Page 51 of 140 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061101 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelorette 5 - Reality Steve

Re: Bachelorette 5 - Reality Steve

Quote Originally Posted by restlessheart;3537160;
    Blue Frog stated that he was very serious with one girl though.
    Most women would take what he said to her and think that they were in a very serious relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by stickle;3536664;
    Boy, if this info is coming from a friend of Ed's scorned girl friend, I wouldn't want friends like her. Who needs friends like that who are going to broadcast your love life to the high heavens on multiple blogs?

What could possibly be gained by the ex-gf/friend spreading this story/rumor except to try to humiliate Ed? In my opinion, it humiliates the ex-gf more. It's certainly not going to create warm cuddly feelings with Ed that might induce him to go back to the old girlfriend. I don't imagine Ed's friends are going to be impressed by anybody who is so eager to disparage their buddy so oops, there's a circle of friends you can write off being included in.

It can't be any phony concern for Jillian. The ex-girlfriend doesn't know her so doesn't care about Jill's feelings. If one of Jillian's girlfriends had information of a situation akin to this, then I could see them spilling the beans because they actually would have a vested interest in Jillian's well being, but then again, a true friend wouldn't put it out on the internet.

So why exactly is the ex-gf/friend posting this stuff and sending it to a reality site where it can get wider distribution? It can only be out of a meanness of heart or wanting to hurt somebody. It's not going to hurt Ed - he has already either won Jillian's heart or he hasn't. IMO it hurts the purveyor, gets them some momentary attention and perhaps some sort of distorted satisfaction. It certainly doesn't say anything about that person's good character or trustworthiness as a friend.
    What self-respecting woman would take a 'boyfriend' back who told her that they'd be together again once the show ends and all this blows over? Afterall, the 'boyfriend' presented himself to America as single and available! What does Ed have to gain through deceit to America? What does he have to gain by deceiving a 'girlfriend'? Anyone think this so-called girlfriend gifted Ed with some benefits and in turn expected more than she got from Ed?

Quote Originally Posted by stickle;3536664;
    Boy, if this info is coming from a friend of Ed's scorned girl friend, I wouldn't want friends like her. Who needs friends like that who are going to broadcast your love life to the high heavens on multiple blogs?

What could possibly be gained by the ex-gf/friend spreading this story/rumor except to try to humiliate Ed? In my opinion, it humiliates the ex-gf more. It's certainly not going to create warm cuddly feelings with Ed that might induce him to go back to the old girlfriend. I don't imagine Ed's friends are going to be impressed by anybody who is so eager to disparage their buddy so oops, there's a circle of friends you can write off being included in.

It can't be any phony concern for Jillian. The ex-girlfriend doesn't know her so doesn't care about Jill's feelings. If one of Jillian's girlfriends had information of a situation akin to this, then I could see them spilling the beans because they actually would have a vested interest in Jillian's well being, but then again, a true friend wouldn't put it out on the internet.

So why exactly is the ex-gf/friend posting this stuff and sending it to a reality site where it can get wider distribution? It can only be out of a meanness of heart or wanting to hurt somebody. It's not going to hurt Ed - he has already either won Jillian's heart or he hasn't. IMO it hurts the purveyor, gets them some momentary attention and perhaps some sort of distorted satisfaction. It certainly doesn't say anything about that person's good character or trustworthiness as a friend.
    Let me be clear - I don't personally know the GF!

However, why do we immediately assume she is "EX" (although she may well be)..... what if they are still seeing each other, and he went on the show for similar reasons to Jesse on DeAnna's show: it would be good for business?

I think it is interesting that many are quick to believe that Wes HAS a girlfriend (even though Laurel says No and Wes said No); but few will believe the news that Ed had a girlfriend when he went on the show (and may still, although we would not know if that were true until the show is over).

Let's try and keep an open mind, not be to attached to anything, and just wait and see how it all plays out. If Ed is her F1 - then he has a girlfriend right now - Jill; if not F1, then it doesn't really matter.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by CaliGal;3535200;
    BINGO. I have stated before that Ed's departure / return makes no sense. It is very unlikely to start a new job (6 months), go dark for 4 weeks, return for 2 weeks and go dark for 3 weeks. I'm sure there is some truth to the GF rumor. I'm shocked that he would do this show for exposure. what exposure? in his profession, why would he want this?
    Caligal--hi--I don't think I've done this before--I weant to thank you for all the info you've given us about the type of career/job that you and Ed both have.
    It's been--for me anyway--very helpful in sorting out the "Ed Mess."

