Thread: Ed **Spoilers**

Re: Ed **Spoilers**

Alright, given that Ed didn't come back after he left, one can not be sure that those remaining bachs who stuck it out for her will be chosen by Jilly. For all we know, she probably chooses no one if that one person meant for her left the show. Heck! If I'm Jill, I won't choose one if my heart is taken along with him when he left. This is not a loyalty competition that the one who stood by the most will be generously rewarded for simply sticking out with her. There must be a CONNECTION and that was what Jilly had been stressing in amost all of her interviews. I may be leaning towards Ed from what I watched so far but I do not preclude Reid or even Kip because those "premium" 3 have amazing credentials and each is as deserving for Jill's heart.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle;3497008;
    Thank you. He's been given a privilege that no one else had ever had. I remember when Jeremy in Deanna's season wasn't even given the curtesy of informing him whether he pass his bar exam or not, yet Ed gets to bail out for whatever reason, even gets to hang out in the bar with his friends, then returns and Jillian welcomes him with open arms and scre* the other guys who stuck it out and put their lives on hold for her. Is this the unconditional love she's looking for in a man?
    I think Ed really went home and I think it was for good. The reason he probably came back is because Jillian wants him back. Maybe the TPTB gave in to Jillian as it's either Ed or no one at all. JMHO

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook;3496944;

I'm not sure I understand why everyone is so willing to make excuses for why Ed is leaving. Hasn't the past attitude always been "suck it up, cupcake!"??? If Ed is into Jillian at all then he should be fighting tooth and nail to stay, regardless of how much or whether or not he hates the guys, is "uncomfortable", or "jealous". (And personally I doubt he hates the guys, those outtakes all show that he's right in the midst of all the goofiness.) If he has a work emergency or a personal emergency I would imagine they would tell him he has a choice of leaving or staying, just like everyone else has always been told when "real life" popped up for them. No one has ever been allowed to go home for a few weeks in the middle of filming, yet ED DOES. I don't care what the reason winds up being---that's just nuts.

Bingo. This seems to happen every season ... about the time people start picking their favorites, they dig in their heels.

We've got at least two posters who say that Ed leaves, with Windows Live evidence that he was home. Yet some still refuse to believe he left, or believe it had to be for an emergency. Is it possible that he was just uncomfortable with the whole situation? If so, he bailed.

I've also read various posts on different boards before the season even began implying that he was seeing someone when he left for filming and the twitter about getting singles for a gentleman's club. Doesn't have to be true, but it's just a reminder that we don't know these people, their personalities or their motivations.

I like the edited version I see of Ed as much as the next guy, but that's all we see. I like that people fight tooth and nail to stick up for their favorites, but keeping an open mind is cool too.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie;3497076;
    Bingo. This seems to happen every season ... about the time people start picking their favorites, they dig in their heels.

We've got at least two posters who say that Ed leaves, with Windows Live evidence that he was home. Yet some still refuse to believe he left, or believe it had to be for an emergency. Is it possible that he was just uncomfortable with the whole situation? If so, he bailed.

I've also read various posts on different boards before the season even began implying that he was seeing someone when he left for filming and the twitter about getting singles for a gentleman's club. Doesn't have to be true, but it's just a reminder that we don't know these people, their personalities or their motivations.

I like the edited version I see of Ed as much as the next guy, but that's all we see. I like that people fight tooth and nail to stick up for their favorites, but keeping an open mind is cool too.

Here is the way I look at it: The editing has now made this ruckus about the girlfriends. Jillian defends Tanner up one side and down the other. Tanner says he heard guys talking about having girlfriends back home. They film these guys virtually 24/7, so if somebody talked of having a girlfriend, it is on tape.
    If Ed has a girlfriend, and he mentioned it, I want to know it!

