Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: David **Spoilers**

FORT Newbie

Re: David **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Nanamary;3480265;
    lins524 I am not sure 20 minutes away is nearly far enough away! Maybe you should consider relocating!

Fortunately, he does not live in his hometown anymore. He lives outside of Dayton, which is about 45 minutes away...little better.

Quote Originally Posted by valley54;3478601;
    I think it is possible ABC had a hand in her keeping David, it looked like she kinda winced when she said his name.
    It's possible that ABC had a hand in this. Another consideration - based on the information regarding the edit from the poster in Ohio who knows him - is that Brad was making inappropriate gestures towards Jillian when they returned from the Amazing Race Date and David defended Jillian.

Since Brad was part of the 1st place Amazing Race team, Jillian may not have felt she could let Brad go during that Rose Ceremony since we - the viewers -would not have the back story regarding his behavior. Since David came to her defense during that incident, she saw him in a different light than what we were privy to at home. This bought him - David - another Rose Ceremony since there were two others that she knew she had no interest in at all.

Based on the previews for this week, she does not feel obliged to kiss David, so we have to trust that she either picked up herself that he's not the one for her (practically knocking her over when he looked drunk at the last ceremony could have something to do with that) and/or other people on the set have clued her in that he's a dangerous guy.

There are editing tricks and we don't see the whole story. That said, I hope that David does seek professional help for anger and substance abuse issues after he sees how he has been portrayed.

David was not on the Amazing Race date; he was on the Harlem Globetrotters date--he and Brad would not have been in the same limo.
    Wherever she went, including here, it was against her better judgment. --Dorothy Parker

Quote Originally Posted by BritLit;3487166;
    David was not on the Amazing Race date; he was on the Harlem Globetrotters date--he and Brad would not have been in the same limo.
    There goes my theory, except for the one about keeping Brad there one more week than he should have been there!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by moflan;3487143;
    It's possible that ABC had a hand in this. Another consideration - based on the information regarding the edit from the poster in Ohio who knows him - is that Brad was making inappropriate gestures towards Jillian when they returned from the Amazing Race Date and David defended Jillian.

Since Brad was part of the 1st place Amazing Race team, Jillian may not have felt she could let Brad go during that Rose Ceremony since we - the viewers -would not have the back story regarding his behavior. Since David came to her defense during that incident, she saw him in a different light than what we were privy to at home. This bought him - David - another Rose Ceremony since there were two others that she knew she had no interest in at all.

Based on the previews for this week, she does not feel obliged to kiss David, so we have to trust that she either picked up herself that he's not the one for her (practically knocking her over when he looked drunk at the last ceremony could have something to do with that) and/or other people on the set have clued her in that he's a dangerous guy.

There are editing tricks and we don't see the whole story. That said, I hope that David does seek professional help for anger and substance abuse issues after he sees how he has been portrayed.
    Pretty sure we are going to send more conflict with David this week and its not just going to be with Juan

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by lisamill36;3487217;
    Pretty sure we are going to send more conflict with David this week and its not just going to be with Juan
    wow - what makes you say that? He does just seem to walk around looking to pick a fight - but wondered if you know more?

[

There are editing tricks and we don't see the whole story. That said, I hope that David does seek professional help for anger and substance abuse issues after he sees how he has been portrayed.[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by MayJ;3487909;
    [

[/QUOTE]

Sorry for the blip... I'm still figuring out the 'skill' of posting

Just wanted to agree with you and wondered if you'd seen the Thoughts and Comments thread #991 .... an RN with experience in this area was answering my earlier questions re:whether anyone was wondering about drug abuse in David's behavior, beyond just the booze and the editing/acting.... and we were also speculating about the extent of any screening done on participants..... I'm too new to all this to know any history of past seasons... I gather hoping for some sort of standard tends to be a vain one with these B/B'ette producers

What do you think?

FORT Newbie

I think MayJ is right. David acts like a Tweaker (crystal meth addict). They are not nice people. But wait, it just dawned on me... he also acts like a steroid abuser.

I think you all are doing exactly what the producers wanted to happen. David, I am sure, along with a whole bunch of other stellar guys, was hired to play a part. Not only do we not see anything but the stereotype that the producers want seen, but the little minions in the background do everything possible to exacerbate the situation. Add alcohol, isolation, agravation, and stir ... wha la ... a bachelorette season. We see it season after season that someone is chosen to play an especially explosive part to liven up a stupid story line until the hometown dates. David seems to be IT this season - add a few guys that get a "gay-acting" vibe to their edit, a script exagerated foot fetish guy, a bunch of hunky filler guys, a sealed and delivered well paid country crooner, and a couple guys well compensated to finish first, second and third, with a "next bachelor" contract thrown in, you have this season of the bachelorette. A bachelorette, this time, who cannot carry on any kind of conversation that doesn't include fusing her mouth to some guy, any guy available.

This has been scripted from the beginning - starting with Deanna's season. They just keep changing the collateral damage each time and inserting a new puppet. Ugh Thank goodness for changes in format this time and beautiful new puppet theaters in which to play. The one thing that I think is too bad is that all these guys for the most part are good people - mostly ordinary people. And their lives will never be the same after this show.

I think I see an new generation of viewers ... I wonder what it will take to turn this in a new direction. Could there be another bachelor out there that will turn the ship of this franchise? I hope so.
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"