You seem to know a lot more about it than RS.

FORT Fanatic

I just don't get it, what does Ed get for going on "TV" and misleading a girlfriend, if thats what he did? It just doesn't make sense. I'm not saying he wasn't dating someone, but maybe to him it wasn't that serious. At least with Wes you can validate he went on to "get noticed" for his music. With Ed, I don't see the draw for him. It appears he is quite successful in his business... why would he go on TB and jeaporize that if he wasn't serious in tryiing to find a connection with Jillian? I can see that he may not be the best communicator (being a techie myself, its not one our strong points)... but why would he misrepresent himself if in fact he wasn't "single". I can see maybe starting to date someone between when he signed up for TB and when the filming started... but maybe it wasn't as serious to him. Maybe he found he really does have feeling for Jilly and felt he needed to go back and explain that to the girl he had started dating. I don't know Ed, but he doesn't seem like a slimball to me... but I'm sure he's hurt his share of women in the past... it doesn't mean he can't find "the one" at some point in his life.... it happens to most of us eventually. I don't think RS's scoop, even if it is semi-real, means Ed is a terrible guy.

Quote Originally Posted by maxkl;3537981;
    I just don't get it, what does Ed get for going on "TV" and misleading a girlfriend, if thats what he did? It just doesn't make sense. I'm not saying he wasn't dating someone, but maybe to him it wasn't that serious. At least with Wes you can validate he went on to "get noticed" for his music. With Ed, I don't see the draw for him. It appears he is quite successful in his business... why would he go on TB and jeaporize that if he wasn't serious in tryiing to find a connection with Jillian? I can see that he may not be the best communicator (being a techie myself, its not one our strong points)... but why would he misrepresent himself if in fact he wasn't "single". I can see maybe starting to date someone between when he signed up for TB and when the filming started... but maybe it wasn't as serious to him. Maybe he found he really does have feeling for Jilly and felt he needed to go back and explain that to the girl he had started dating. I don't know Ed, but he doesn't seem like a slimball to me... but I'm sure he's hurt his share of women in the past... it doesn't mean he can't find "the one" at some point in his life.... it happens to most of us eventually. I don't think RS's scoop, even if it is semi-real, means Ed is a terrible guy.

I agree. IT doesn't add up. It will be interesting to find out the real story...if we ever do

Quote Originally Posted by maxkl;3537981;
    I keep asking the same questions but have not yet had a response. It does seem so illogical! I would welcome either facts to substantiate or at least a logical explanation. Til that comes, I will keep on giving Ed the benefit of the doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3537949;
    Let me be clear - I don't personally know the GF!

However, why do we immediately assume she is "EX" (although she may well be)..... what if they are still seeing each other, and he went on the show for similar reasons to Jesse on DeAnna's show: it would be good for business?

I think it is interesting that many are quick to believe that Wes HAS a girlfriend (even though Laurel says No and Wes said No); but few will believe the news that Ed had a girlfriend when he went on the show (and may still, although we would not know if that were true until the show is over).

Let's try and keep an open mind, not be to attached to anything, and just wait and see how it all plays out. If Ed is her F1 - then he has a girlfriend right now - Jill; if not F1, then it doesn't really matter.

ITA. I think people are seeing the persona of Wes and Ed. Ed's persona comes off like a straight laced, conservative, non-player, mommas boy kinda guy...he looks good on paper too. I think there is a cloud over Wes and Ed right now.

RS is kind of doing the same thing that TPTB are: He wants to sell his merchandise, keep people reading his blog, and keep us interested in the "story." So the stuff about Ed and Wes being edited conversely. Seems like RS and we are having difficulty ferreting out the reality this season so we continue to watch. Now don't get me wrong, I loved RS blog from the beginning of The Bach and Bach'ette series, still find it quite amusing, and think some of the Fort'ers need to let go of their anger . But after scooping Jason's stint, he is trying way too hard to keep up his notoriety.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliGal;3538009;
    ITA. I think people are seeing the persona of Wes and Ed. Ed's persona comes off like a straight laced, conservative, non-player, mommas boy kinda guy...he looks good on paper too. I think there is a cloud over Wes and Ed right now.
    Well, one thing I am getting - thanks to RS or not; is that "bad boy" Wes may have some good boy in him...... and "good boy" Ed, may have some bad boy in him.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve