Page 52 of 140 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162102 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelorette 5 - Reality Steve

Re: Bachelorette 5 - Reality Steve

Quote Originally Posted by maxkl;3537981;
    I just don't get it, what does Ed get for going on "TV" and misleading a girlfriend, if thats what he did? It just doesn't make sense. I'm not saying he wasn't dating someone, but maybe to him it wasn't that serious. At least with Wes you can validate he went on to "get noticed" for his music. With Ed, I don't see the draw for him. It appears he is quite successful in his business... why would he go on TB and jeaporize that if he wasn't serious in tryiing to find a connection with Jillian? I can see that he may not be the best communicator (being a techie myself, its not one our strong points)... but why would he misrepresent himself if in fact he wasn't "single". I can see maybe starting to date someone between when he signed up for TB and when the filming started... but maybe it wasn't as serious to him. Maybe he found he really does have feeling for Jilly and felt he needed to go back and explain that to the girl he had started dating. I don't know Ed, but he doesn't seem like a slimball to me... but I'm sure he's hurt his share of women in the past... it doesn't mean he can't find "the one" at some point in his life.... it happens to most of us eventually. I don't think RS's scoop, even if it is semi-real, means Ed is a terrible guy.
    There is an appeal for a lot of people Ed's age, who grew up with reality TV, to give it a shot just for the experience of it. He said his mother suggested it to him. Maybe things were relatively routine at work, he was dating someone casually but it was going nowhere in his mind, and the opportunity presented itself to do something crazy for a few weeks; I doubt he thought he'd be there longer than that. I don't think it's a totally unrealistic scenario. He may have never dreamed he would fall for Jill, or she would fall for him, or both. So he ended up in over his head, and maybe he and the producers tried to fix the mess and get some drama out of it at the same time. I agree that none of this makes him as terrible a guy as some seem to think.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by trisha22;3535385;
    Why in the world would he go on a show such as this if he had a serious girlfriend back home??...makes no sense....he has a career he seems to love so he wouldn't want to be an actor, tv person , etc.

To me he went on the show because he is at the point in his life that he wants to settle down. His mom recommended the show and he took a chance and went on the show.

He raised his hand on national TV and said "he did not have a girlfriend" and he seems to be a decent, professional, hardworking person who would not be foolish enough to lie outright!

I agree! It makes no sense for Ed to go "looking for love" on TV if he had a serious girlfriend. He has nothing to promote; just a boring IT guy. And what kind of girl would be waiting for him after making out so much with another girl on national television?

Could be that Ed is F1 and TPTB had this girfriend rumor started to throw us off.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3538064;
    Well, one thing I am getting - thanks to RS or not; is that "bad boy" Wes may have some good boy in him...... and "good boy" Ed, may have some bad boy in him.
    Hi Mikesgirl. I love your avatar!

Examine the relationship of Reality Steve to Jeremy (Deanna's season) who I believe is the whistle blower, the one who gave him the information about the Melissa/Molly switcheroo.

Jeremy is friends with Wes for 20 years. Reality Steve needs Jeremy for more dirt about the Bachelorette. So he defends Wes and throw Ed under the bus, even though the information is also from Bluefrog (who I had a pleasure of PMing me, calling me a jerk for figuring her modus operandi), the same one who is giving us the same info about Ed's supposed gf for weeks. This particular Lindsey Johnson is all over Ed's profile in facebook and Windows Medial Live, while his civil status says single.

So if you are Reality Steve and you want more info from Jeremy... and Jeremy is friends with Wes for 20 years, isn't it logical for you to make Wes a little more likable at the same time draw more attention to Ed so you can at least sell your goodies on the net?

I guess if you are not part of the Texas clique your fair game for RS.

BTW almost everybody believes Ed has a girlfriend before they read the RS blog. Only a small amount of posters in this board wants to give him the benefit of the doubt. Bluefrog has been partly successful in her campaign. Im sure she's very happy that we are still talking about it.
    Last edited by snarkattack222; 07-01-2009 at 07:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by snarkattack222;3538160;
    Hi Mikesgirl. I love your avatar!

Examine the relationship of Reality Steve to Jeremy (Deanna's season) who I believe is the whistle blower, the one who gave him the information about the Melissa/Molly switcheroo.

