Page 101 of 325 FirstFirst ... 51919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 3250

Thread: Ed **Spoilers**

Re: Ed **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Cerese;3497112;
    But I think if the "show" or the developing relationship is behind the cameras, then it is not working for this show. The whole idea is that we see the show. We may not get to see the parts we want to but I think Ed being gone for probably two episodes is a problem for him to be F1. I think it more likely that Ed is full of passion but unable to commit and in the meantime while Ed is away, Jillian has developed more of a relationship with Kip and Reid. Maybe they are ready to commit. Then there is a problem. Take the guy who has been with you all along throughout this process and is ready to commit (even if you are not ready or want to be cautious and delay an engagement) - or take the guy who had to leave for whatever reason - but is not ready to commit even after being away and missing you so so much !

or the guy who had to leave because he had no choice, but really wanted to stay and was very ready to commit, would we take him back?

its hard to say, i need to see as everyone else on here, needs to see more screen time with Reid so we have something to compare it to.

We don't know for sure that Ed misses the htd's and the time involved isn't that much because the guys will only see Jillian on their own date that week anyway. We also don't have any clue if Kip or Reid is any more ready to commit than Ed. Personally I don't like proposals on the show because it's just not realistic after such a short time together. If Ed leaves and comes back maybe it will be because Jillian has strong feelings for him and doesn't want to miss out if he's the guy for her. I'm sure that's how it will play so nobody will be sure if he's f1 or not. Fans of Kip and Reid may be put out but this is Jillian's life and it's better for them if she's not thinking about the one who got away. She still may end up picking one of them but if that happens it's what's in her heart. I still see Ed as the f1 but more because of the Spain video and the Hawaii photo because it's too early to go with the edit alone.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook;3496944;

I'm not sure I understand why everyone is so willing to make excuses for why Ed is leaving. Hasn't the past attitude always been "suck it up, cupcake!"??? If Ed is into Jillian at all then he should be fighting tooth and nail to stay, regardless of how much or whether or not he hates the guys, is "uncomfortable", or "jealous". (And personally I doubt he hates the guys, those outtakes all show that he's right in the midst of all the goofiness.) If he has a work emergency or a personal emergency I would imagine they would tell him he has a choice of leaving or staying, just like everyone else has always been told when "real life" popped up for them. No one has ever been allowed to go home for a few weeks in the middle of filming, yet ED DOES. I don't care what the reason winds up being---that's just nuts.
    And then the crux becomes that he is able to return because Jillian wants him to!! I'm not sold either way on why he goes home; I'm happy waiting 'til Monday to get the official answer. However, I believe the reason he returns is because Jillian wants him there.

TPTB go for ratings, pure and simple-- so something that's never been done before is a guy going home, realizing the mistake he made, and coming back. Just because it hasn't been done before doesn't mean it can't happen. Remember when Deanna sent home 2 guys on her 2:1 date?? There were those of us who were told that couldn't happen... yet it did.

Never say never! Things have definitely been changed up these last few seasons, from where people stand (remember Amanda standing on the outside when she was cut instead of in the middle!) to more than 1 person being cut on a date. There's no set formula anymore...
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerl;3496817;
    After reading another thread about why Ed may have left, returned, about how he is not showing excitement or much personality I have ideas that are positive about what we have seen with Ed. If you think about the 1-1 date they had, the PIs from both about heli ride, affectionate, sitting close and happy to be together, arm in arm the, the pool convo and PIs, the dinner date and showing Jill asking ? about what his life is like, and we get his answers, serious ones and funny ones. She seems genuinely wanting to let him know she wants to have a family life and he seems receptive and open to what she says. So far this is the only date in which I remember Jill being so specific with a guy.
    Think about how she sighs in pool and acts like they are already a couple hugging, hanging on to each other and kissing. If this date were later on in the season, I do think more might see that there is chemistry between them. IMO, Jill tells us that she is feeling like Ed is in the running and that says a lot because they both say they can have a natural conversation with each other, not pretending to be interested!
    You bring up good points - and he did get the important 1 on 1 date early on. It just seemed to me that she was leading the whole scenario and that Ed was a willing participant (same as for Kip). I didn't see Ed as a challenge to her. In her conversations with Reid, not only is there a playful at ease kidding between them but I feel she is really listening to what he is saying and he is willing to speak up to her. He tells her that he thought he would be getting a rose in the 2nd episode. She wants to know what he knows about Capricorn and Taurus, she wants to know how he feels about the curling situation, she wants to know about the situation in the house with all the guys. I don't know - I guess it's just the feeling I get when listening to their conversations - that their is curiosity on her part about what he will say next - and that he is easy going, realizes the dating set up he involved in -- but he is not a pushover.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle;3497008;
    Thank you. He's been given a privilege that no one else had ever had. I remember when Jeremy in Deanna's season wasn't even given the curtesy of informing him whether he pass his bar exam or not, yet Ed gets to bail out for whatever reason, even gets to hang out in the bar with his friends, then returns and Jillian welcomes him with open arms and scre* the other guys who stuck it out and put their lives on hold for her. Is this the unconditional love she's looking for in a man?
    That was Deanna's call b/c she knew and she didn't tell him.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by madz;3497017;
    Alright, given that Ed didn't come back after he left, one can not be sure that those remaining bachs who stuck it out for her will be chosen by Jilly. For all we know, she probably chooses no one if that one person meant for her left the show. Heck! If I'm Jill, I won't choose one if my heart is taken along with him when he left. This is not a loyalty competition that the one who stood by the most will be generously rewarded for simply sticking out with her. There must be a CONNECTION and that was what Jilly had been stressing in amost all of her interviews. I may be leaning towards Ed from what I watched so far but I do not preclude Reid or even Kip because those "premium" 3 have amazing credentials and each is as deserving for Jill's heart.
    And especially after the comfort level we have seen with Reid - that means nothing ? We have to see that resolved one way or the other. I don't expect her to pick Kip or Reid if her feelings are with Ed - but I have to get a little more understanding about what is happening between Reid and Jillian. With Kip, I understand why she might not be a match - but Reid - I have questions !

