Page 59 of 140 FirstFirst ... 9495051525354555657585960616263646566676869109 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelorette 5 - Reality Steve

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Re: Bachelorette 5 - Reality Steve

Quote Originally Posted by justsaying;3540441;
    I see an accomplished, attractive blond; a litigator who specializes in the technical field who provided legal services for his company. Someone who's known him since his college days and who shared the same view about being settled and financially secure in one's career before setling down to marriage. Someone who thought she'd be 'the one' when that time finally came. Somebody who is perfect... kind of like Jake.
    Just want to clarify since you responded to my post-- I wasn't talking about the 'supposed' ex. I was joking about the people who've been leaking all the information, esp. her name. I've got no respect for that kind of 'friendship'.

Seriously, I've got nothing against the ex. We've all got 'em. And I have no feelings re: her & Ed since she didn't sign up for the show (as I actually mentioned somewhere in this thread!) But those 'friends' of hers who've been out on the internet, spreading information about someone who can't defend himself (if he wanted to) leave more than a little to be desired...
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

FORT Fogey

Just goes to show, when you sign up for fame, even fakey-reality-pseudo-fame, you sign your family and friends up too, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;3541333;
    Just goes to show, when you sign up for fame, even fakey-reality-pseudo-fame, you sign your family and friends up too, apparently.
    I think Ryan's (Jen) family found that one out the hard way.
    It certainly isn't exclusive to this season - other family have been raked over the coals in the show.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by JoLena;3538962;
    I'm curious , do you know for a fact ,it was Blue Frog who released information to RS? I know RS does NOT get his information from JEREMY.! :nono Everyone knows the old saying when we "ASSUME".

This is not true. RS told me himself in an email last season the he most definitely does get info from Jeremy. So either he is lying now or he was lying then.

Quote Originally Posted by Living;3541103;
    I agree with your perception of the RS stuff and have recognized the modus operandum of those out of the clique. The way they deal with competition is to attack and cause people to disrespect, hate their opposition. It is a pity. I would hate for Ed to be hated and vilified as in the past season example. It starts little then gets into papers and before you know what, Ed had two girlfriends during the show. He had two other women pregnant, he's a creep and who knows what.

We know about Wes's girlfriend. We will see next week that Jillian wises up to it and drops him. It becomes apparant to Jillian that he is not into her. Actually he is not even saying he is. He says things like I like you and I am here for the right reasons, and do not bring this up again. What a man! Quite obnoxious. Jill will wise up.
    Oh we should believe Wes has a girlfriend, even though the girl has spoken up and said it's not true, that they were done a yr ago. But no way should we believe that Ed had 1 or 2 girlfriends, even though we have so many saying otherwise. Yeah maybe she does wise up and know who really has the girlfriend and that's why he's F3.

Quote Originally Posted by outoflurkdom;3541423;
    This is not true. RS told me himself in an email last season the he most definitely does get info from Jeremy. So either he is lying now or he was lying then.
    Perhaps some info last season was received by him in the past relating to various aspects of show production, storyboard etc, but that does not make Jeremy a source for this season. I am not a spokesperson for Jeremy, but from what I know and have seen of him, he is a smart lawyer that respects the legal system every bit as much as sdl; and neither would (I presume) want to feed info to Steve for the sake of a sensational story. While sdl admits to having industry contacts, there is nothing to suggest that Jeremy has show insider info for this season.

In the past RS has said that his insider info comes from a source in CA.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Quote Originally Posted by outoflurkdom;3541423;
    Reality Steve may have told you that Jeremy is a source of some information, and I am sure that is true. As a previous contestant Jeremy obviously knows a lot about the workings of the show, I am sure he has helped explain many things to Reality Steve. Reality Steve also specified that he would never disclose his sources, but that they were numerous and that many were in the production area of the show. In addition, a lot of people email Reality Steve information because they know his blog is pretty widely read by people who follow reality tv. He follows up those leads and verifies them. You can not infer that because Reality Steve has said he gets some info from Jeremy that makes Jeremy a primary source for his scoops---it does not. And I completely agree with what Mike'sgirl just posted---Jeremy is a lawyer, with far better understanding of the contracts, confidentiality agreements and repercussions than most---I highly doubt that he would jeopardize his career just to give out tips to a blogger about a dating show. JMO.
    "Reality is merely an illusion, although a very persistent one." - Einstein

Karen Stivali - author and very cheeky chook

Quote Originally Posted by cfck2222;3540834;
    I've got no idea whether we're talking about the same group of female Chicago tweeters/Bachelorette watchers (I'd rather not ID their names on the board). But what I remember is a female from Chicago tweeting several weeks ago that she had heard Ed was back with his girlfriend and that it was cool having the inside scoop. Her group of friends were Ed fans. I don't remember seeing anything that made me think that she personally knew Ed but maybe I didn't look far back enough. I did get the impression she was getting local inside info maybe from somebody who knew Ed though, not info from the boards. I DO remember one of her friends having spotted Ed at Southport in Chicago.

I just went back and looked at some of the tweets from that circle of ladies. One of them tweeted another to ask if she'd heard if it was true that Ed is a creep (this was after RS blogged about the Ed gf/email thing). The person tweeted back:

I'm too tired now to really look around to see if they've said anything else about Ed lately. I do know there were a couple of them who were really excited when they heard Ed was coming back on the show. I don't think they were among the ones that know him personally.
    It sounds like you have the same group of ladies that I found. It seems like the group is getting larger & I can't see the tweets of one of them that I think knows Ed personally. I'm not sure about the airport, can't remember what I read about that.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by NYGal;3539494;
    I don't believe the rumors about Ed, because they are too over the top. First he had one girlfriend, now it is two. Seems to me that someone is going way out of the way to discredit him. The question is, why?
    Maybe it's me then, but him leaving the program because of a job and coming back was the original OVER THE TOP for me.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3541526;
    Perhaps some info last season was received by him in the past relating to various aspects of show production, storyboard etc, but that does not make Jeremy a source for this season. I am not a spokesperson for Jeremy, but from what I know and have seen of him, he is a smart lawyer that respects the legal system every bit as much as sdl; and neither would (I presume) want to feed info to Steve for the sake of a sensational story. While sdl admits to having industry contacts, there is nothing to suggest that Jeremy has show insider info for this season.

In the past RS has said that his insider info comes from a source in CA.
    Sure does. Wes