Page 54 of 140 FirstFirst ... 4444546474849505152535455565758596061626364104 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelorette 5 - Reality Steve

Re: Bachelorette 5 - Reality Steve

Quote Originally Posted by BritLit;3538749;
    RS wrote about that interview almost as if he himself had done it. If you're going to reference something, give credit where credit is due. Here's the original article from National Public Radio.

NPR: The Bachelor and Other Delights
    I was just looking for this. Thanks

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3538716;
    I love you girl, even more today then yesterday!!! Always saying what I am thinking and feeling, thank you!

From what little I know of Steve, he gets multiple sources and waits until he can verify them (usually) before putting it in writing. I told him about the article I read about the producer comments on what they do on the show, a year ago; but could not find the link to it. He knew it existed then, but he wanted to read it for himself. Obviously, someone else was on my wavelength (probably several people) and provided him with the article he recently referred to about.

My point is, there are a lot of people out there and some do not even post or lurk here at FORT. So, I wouldn't say that a specific member here was responsible for providing RS with the info. Maybe some do, but from what I've read here - people who "know" are usually very careful about what they reveal.

BlueFrog is a girl!!!!!! All this time I've been thinking "he" because the posts have been clear, brief, and direct - typical for the relatively few male posters on this side of the threads. You go girl!
    This season it's obvious that many posters feel deeply loyal to their favs. This has led to tensions and defensiveness. Part of sleuthing involves weighing all the info. that comes our way whether we approve of (or even like it for that matter) to get to the truth. We may not want to know it esp. if it is about our favorite one. Once a participant sign on the dotted line to put themselves in the public forum they become fair game to exposure of any info. about them in public. That is the trade off.

Slander and libel are serious offenses and people get sued for ruining someone's reputation without evidence. So the people who do put forth info. I am sure have thought about it long and hard before they expose themselves to ridicule and risk their reputation for someone on a tv show?

In this day and age with internet access info. is given, verified and proven within hours. We need to look at the info. given, check the source from where it came, recognize the source and realize that any one posting info. publicly is doing so with the knowledge that they will be ridiculed and their reputations are at stake. They guard the info. given to them diligently and often do not volunteer info. unless absolutely essential to set things straight. Most sources do not do it out of spite, they just want the truth out there for people to evaulate it for themselves. There is no point in shooting the messenger simply bec' the info. about a certain person does not paint them in a good light esp. if they are the favorite.

In this season, we have heard very little negative info. by participants in general. Let's not forget that of the f4 Wes' plans were known to the PTB early on.

There has been no info. that has surfaced about Kip or Reid that questions their behavior. Some say Reid came on the show for boost his real estate business. Even if true, we say so what? It doesn't hurt anybody in the process and move along. But if there is info. that could affect another person's life it should be brought to light so no one gets hurt. What the person in question does with that info. it is up to her/him.

If it comes to light that the same info. is coming from several independent sources then we must question why that is. There has to be some truth in that information. Who in their right mind will put their good name and reputation on the line about a contestant on a scripted TV show? There is no smoke without fire.

There are people who want to see Ed be Jillian's choice in the end. Others would like to see Kip or Reid. Ultimately who she picks is not in our hands or should it be. We just get a peek into the story and kept guessing till it is all revealed through the show.

Quote Originally Posted by BritLit;3538749;
    RS wrote about that interview almost as if he himself had done it. If you're going to reference something, give credit where credit is due. Here's the original article from National Public Radio.

NPR: The Bachelor and Other Delights
    Thanks, BritLit. And of course that was posted on FORT way back when it first aired.

ETA: I just checked, and ironically it's in the archives of the "Will ABC Address RS's Accusations?" thread of the Bachelor and the post was dated ca. Feb. of this year.
    Last edited by bamabrain; 07-01-2009 at 11:18 PM.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by sushifan;3538830;
    Well, it wasn't Blue Frog -- so I guess Lindsey must have more than one friend.
    Boy, Lindsey doesn't pick her friends well, does she?

I can guarantee that no friends of mine would still be a friend if they were dumping my personal love life all over the internet.

What so many people seem to want to ignore is that the show is over. It's done. They finished filming five or six weeks ago. Jillian's made her choice and all the anguished posting on these fan boards isn't going to influence her or her chosen one at all. And I can guarantee that what she's learned about that person from her own personal experience is going to be what matters to her, not some skeezy dubious internet revelations.

FORT Fan

Oh come on. The girls friends, and Blue Frog is one of them, are completely responsible for this mess. And whichever one of them gave RS the girls first name and then having that clown post it for all to see knowing full well that a forum like this, where things are scrutinized in minute detail, exists would go searching for a Lindsey with a connection to Ed?

