Page 1 of 140 123456789101151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelorette 5 - Reality Steve

Bachelorette 5 - Reality Steve

Reality Steve has a very interesting new column about Jillian's show.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

Re: Bachelorette 5 Sleuthing Thread **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by BlondieGal;3395134;
    Reality Steve has a very interesting new column about Jillian's show.
    Ugh. I predicted RS would try and stir the pot, especially now that he can reap revenue from all the ads he just recently plastered all over his site. Give me a break.
    - Avalon
    I can't bring myself to water these birch trees or believe in them.

Bachelorette 5 - Reality Steve

Quote Originally Posted by I'msotired;3395086;
    The Meet and Greet starts tonight. My hope for Jillian is that she keeps much of what she's thinking to herself - less fodder for TPTB to jerk her around. As we were discussing way back when they first announced Jillian, I'm still concerned that they were casting the bachelors before even knowing who the b'ette would be. She needs to keep that in the back of her mind at all times (and compare every one of them to that cutie Riaz).

Maybe they kept a few slots open for guys who saw her on TB and liked what they saw...hope that's not a pipedream (and that none are stalkers, lol).

Let the games begin - Hoist your colors!
    Steve had some interesting news about the bachelors on his "Reality Steve" blog today. To sum up: guys started pulling out of Bette 5 after the media backlash following Jason's season. TPTB offered two men a large sum of money to stay on board and a "guaranteed" spot in the final 2, with the promise they'd be the next bachelor if rejected. Supposedly those two refused, maybe they upped the amount offered if they asked the next two on their list for the same deal?

There was news today posted on Joker's Updates about a "nice and hot" teacher/coach in Texas (of course it was Texas! ha) who quit his job to be on Bette 5. His last day was Wednesday so that fits in with the new confirmed start date. Which makes me wonder... In this economy WHY would someone quit a teaching/coaching job for a silly reality show, unless they knew they'd be receiving serious cash to float on for the next year or two while they work on a new career? Will be interesting to see when the teacher/coach from Texas is booted, if there is in fact a guy on the show who fits that description. (The teacher on Jason's season also quit her job and she didn't go that far, so maybe he decided being on the show was worth the risk of not finding a new job right away. Seems idiotic to me, but I don't know all the circumstances behind his decision.)

I'm going to watch this season with a very critical eye and I won't take a single bit of it seriously. That is how I approached Jason's season, mainly because I didn't like him all that much so I didn't care. I like Jillian a ton, but I'll be very skeptical of any relationship that comes out of the show, it seems like it's all about money and secrets with the justification they're merely entertaining the dumb masses and giving us what we want (and what will get the high ratings that makes them more money).

Oh Steve also had some interesting news today about the Jesse/DeAnna relationship and break-up. I was the "Kelly" who asked the question so he didn't plant it. (Kelly isn't my name, he changed it without me asking him to.)

interesting about RS' new scoop. I can't imagine they would guarantee 2 people a spot in the top 2 unless Jillian already knew them and knew she wanted one of them. Maybe one was Riaz? Just kidding.

Maybe the people who are "dropping" were actually "dropped" and are now just making these things up to not look as bad and milk the Jason media frenzy scenario

I think quitting a job as a teacher is not as 'risky' as dropping a corporate job in this climate - there's always a need for teachers

Premium Member

Re: Bachelorette 5 - Reality Steve

Since Reality Steve is already at it, we'll go ahead and keep this thread open.

Please keep all discussion of RS in this thread only. Also, please do not cut and paste content from the RS blog, or post links, but rather just paraphrase what you read there.

Let's have fun and keep leave all the drama to Jillian! Thanks, everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by chopstickchick;3395331;
    interesting about RS' new scoop. I can't imagine they would guarantee 2 people a spot in the top 2 unless Jillian already knew them and knew she wanted one of them. Maybe one was Riaz? Just kidding.

Maybe the people who are "dropping" were actually "dropped" and are now just making these things up to not look as bad and milk the Jason media frenzy scenario

I think quitting a job as a teacher is not as 'risky' as dropping a corporate job in this climate - there's always a need for teachers
    I think those that dropped got cold feet and used it as an excuse. Which is fine.

I do think it's normal to be wary of the whole thing, but still willing to have fun (like Jillian went into the season doing).

So, are there 2 teachers on the show (one from Texas and the other Vancouver)?

eta

Oh, and thanks for opening the thread!

Quote Originally Posted by terabithia;3395280;
    Oh Steve also had some interesting news today about the Jesse/DeAnna relationship and break-up. I was the "Kelly" who asked the question so he didn't plant it. (Kelly isn't my name, he changed it without me asking him to.)
    Thanks for sending the question to Steve. I have to say though, that even though I don't consider myself to be an expert or anything, I could tell their (Jesse and DeAnna's ) realationship was fake. Too many fake photo-ops not to notice.
    Last edited by atem; 03-27-2009 at 06:48 PM.

Re: Bachelorette 5 - Reality Steve

Thought I'd point out that there is nothing to indicate that the 2 guys were offered a F2 spot simultaneously. In other words, one could have been offered after the other backed out which would still allow for Jillian to pick her F1 one while they go about picking their next Bachelor.

Quote Originally Posted by chopstickchick;3395331;
    Just Sayin...That is not always the case. I work in the district office for the largest school district in Minnesota. We are laying off over 100 teachers due to budget cuts.

The same is true of most metro school districts here. The economy is affecting how states are budgeting education. The stimulus package impacts special ed and targeted services, but it is not putting additional money in the general fund, which pays for teacher salaries.

Next year we are going to have to close schools as well as lay off even more teaching staff. This may not be the case in Texas, but I think it is still a risky endeavor to quit your job if there are no guaranteed salaries.
    Last edited by beeleever; 03-27-2009 at 10:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by beeleever;3395481;
    Just Sayin...That is not always the case. I work in the district office for the largest school district in Minnesota. We are laying off over 100 teachers due to budget cuts.

The same is true of most metro school districts here. The economy is affecting how states are budgeting education. The stimulus package impacts special ed and targeted services, but it is not putting additional money in the general fund, which pays for teacher salaries.

Next year we are going to have to close schools as well as lay off even more teaching staff. This may not be the case in Texas, but I think it is still a risky endeavor if there are no guaranteed salaries.
    Maybe, he left knowing his job could be gone anyway?

George: My Dream Hubby... mommadeb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3395483;
    Maybe, he left knowing his job could be gone anyway?
    My son said that the talk around school is that he did not resign. He took a leave of absence.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Love many things, for therein lies the true strength.
    And whosoever loves much, performs much, and can accomplish much.
    And what is done in love is done well.