Thread: Ed **Spoilers**

Re: Ed **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Frog;3499043;
    I hate to burst all of the "Ed" lovers' bubbles, but Ed IS the one that goes home and ends up coming back. I live in Chicago, saw him running around in April with a COUPLE of different girls and know that he was just playing with Jillian's head to get exposure. He's let this whole "Bachelorette" thing go to his head. He seriously believes that he's a celebrity. He was 100% one of the guys that had a girlfriend(s), yet he was the first one to raise his hand and say he didn't. What a creep!!!!!!
    Ed's a player, frat boy coming in to the show. I posted all those links about his SAE nickname (Hogballs, lovely), his Amazon wish list (drinking games), etc.. for a reason. That's who he was. When he went home after Vancouver -- for whatever reason -- he'd had one date with Jillian, and about 30 mins of non-private conversations with her 1:1, and other than that hung out with a bunch of guys. Hardly the basis for "commitment" to her post-exit, right?

Whatever events caused him to end up in Spain and Hawaii either brought him to a different place in terms of maturity/depth of interest in Jillian, or not.

That's what we will get to see unfold in episode 8-9-10. Suspense, if nothing else.

Did the Tiger Change His Stripes? Usually not, and in fact NEVER on this show, LOL! BUT, there is a bit of a plot line there for me to follow. Was there anything about her that grabbed his interest in a way no one else had before.

Because, I can tell you this. 90%, actually 99% of those devilish Fratty SAE's DO settle down, do move to the suburbs, and MANY of them are great Dad's, successful workers, family values etc., notwithstanding the many incriminating images of their Early Days.

Did Ed grow up? I doubt it. But will be fun to watch.

And whether he was running around with other girls during the week or two he was away from filming is vaguely interesting but does not shock my conscience, at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3499080;
    If Ed's in on it, that means it was producer generated. As he had the helicopter and eat on the top of the rooftop date which is invariably an F2 or F3 date very early on, then that tells me, Jillian was in on it as well at least to the point that she indicated that Ed was not going to be F1 ( or he would not have received an F2 date).
    We talked about this previously, and this is an F2 or F3 date in the editing.
    Could be a change but looks like things are adding up especially if he doesn't get a hometown date.

Suspicious to me...maybe Ed, producers, and Jillian (to a point) were all in on it.

ETA: I try to not pick a "favorite" so that I can best sleuthe out who the F1 is.
    Why is that a "F2 date"? You can't compare the exact dates with previous finalists placing because at the time they get the date it's not known how far they'll go. It's all about the editing of the date and not the date itself imo. This date kind of reminded me of Ian's date at Chinatown. Both Ian and Ed expressed doubts of being able to open up and with the process of being on the show.

I'm not willing to believe a poster who comes in at the last minute saying bad things about Ed. I'd feel the same way if it were someone talking about Reid or Kiptyn and have actually read some. Not only do we not really know the guys on the show, we don't know the people who choose to post here.
    Last edited by albean99; 06-13-2009 at 12:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3499080;
    If Ed's in on it, that means it was producer generated. As he had the helicopter and eat on the top of the rooftop date which is invariably an F2 or F3 date very early on, then that tells me, Jillian was in on it as well at least to the point that she indicated that Ed was not going to be F1 ( or he would not have received an F2 date).
    We talked about this previously, and this is an F2 or F3 date in the editing.
    Could be a change but looks like things are adding up especially if he doesn't get a hometown date.

Suspicious to me...maybe Ed, producers, and Jillian (to a point) were all in on it.
    I find it interesting that last week on the ABC News' web page they were running a series of stories about reality stars that commit suicide. If Ed turns out to be f2 or f3, I can see him possibly being payed to act the part. I would imagine it could be pretty humiliating to get that far and let go in front of millions unless you knew you wouldn't be f1 and didn't care.
    Team Never Picks A Winner (except Tessa)

Quote Originally Posted by valley54;3499100;
    I find it interesting that last week on the ABC News' web page they were running a series of stories about reality stars that commit suicide. If Ed turns out to be f2 or f3, I can see him possibly being payed to act the part. I would imagine it could be pretty humiliating to get that far and let go in front of millions unless you knew you wouldn't be f1 and didn't care.
    what?