None of that would have happened had these so called friends not decided to embark on some ridiculously futile smear campaign over a situation that was a done deal ie..the show is finished. Jillian made her choice already so what exactly is the point in all this? Is it to hurt Jillian ie..by letting her know Ed didnīt find her attractive, wasnīt the slightest bit interested in her? If I still thought Ed was F1 I might think it was to undermine their relationship, make Jillian doubt herself and his feelings for her. Or are they trying to turn Ed into the new Jason?

Whatever your motives girls I think you really failed Lindsey as a friend. If she truely didnīt want any of this public then shame on you.

Quote Originally Posted by cfck2222;3538832;
    The way you organized this all just made me think of something. Is it possible that Wes's camp is fanning the player Ed rumors? After all if I'm Wes I'm none too pleased that Ed with his baggage is being edited as the conquering hero while Wes with his baggage has been cast as the villain. Plus Ed's baggage takes the heat off Wes some as you pointed out. It doesn't make any of it true or untrue, but it does make me wonder if, by the time this B'ette season ends, there will be anyone left associated with it that I don't consider a tool
    As was pointed out before, RS NEEDS to peddle his wares on the web. Plus he needs to not be forgotten by netizens. He cannot capitalize on the Wes girlfriend angle because he is chummy chummy with Jeremy who is bff with Wes.

As I understand it there are at least 2 trusted posters on this board who have posted about Ed's relationship baggage and as I understand it they are completely independent of and have nothing to do with Blue Frog's campaign. In other words I don't think the Ed rumors can simply be reduced to the poster named Blue Frog. If they could be I would be much more inclined to dismiss them (and to be honest, as disappointed as I was to hear this stuff, I would be happier if I could).
    sdl said he is a playuh, a subjective observation not a fact bloomers are more detailed but not definitive as to the status of the relationship. In other words the same as what Bluefrog is insinuating. Only that Bloomers said that he called her from Spain and broke it off. I mean even Jillian grilled Wes several times about a girlfriend and still gave him a chance even when Jake cried on the banister after Wes has thumped him on the head. ( I still find it funny lol) Why some posters are up in arms about this is just something that I do not understand. I have to hate someone so much to rationalize all the reasons why I do.

RS posting the rumors isn't why I'm lending them credence. He merely added a couple of details to a set of rumors I already thought had something to them thanks to a veteran poster here. Then sdl came along and underscored the rumors' validity in my mind. But seeing as Jillian has been openly dating multiple men throughout this process, I also understand there are multiple reasons to question the significance of the rumors even if they're true.

I'll cosign that.
    Last edited by snarkattack222; 07-01-2009 at 11:37 PM.

I completely agree, its was inappropriate. Just because the information is on the net does not meet it should have been posted here. Like cheekychook said there are many girls with same name. We don't know which one or who it is. Also whoever that girl is did not sign up for this. I hope this can be fixed.
    Its only inapropriate if you buy what this anonymous poster is selling hook line and sinker. The full name will bring you closer to the truth. Its extremely easy to pick any names from a facebook profile and say that one is a secret girlfriend. I don't think there is someone dumb enough to do that to a friend. Specially that it is SO EASY to get to the bottom of this, just like the "Ed just invented his career achievements to get the girls" debacle. It is just MORE comfortable to believe the rumor if it helps whatever agenda we have rather than find out the truth.

Publicizing the names of former spouses, significant others, employers and so forth happens all the time to reality contestants. We learned more than we ever wanted about Jason's ex-wife, Andy Baldwin's ex girlfriends ( the athlete and the nurse) , Jenni Croft's ex and now fiance, Jesse's ex/boss and more. If you have been dating someone who is going on a dating show, you'd be a fool not to expect some attention. If you are an extremely private person, then you are pretty much out of luck. It's the nature of the enterprise that the contestant has chosen.

Well, I will say this - until RS posted it......... the whole issue of Ed having a GF was dismissed by many as irrelevant, but now it is an issue. What changed? I don't know whether this is due to anger that it might be true, or because it is still felt to be irrelevant, and should not be of any significance.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Quote Originally Posted by stickle;3538802;
    Hellooooo? Anybody who read Blue Frog's posts knew immediately where Reality Steve was getting the information from. And anybody who has read Reality Steve knows he gets most of his information from Jeremy and his Texas clique. It was RS who put Lindsay's name out there and once you yourself post your name and picture on the internet, it's fair game to be found by anyone.

I'd guess Lindsay is horrified too. If I was her, I'd be furious at Blue Frog for sticking her nose in my business and my love life. What a nasty friend to do something like that.
    I'm curious , do you know for a fact ,it was Blue Frog who released information to RS? I know RS does NOT get his information from JEREMY.! :nono Everyone knows the old saying when we "ASSUME".