Quote Originally Posted by madz;3497017;
    Alright, given that Ed didn't come back after he left, one can not be sure that those remaining bachs who stuck it out for her will be chosen by Jilly. For all we know, she probably chooses no one if that one person meant for her left the show. Heck! If I'm Jill, I won't choose one if my heart is taken along with him when he left. This is not a loyalty competition that the one who stood by the most will be generously rewarded for simply sticking out with her. There must be a CONNECTION and that was what Jilly had been stressing in amost all of her interviews. I may be leaning towards Ed from what I watched so far but I do not preclude Reid or even Kip because those "premium" 3 have amazing credentials and each is as deserving for Jill's heart.
    You took the words right out of my mouth.

Regarding the first bold-- and then we have a Deanna and Jesse situation on our hands again since she was going to choose Graham in the end but he left...

Regarding the second-- all 3 guys seem like great guys and she'll be lucky to have any of them (and them her!)

Quote Originally Posted by albean99;3497119;
    We don't know for sure that Ed misses the htd's and the time involved isn't that much because the guys will only see Jillian on their own date that week anyway. We also don't have any clue if Kip or Reid is any more ready to commit than Ed. Personally I don't like proposals on the show because it's just not realistic after such a short time together. If Ed leaves and comes back maybe it will be because Jillian has strong feelings for him and doesn't want to miss out if he's the guy for her. I'm sure that's how it will play so nobody will be sure if he's f1 or not. Fans of Kip and Reid may be put out but this is Jillian's life and it's better for them if she's not thinking about the one who got away. She still may end up picking one of them but if that happens it's what's in her heart. I still see Ed as the f1 but more because of the Spain video and the Hawaii photo because it's too early to go with the edit alone.
    Your post reminded me of something-- perhaps this is why they showed Jillian in the previews saying that she wasn't going to make the same mistake Jason made. At first, everyone thought it was just a dig at Jason but perhaps she found herself in a similar situation and didn't want to live with a 'what if' hanging over her head...so she made sure Ed came back. [Which, I guess, would mean that his reason for leaving is not gf related but I'll wait to see Mon.]

In the end, it's her life and my only hope is that she's happy.
    Last edited by cantstopwatchin; 06-12-2009 at 09:48 AM. Reason: Didn't want to double post

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;3497116;
    or the guy who had to leave because he had no choice, but really wanted to stay and was very ready to commit, would we take him back?

its hard to say, i need to see as everyone else on here, needs to see more screen time with Reid so we have something to compare it to.
    The bold lines--> That is what I am waiting for. We are still in the midst of the entirety of the show and many things could happen. I would like to cite for instance the Jake and Jilly tandem. I'd seen their chemistry on their one 0n one but only couple of weeks after, there's a 360 degrees spin on their relationship. Jake became too perfect for Jilly's taste. Likewise, I may not see the Reid-Jilly chemistry now but who knows what will happen on the weeks to come.
    With regards to to your first paragraph about should Jilly take him back if Ed was left with no other options but to leave. Why not? right? if Jill is satisfied with his reasons and her heart longs for him, then why should she hinder herself and make herself miserable. After all, it's her happiness at stake and not US, the viewers.

My thoughts on the gf. I don't think he has a girlfriend - don't see why he'd come on the show if he did. I do think that there is, perhaps, a girl in Chicago who thinks she's his girlfriend. Guys and girls often view where they are at completely differently. If Ed had dated a girl 2-3 times before coming on the show he may not think it's anything at all (not important enough for him to even tell her he was leaving Chicago and why) whereas, in her mind, if they've dated 2-3 times then 'they're dating'. She tells her girlfriends what a rat he is and someone comes here to say he's a jerk.
    "It's just a show" - let's try not to trash people - tptb do that very well all on their own they don't need our help!

Jillian has said in interviews that she is confident none of the guys have girlfriends...this is NOT why Ed leaves.

There are a million reasons he might leave but I don't think it is b/c he can't take the pressure of all the guys - in fact his outtake last week shows that he is fine with the process - he said he trusts her so it seems like that would be a pretty huge departure from what we have seen about him. I think that something must have happened with work. And I think they told him if you leave - you can't come back but he had no choice. But once he was gone Jillian was miserable so they brought him back.