Jeremy is friends with Wes for 20 years. Reality Steve needs Jeremy for more dirt about the Bachelorette. So he defends Wes and throw Ed under the bus, even though the information is also from Bluefrog (who I had a pleasure of PMing me, calling me a jerk for figuring her modus operandi), the same one who is giving us the same info about Ed's supposed gf for weeks. This particular Lindsey Johnson is all over Ed's profile in facebook and Windows Medial Live, while his civil status says single.

So if you are Reality Steve and you want more info from Jeremy... and Jeremy is friends with Wes for 20 years, isn't it logical for you to make Wes a little more likable at the same time draw more attention to Ed so you can at least sell your goodies on the net?

I guess if you are not part of the Texas clique your fair game for RS.

BTW almost everybody believes Ed has a girlfriend before they read the RS blog. Only a small amount of posters in this board wants to give him the benefit of the doubt. Bluefrog has been partly successful in her campaign. Im sure she's very happy that we are still talking about it.
    Did I miss something? When did "almost everbody" start believing Ed had a girlfriend? Most of what I have been reading for weeks on end is about how Ed is Prince Charming, has been in love with Jillian since the beginning, made the right choice by leaving the show for his job, and is totally not the "kind of guy" who would cheat on a girl. Heck no one would even believe me when I said he was home in mid-April until the show aired where he left to go home!

That is quite a set of conspiracy theories you have come up with here. You are speaking as if you know Jeremy,Reality Steve, Blue Frog and Lindsey all personally. You apparently feel confident in speaking to their relationship with one another, as well as their personal agenda/motivation. Should we all assume that you not only know them all but they all gave you permission to speak on their behalf? Or are your posts strictly your opinion?
    "Reality is merely an illusion, although a very persistent one." - Einstein

Karen Stivali - author and very cheeky chook

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook;3538401;
    Did I miss something? When did "almost everbody" start believing Ed had a girlfriend? Most of what I have been reading for weeks on end is about how Ed is Prince Charming, has been in love with Jillian since the beginning, made the right choice by leaving the show for his job, and is totally not the "kind of guy" who would cheat on a girl. Heck no one would even believe me when I said he was home in mid-April until the show aired where he left to go home!

That is quite a set of conspiracy theories you have come up with here. You are speaking as if you know Jeremy,Reality Steve, Blue Frog and Lindsey all personally. You apparently feel confident in speaking to their relationship with one another, as well as their personal agenda/motivation. Should we all assume that you not only know them all but they all gave you permission to speak on their behalf? Or are your posts strictly your opinion?
    There was no missing them-- these 'conspiracy theories' have been running rampant around the threads, particularly the Ed thread for the last couple of weeks, mostly by those who are convinced Ed is a cad and player and who believe Reid can do no wrong. I'm surprised you may have missed those rumors in the Ed thread...

And I believe this poster was speaking as intimately about these 'personalities' as some have been talking about Ed. Should we all be throwing stones b/c they aren't necessarily known to us personally?? I believe lots of people should start ducking.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;3538432;
    There was no missing them-- these 'conspiracy theories' have been running rampant around the threads, particularly the Ed thread for the last couple of weeks, mostly by those who are convinced Ed is a cad and player and who believe Reid can do no wrong. I'm surprised you may have missed those rumors in the Ed thread...

And I believe this poster was speaking as intimately about these 'personalities' as some have been talking about Ed. Should we all be throwing stones b/c they aren't necessarily known to us personally?? I believe lots of people should start ducking.
    Ed has signed a contract and placed himself on The Bachelorette. This opens him up to having people speculate about him or post knowledge about him on this and other boards. Jeremy, Reality Steve, Blue Frog and Lindsey are not contestants on this season. For me, personally, there's a difference.

I am well aware of the fact that several posters insinuate and accuse ALL of the contestants of things. Some people speak because they have factual inside knowledge, others speak as if they do, IMO there's a difference there as well.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by cpamama;3538139;
    I agree! It makes no sense for Ed to go "looking for love" on TV if he had a serious girlfriend. He has nothing to promote; just a boring IT guy. And what kind of girl would be waiting for him after making out so much with another girl on national television?

Could be that Ed is F1 and TPTB had this girfriend rumor started to throw us off.
    Not if he is enjoying singing karaoke and hanging out at Blue Frog in Chitown. He doesn't seem to a loner at the house during this show either.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook;3538475;
    Ed has signed a contract and placed himself on The Bachelorette. This opens him up to having people speculate about him or post knowledge about him on this and other boards. Jeremy, Reality Steve, Blue Frog and Lindsey are not contestants on this season. For me, personally, there's a difference.

