Thread: Ed **Spoilers**

Re: Ed **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by loveski;3498617;
    Nobody's disbelieving you anymore that he was home in April for some time - at least nobody has been on this page. I think we're just wondering if him being home for a HTD is plausible. I don't really see the harm in asking that, especially with a season driven by speculating and discussing alternative scenarios.
    I am pretty sure they are sequestered in hotels during HTDs and not allowed interaction with (and possible influence by) family. I don't even think Jason was allowed to see his son, because they want the big emotion of the reunion with family on camera. So unless Ed made some special arrangements with producers, I doubt his appearance in Chicago mid April was during his HTD.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nicolep823;3498630;
    I'm still believing that his "I can't stand these guys" is out of context and will come up later in regards to "these guys" competing with him for Jillian. That's just my hunch though.
    Rule of thumb has always been-- unless you see it coming out of their mouth at the exact moment they're speaking it, DO NOT take a quote to be true. ANYTHING can be spliced and diced; anything can be inserted into scene when it was actually from another one.

Example-- cameras are rolling as Ed comes downstairs after waking up. He passed out early from drinking and has no idea what the guys did after he laid down. He walks into the kitchen and sees chips, empty bottles, etc., etc. lying around. He says "I can't stand these guys, they made such a mess and didn't clean it up!"

The producers then take the "I can't stand these guys" and use it for something else. It's really as simple as that!

Okay, T-minus 2 days until we see Ed leave (I for one believe he was home)... the question is WHY!!!!
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Isn't it still remotely possible that even if Ed was in fact home in mid-April, the editing could make it look like he never left? I know that would be difficult with the rose ceremonies, but just a thought.

Ed leaves all by himself during episode 5 and doesn't return until episode 8. Unless TPTB arrange a hometown date (the 5th) out of the venue of the lead choosing four at the end of episode 6, the viewing public won't get to see him again until he surfaces in Seville, Spain.

All conjecture until revealed lies with the WHY not the what.
    Last edited by The Mod Team; 06-13-2009 at 03:48 PM.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

While it is possible that the producers let Ed (and maybe the other guys) go home while waiting for their htd's, the timing doesn't fit the dates for Ed sightings. I do think there's a better than good chance that Ed does get a htd either at home or in California.

Quote Originally Posted by albean99;3498908;
    While it is possible that the producers let Ed (and maybe the other guys) go home while waiting for their htd's, the timing doesn't fit the dates for Ed sightings. I do think there's a better than good chance that Ed does get a htd either at home or in California.

What is the norm for HTD anyway? Are they allowed to go out in public while waiting for Jill to show up? Wouldn't that cause issues with keeping everything under wraps? It just seems like at that point for Ed this experience was over and he went home and got back to his normal life. He would not be returning. Something happens to bring him back, whether it be Jill asking tptb for him to come back or Ed asking to come back. JMO

Quote Originally Posted by luv2watch;3498968;
    What is the norm for HTD anyway? Are they allowed to go out in public while waiting for Jill to show up? Wouldn't that cause issues with keeping everything under wraps? It just seems like at that point for Ed this experience was over and he went home and got back to his normal life. He would not be returning. Something happens to bring him back, whether it be Jill asking tptb for him to come back or Ed asking to come back. JMO
    I believe they keep them in hotels but this seems like an exceptionally long gap between RC's so you never know. It would make more sense to let them all go home because if they all do then it wouldn't matter if there's leaks and they'll be there taping anyway or at least at their parent's house.

I'm not saying that's what happens because as I said the timing doesn't fit because they're filming epi 6 between when he's seen and when he leaves.

Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook;3498612;
    Just a question---all things being equal, which seems more likely?

a)several people in the chicago metro area shared the same visual and auditory hallucinations during mid and late april, and it was just some sort of mass-delusion that caused them all to converse with Ed, text with Ed, see him jogging, attempt to schedule times to get together with him, hang out with him at bars, tease him about his escapades on the Bachelorette, etc.

or

b) Ed was home in mid and late April and actual talked to/hung out with friends during this time

???????????????

I'm gonna have to go with "b" on this one.
    Ummmm, you mean A doesn't make more sense??!!

Seriously, Ed leaving and returning - doesn't that sound like it has producer induced written all over it?!
    Saving one dog does not change the world, but it does change the world of that one dog.

FORT Regular

I hate to burst all of the "Ed" lovers' bubbles, but Ed IS the one that goes home and ends up coming back. I live in Chicago, saw him running around in April with a COUPLE of different girls and know that he was just playing with Jillian's head to get exposure. He's let this whole "Bachelorette" thing go to his head. He seriously believes that he's a celebrity. He was 100% one of the guys that had a girlfriend(s), yet he was the first one to raise his hand and say he didn't. What a creep!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Frog;3499043 View Post
    I hate to burst all of the "Ed" lovers' bubbles, but Ed IS the one that goes home and ends up coming back. I live in Chicago, saw him running around in April with a COUPLE of different girls and know that he was just playing with Jillian's head to get exposure. He's let this whole "Bachelorette" thing go to his head. He seriously believes that he's a celebrity. He was 100% one of the guys that had a girlfriend(s), yet he was the first one to raise his hand and say he didn't. What a creep!!!!!!
    What exposure does he need? What is he hoping to do with his newfound celebrity?