interviews this week. I also saw the BT Vancouver video in which the friend quickly picks Ed as her "best match". Jillian stumbled on what type of car Sasha drove, but carefully detailed her skyscraper date as if we are to "take notice" of its importance. Ed may still be the Final 1, but he's seams a bit overexposed right now.

I really hope 3 make it to Hawaii, as some are guessing. That gives Reid a chance and makes the finale more fun and unpredictable. (An Ed/Kip finish is too easy for us to guess. Although it would be funny if she does pick Kip, despite the "trademark F2 dumpee" edit!) Of course, if Reid is "axed" in Spain, he'll definitely get a standing ovation on the "Men Tell Nothing" show, just as Jillian (also #3) did last season.

This week should prove quite interesting. If the magazine picture receives attention in the news, I may start thinking it is just a "red herring" to distract the sleuthers.

It is interesting that both Ed and Reid appear (editing wise) to have similar shy/easy-going-but-hard-working personalities that separates them from the other Jocks. See if she asks Ed for his zodiac sign...

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Benny Fan;3476515;
    There HAS been quite a bit of Ed in the PR interviews this week. I also saw the BT Vancouver video in which the friend quickly picks Ed as her "best match". Jillian stumbled on what type of car Sasha drove, but carefully detailed her skyscraper date as if we are to "take notice" of its importance. Ed may still be the Final 1, but he's seams a bit overexposed right now.

I really hope 3 make it to Hawaii, as some are guessing. That gives Reid a chance and makes the finale more fun and unpredictable. (An Ed/Kip finish is too easy for us to guess. Although it would be funny if she does pick Kip, despite the "trademark F2 dumpee" edit!) Of course, if Reid is "axed" in Spain, he'll definitely get a standing ovation on the "Men Tell Nothing" show, just as Jillian (also #3) did last season.

This week should prove quite interesting. If the magazine picture receives attention in the news, I may start thinking it is just a "red herring" to distract the sleuthers.

It is interesting that both Ed and Reid appear (editing wise) to have similar shy/easy-going-but-hard-working personalities that separates them from the other Jocks. See if she asks Ed for his zodiac sign...
    LOL I doubt that they care about the sluethers.
    Roberto: "Ali wakes me up in the middle of the night to tell me she's dreaming about puppies... The smile on her face was priceless."