Ed being a frat boy at college doesn't mean he's a player now. He does like to have fun and go out to bars but he obviously can curtail it since he also works very hard. I know we all have opinions about all the guys and won't like everyone but it's about who Jillian feels is right for her. I don't know if it's Ed but haven't seen anything to think he's not sincere about why he's there and think the idea that he's being paid to come back is completely far fetched.

I like Ed - I like all the supposed F3. But I think we will really have to face the possibility that if Ed leaves, and the reason is because he can't handle the other guys, the pressure, etc, that it is a producer setup. If some tragedy really happened, that is different. But to just quit like that? And then come back? Totally unbelievable to me.
    Saving one dog does not change the world, but it does change the world of that one dog.

I know when a new poster comes on board, we have every right to question the credibility of his/her posts. However, this is at least second poster that's quite negative about Ed. I am sure Ed's a great guy; however, none of people who knows Kip/Reid in real life comes on board and bash them. Why? What's going on?

Hey All! I'm (re)new here -- was a regular here a few years ago, but have only popped in to lurk occasionally for superb spoiling in the years since. The sleuths here always were, and remain, The Best!

I'm a little confused and not quite sure where to ask my (possibly bonehead) questions, but I'll put them here since they're related to how Ed's possible departure & return affects things. Based on ABC press releases about upcoming eps. and what I've gleaned from reading around here, the remaining eps. go like this (I think?):

Ep. 5 Whistler -- 10 guys present at the beginning of the ep. (b/c we know there are 10 guys still in the hunt after the most recent RC)

Ep. 6 Railroading thru Canada -- 8 guys present at the beginning of the ep. (based on ABC press release)

Ep. 7 Hometowns -- 5 guys present at the beginning of the ep. (based on ABC press release)

Ep. 8 Spain -- 4 guys have Spain dates. (based on SCs)

That's as far as I need to go, I think(?). If Ed leaves during ep. 5, does that mean only one guy goes roseless for that ep.? I guess I'm trying to figure how many guys go roseless each episode, who leaves (forevah) when, and when Ed reappears. I tried to figure it out from that Master List thingy, but I don't get it. It could go a number of ways and I'm wondering if y'all have figured out which way it does go.

a) If Ed leaves in ep. 5, then does only 1 other guy leave before ep. 6 (since ABC says 8 guys go Railroading)??? Who?

b) Then, for ep. 6, Jillian starts with 8, and 5 are bound for HTDs at the end of the ep. Does that mean 3 guys go home, and 1-Reid, 2-Kiptyn, 3-Wes, 4-Jesse, and 5-Someone-Else-Who-Is-NOT-Ed go on HTDs? That would mean 2 guys go roseless that ep. (Wes and ???) and Ed comes back in Spain. Or....

c) Does it mean that in ep. 6, which supposedly begins with 8 guys, 4 guys ultimately go roseless, and Ed comes back to be the 5th HTD?

Sorry if my outline of potential events is confusing, but don't blame me! Figuring out who else leaves when IS confusing if Ed leaves and returns, which isn't my fault (and apparently nobody else's according to CH and Jills).

Oh, and BTW. Ed leaving and returning wouldn't be unprecedented. Meredith left briefly during Bob's season when her grandmother(?) died, didn't she? And on her HTD with Bob, they even visited the grandmother's grave, IIRC.
    "A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." -Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by SDMOM;3499134;
    I know when a new poster comes on board, we have every right to question the credibility of his/her posts. However, this is at least second poster that's quite negative about Ed. I am sure Ed's a great guy; however, none of people who knows Kip/Reid in real life comes on board and bash them. Why? What's going on?
    there have been at least 3 or 4 posters confirming he was in fact home, and at least a couple here, plus a couple on other boards, saying negative things. But who knows, we don't know anything about these "first time" posters

Quote Originally Posted by SDMOM;3499134;
    Not exactly true. I've read 2 different posts either here or at JU that neither are as being portrayed. I don't know if any of them are true or not however it's easy to apply to join a board so it's very possible that someone does who has an ulterior motive. I don't have a problem with any of the supposed f3 and I don't feel like any of them are threatening my favorite because it's not about who I like.

If/when Ed leaves, we'll actually know the reason or at least what they want to show us so then we can decide if it's good enough or not but again not our decision.