Page 92 of 140 FirstFirst ... 42828384858687888990919293949596979899100101102 ... LastLast
Results 911 to 920 of 1400

Thread: Bachelorette 5 - Reality Steve

  1. #911
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    69

    Re: Bachelorette 5 - Reality Steve

    Quote Originally Posted by deidre1985;3555274;
    Zing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!! You're so right. I would have believed you.

    I hope Wes doesn't go to the MTA. Do you know if he is going to? He doesn't have to I wouldn't think. Tell him to stay away!

    We are all telling him not to go.

    I found a post on "another board" by a long time poster, that said she's been to lots of MTA. She knows for a "fact" that they are not edited and it's 100% truth what we see on TV. I forwarded that post. He cannot win by going on TV anymore. He also knows it will put some of the other guys in hot water because they want to defend Wes. ABC can just keep on trashing Wes and those that hate will continue to hate. It's a choice that people make.

  2. #912
    FORT Fogey FanOfUnrealTV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    4,670

    Re: Bachelorette 5 - Reality Steve

    Quote Originally Posted by MamaBJ;3555258;
    TThis could be why no one is stopping Wes from talking. She could definitely sue should she wish to do so. She was never under contract and I'm pretty sure she never signed a waiver.
    You seem to be implying that she could sue someone in the production area of the show because her name was spoken on the air. I'm wondering what sort of claim she would be likely to prosecute against them?

    To be clear, again, Wes should never, never have spoken her name and I don't condone anyone having any contact with her or making threats towards her. But, I'm just wondering how the production of the show would be vulnerable here.

  3. #913
    FORT Fanatic Bean07's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    661

    Re: Bachelorette 5 - Reality Steve

    Quote Originally Posted by TwoStepper;3555291;
    We are all telling him not to go.

    I found a post on "another board" by a long time poster, that said she's been to lots of MTA. She knows for a "fact" that they are not edited and it's 100% truth what we see on TV. I forwarded that post. He cannot win by going on TV anymore. He also knows it will put some of the other guys in hot water because they want to defend Wes. ABC can just keep on trashing Wes and those that hate will continue to hate. It's a choice that people make.
    How will the guys that stick up for him be in any sort of hot water? I believe Michael and Tanner said that they thought Wes was a good guy. I am not so sure what Reid thinks of him after that post he did on twitter. That is one thing I will def hold against Wes- he shouldn't have called Reid that even in jest. I just don't think that type of language is appropriate...ever.

  4. #914
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    144

    Re: Bachelorette 5 - Reality Steve

    Quote Originally Posted by FanOfUnrealTV;3555292;
    You seem to be implying that she could sue someone in the production area of the show because her name was spoken on the air. I'm wondering what sort of claim she would be likely to prosecute against them?

    To be clear, again, Wes should never, never have spoken her name and I don't condone anyone having any contact with her or making threats towards her. But, I'm just wondering how the production of the show would be vulnerable here.
    I'm just going by other reality shows. In BB for instance, when someone doesn't sign a waiver to allow their name used, the feeds go to fish, fire, whatever. Unless ABC decided to pay her, I don't think they could legally use her name. Maybe PunkyBachelor could come back and give us that info? Any other attorneys out there?

  5. #915
    FORT Fogey sclilred1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    1,942

    Re: Bachelorette 5 - Reality Steve

    Production made all plans and arrangements for Jake to come back and "confront" Wes. Productin had a hand in making sure that Laurels name was put out there on national tv. Production did not, before the Jake incident, put Laurels name out there from Wes mouth. Wes says he asked for her name to not be made public, apparently production agreed for the time being until Jake was brought back for the drama effect.

  6. #916
    Frankly, my dear BritLit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Not on the Fence
    Posts
    1,742

    Re: Bachelorette 5 - Reality Steve

    Quote Originally Posted by sclilred1;3555289;
    Please point me in the direction of where Wes said they KNEW each other for 6 or 7 years and dated for 3 years please. I really heard him say they dated for 6 years. Did he go back and change that time frame? Did the producers edit out the KNEW part and put in dated instead? Also, either way you look at it, the time line does not add up. Dated 3 years broke up a year ago. This is 2009. In 2007 Laurel was dating Brad after he decided to pick no one at his FRC. So, was she dating both guys then or is her time line with Wes off?
    I'm pretty sure that it's in that long Grapevine TV preview. I think it was more along the lines of "we've been together six years". . .
    Last edited by BritLit; 07-09-2009 at 03:57 PM.
    Wherever she went, including here, it was against her better judgment. --Dorothy Parker

  7. #917
    FORT Fogey I'msotired's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,463

    Re: Bachelorette 5 - Reality Steve

    Quote Originally Posted by ZG_Champion;3555283;
    He said they have to go unless there's a business or personal matter that conflicts. He has a show Friday night. Originally he had one Saturday too but ABC told him he had to go, so he moved it. Now he's not sure what he will do.

    I doubt ABC would sue him if he doesn't go. It would open up a can of worms, with him getting to tell his side of the story about the phony editing in his Answer or a counter-claim.

    He said it's a catch-22, and he hasn't fully decided.
    I doubt it, too, ZG_Champion. I don't think ABC wants anyone to look at their practices too closely. They'd probably lose sleep for months worrying about who would be called as witnesses against them. The trial would sure make an interesting reality tv show, though, wouldn't it?
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

  8. #918
    .
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    876

    Re: Bachelorette 5 - Reality Steve

    Quote Originally Posted by TwoStepper;3555291;
    We are all telling him not to go.

    I found a post on "another board" by a long time poster, that said she's been to lots of MTA. She knows for a "fact" that they are not edited and it's 100% truth what we see on TV. I forwarded that post. He cannot win by going on TV anymore. He also knows it will put some of the other guys in hot water because they want to defend Wes. ABC can just keep on trashing Wes and those that hate will continue to hate. It's a choice that people make.

    I think Wes should go. How worse can it get? Production knows Wes is not afraid of his contract (to a certain extend) and he's very verbal. So they might be more careful about what to air next time around. He might actually score some positive points by going. Worth the try IMO.

  9. #919
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,130

    Re: Bachelorette 5 - Reality Steve

    The MTA is edited. They film it live to tape. It goes on for hours and then they pick and choose the scenes they will air.

    Wes said in his RS interview the producers told him he would have 30 to 60 minutes of talk time with Chris at the MTA and acknowledged to him it would be edited down. Obviously they can't show the whole thing in a 2 hour time slot that will include recaps of the whole season for viewers who haven't seen all the episodes.

    Filming Saturday means they are filming ahead of the public disclosure of the F2. I wonder if they will have all of the F3 there -- or none of them. They could make the show work with just Jake and Dave on the hot seat.

  10. #920
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,130

    Re: Bachelorette 5 - Reality Steve

    Quote Originally Posted by boomer_lady;3555340;
    I think Wes should go. How worse can it get? Production knows Wes is not afraid of his contract (to a certain extend) and he's very verbal. So they might be more careful about what to air next time around. He might actually score some positive points by going. Worth the try IMO.
    I disagree. The audience will boo him when he comes out and they will edit the heck out him again. They'll leave in the parts where he says, "Yes, that one I said." They don't care about being careful about the editing...they love what they've done to Wes this season, it's their biggest ratings grabber.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.