Quote Originally Posted by cape;3496784;
    One thing to keep in mind is that we can't be 100% sure about a new poster saying that Ed was in Chicago. We still have no idea if this poster is credible, why Ed left if he did and how he returns.
    Yup, I'm in the same boat, um make that sailboat! I'm just going on gut feelings, and I don't know why. I will eat crow later but for now I agree with you cape.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerl;3496817;
    After reading another thread about why Ed may have left, returned, about how he is not showing excitement or much personality I have ideas that are positive about what we have seen with Ed. If you think about the 1-1 date they had, the PIs from both about heli ride, affectionate, sitting close and happy to be together, arm in arm the, the pool convo and PIs, the dinner date and showing Jill asking ? about what his life is like, and we get his answers, serious ones and funny ones. She seems genuinely wanting to let him know she wants to have a family life and he seems receptive and open to what she says. So far this is the only date in which I remember Jill being so specific with a guy.
    Think about how she sighs in pool and acts like they are already a couple hugging, hanging on to each other and kissing. If this date were later on in the season, I do think more might see that there is chemistry between them. IMO, Jill tells us that she is feeling like Ed is in the running and that says a lot because they both say they can have a natural conversation with each other, not pretending to be interested!
    Great post and ITA! Their date was fantastic. The zipline was completely unrealistic, however their dinner and talk wasn't. It was the most realistic we've seen about real life matters. The electricity between them was palpable; she couldn't remember her thoughts and he said he was nervous. I had a permagrin, watching them. [And as for the sigh, rewatch Trista's season and you'll see she did the same thing when with Ryan!]

And I'm sure it's been mentioned before, but Jillian & Ed had the entire day and night with each other. When they left the date, they would've gone back to the mansion together, with no other guys there. Other than Wes, when he moved in the mansion after the 1st date, Ed is the only guy to have had a night alone with her. Neither Kiptyn nor Reid was given that opportunity...
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by cape;3496701;
    But Fleiss has chosen not to show this...and the question has to be why. He always shows the F1 in some way. If you go back and watch past seasons you realize in hindsight that they narrated the season and it was their story as well.

I just came over to the spoiler threads this week and really had no idea who Reid was...I don't see a connection. To me he is getting a classic F3 edit.
    I can agree but the only thing that's sidetracking me from going with this scenario is the fact that Jillian has mentioned in her interviews....finding "Mr. Invisible". Reid so far is just that...now whether they are playing on this or not is yet to come.

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;3497095;
    Great post and ITA! Their date was fantastic. The zipline was completely unrealistic, however their dinner and talk wasn't. It was the most realistic we've seen about real life matters. The electricity between them was palpable; she couldn't remember her thoughts and he said he was nervous. I had a permagrin, watching them. [And as for the sigh, rewatch Trista's season and you'll see she did the same thing when with Ryan!]

And I'm sure it's been mentioned before, but Jillian & Ed had the entire day and night with each other. When they left the date, they would've gone back to the mansion together, with no other guys there. Other than Wes, when he moved in the mansion after the 1st date, Ed is the only guy to have had a night alone with her. Neither Kiptyn nor Reid was given that opportunity...
    ITA, Cantstopwatching. I noticed the sigh and said the same thing at the time. I'm still not 100% convinced that Ed leaves but if he does and comes back, I can live with it. Nothing in life is black and white so there has to be a reason good enough for him to leave and Jillian to bring him back. It doesn't have to be a satisfactory reason for any of us but for them. I'm also convinced that it doesn't have anything to Ed having a gf. Do you really think that he'd tell Jillian that, leave, and then she'd say that's okay you can come back? I think it will end up to be work related because that fits the edit they've given him.

Quote Originally Posted by snarkattack222;3496810;
    These same reasons that you cited above (no HTD's and the fact that there were not enough time to really get to know their families and each other) are the same reasons why ED will be picked as F1 but there will no proposals/ engagement that will take place. ED's story arc so far is the most compelling and it is so plausible that he will be the F1 but not likely that he will be ready to make a "commitment".
    Still keep in mind & if it's true...Jillian does say who she thought was going to be her pick changed the next week.....we just don't know what week.

Quote Originally Posted by snarkattack222;3496810;
    These same reasons that you cited above (no HTD's and the fact that there were not enough time to really get to know their families and each other) are the same reasons why ED will be picked as F1 but there will no proposals/ engagement that will take place. ED's story arc so far is the most compelling and it is so plausible that he will be the F1 but not likely that he will be ready to make a "commitment".
    But I think if the "show" or the developing relationship is behind the cameras, then it is not working for this show. The whole idea is that we see the show. We may not get to see the parts we want to but I think Ed being gone for probably two episodes is a problem for him to be F1. I think it more likely that Ed is full of passion but unable to commit and in the meantime while Ed is away, Jillian has developed more of a relationship with Kip and Reid. Maybe they are ready to commit. Then there is a problem. Take the guy who has been with you all along throughout this process and is ready to commit (even if you are not ready or want to be cautious and delay an engagement) - or take the guy who had to leave for whatever reason - but is not ready to commit even after being away and missing you so so much !