I am well aware of the fact that several posters insinuate and accuse ALL of the contestants of things. Some people speak because they have[ factual inside knowledge, others speak as if they do, IMO there's a difference there as well.
    Well, this is where we've got to agree to disagree. RS is a blogger who's interested in spreading the "insider info" (I use this term extremely loosely) to not only increase his notoriety, er, cough, popularity but also to make himself a buck with his jazzy t-shirts. I was going to ask who would wear those silly things but we need to look no further than Deanna and Holly... 2 ladies trying to extend their 15 minutes.

Obviously I don't believe RS's 'insider info'. Here is a post that Kasha wrote in the Media thread--

Quote Originally Posted by KashatheDiva;3537873;
    Bingo!
    I had heard from waayyy before the premiere that Wes was going home before the FD's(in this case Hawaii) and that from the get go his goal was to help promote his music career and stay as long as he could up until the point of the FD--after the HTD's and then refuse a rose if it got this far. Defining "refusing a rose" to mean the filming shows he does something so that Jillian will not give him a rose, not that he opts out on film--Hi Graham!
    Production was in on this. It was not a secret.
    I am not the only one that heard this.
    Now, I've been around FORT for a while and I'm not sure about anyone else, but I'll take Kasha's insider info over RS's any day!!!

I agree with you that it isn't fair for this Lindsey person to be discussed. Just like I didn't think it was fair to discuss Jason's ex-wife or Brad's ex-girlfriend while they were doing the show. Ed signed up for the show, not her. HOWEVER, one of her good friends is out there sharing her name and what "supposedly" happened to her... so OF COURSE people are going to discuss it/her!! If anyone should be shouldering the blame on that, it should be her 'friend', not those who talk about her!

Anyways, that's where I stand on things.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;3538598;
    Well, this is where we've got to agree to disagree. RS is a blogger who's interested in spreading the "insider info" (I use this term extremely loosely) to not only increase his notoriety, er, cough, popularity but also to make himself a buck with his jazzy t-shirts. I was going to ask who would wear those silly things but we need to look no further than Deanna and Holly... 2 ladies trying to extend their 15 minutes.

Obviously I don't believe RS's 'insider info'. Here is a post that Kasha wrote in the Media thread--

Now, I've been around FORT for a while and I'm not sure about anyone else, but I'll take Kasha's insider info over RS's any day!!!

I agree with you that it isn't fair for this Lindsey person to be discussed. Just like I didn't think it was fair to discuss Jason's ex-wife or Brad's ex-girlfriend while they were doing the show. Ed signed up for the show, not her. HOWEVER, one of her good friends is out there sharing her name and what "supposedly" happened to her... so OF COURSE people are going to discuss it/her!! If anyone should be shouldering the blame on that, it should be her 'friend', not those who talk about her!

Anyways, that's where I stand on things.
    First off I am happy to agree to disagree---that's a very reasonable offer and I accept.

I wasn't really commenting on Reality Steve's information so much as I was questioning the poster who was so confident in naming his sources.

As with any "info" it is easier to believe it if people you know to be telling the truth are saying the same thing. Especially if these people are clearly getting the same information from different places.

Regarding the last part I just posted the following in another thread, but it addresses the exact same issue so I will copy here:

I would just like to point out that it was not Blue Frog, but was another poster on this board who put forth Lindsey's full name. Even Reality Steve used only a first name. There is no proof that Blue Frog was Reality Steve's source---there is just an accusation by a poster here. I am guessing Lindsey is horrified that her name is being circulated, pictures accessed, etc---she did not sign up for a reality show and did not ask for this kind of attention. Blue Frog has never posted any identifying information for whatever "friend" she is defending, she merely said she is friends with someone with whom Ed was involved. I am certain there are countless people in Chicago who could speak volumes about Ed and his many relationships.

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;3538598;
    So would I.RS was the one who broke the whole Melissa/Jason/Molly thing last season so I can't say that he just "guessed" however I would take Kasha's insider info over RS's just because I have more knowledge of Kasha being correct with her insider info quite frequently.
    "I need to stop talking about shoes before I get tabbed to judge some gay fashion show, or get a call from Tanner to hang out." sdl