Page 46 of 140 FirstFirst ... 36373839404142434445464748495051525354555696 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelorette 5 - Reality Steve

Re: Bachelorette 5 - Reality Steve

Quote Originally Posted by ZG_Champion;3536583;
    But what makes you think it's loyalty to Ed as opposed to embarrassment and not wanting to be in the media spotlight.

RS explained that Laurel was neither with Brad nor Wes during the time either show was filming. Laurel's friend's father, who has a restaurant blog in Austin, confirms that Wes and Laurel had stopped dating before this season started, and says Laurel has asked him to write that she is most definitely a "bachelorette", as in unattached. Google "Rob Balon" and "food and wine news". It's the first entry under "Celebrity Sightings."

Can anyone confirm that Lindsey was not in a dating relationship with Ed during the filming?
    Lindsey could very well be an embarressed ex-gf; completely understandable that she wouldn't want to be in the media spotlight . More embarressing would being a gf considering one's bf's stint on TBette. Are gf's subject to the terms of confidentiality or would this be a supportive, loyal gf issue in your opinion?

Historically Addicted lovemygirls's Avatar

I find it very interesting that so many posters were so sure that RS was full of bs last season and lo and behold, he was pretty accurate. There was non-stop debate about his sources, his honesty, his word, it went on and on and on. I for one, believed him because you couldn't make up that s**t up, even if you tried, it had to have some semblance of truth to it and it did, in spades...I know there is still debate as to whether the whole thing was so scripted but in the end, what he said would happen did, and it shocked those that were unwilling to think that it was a possibility.

I don't know if he is correct this season about the latest shenanigans but the old saying that where there is smoke there is fire applies and I'm willing to bet that Ed and/or Jillian (hopefully not) just might get burnt.
    We need not think alike to love alike

FORT Fanatic

Boy, if this info is coming from a friend of Ed's scorned girl friend, I wouldn't want friends like her. Who needs friends like that who are going to broadcast your love life to the high heavens on multiple blogs?

What could possibly be gained by the ex-gf/friend spreading this story/rumor except to try to humiliate Ed? In my opinion, it humiliates the ex-gf more. It's certainly not going to create warm cuddly feelings with Ed that might induce him to go back to the old girlfriend. I don't imagine Ed's friends are going to be impressed by anybody who is so eager to disparage their buddy so oops, there's a circle of friends you can write off being included in.

It can't be any phony concern for Jillian. The ex-girlfriend doesn't know her so doesn't care about Jill's feelings. If one of Jillian's girlfriends had information of a situation akin to this, then I could see them spilling the beans because they actually would have a vested interest in Jillian's well being, but then again, a true friend wouldn't put it out on the internet.

So why exactly is the ex-gf/friend posting this stuff and sending it to a reality site where it can get wider distribution? It can only be out of a meanness of heart or wanting to hurt somebody. It's not going to hurt Ed - he has already either won Jillian's heart or he hasn't. IMO it hurts the purveyor, gets them some momentary attention and perhaps some sort of distorted satisfaction. It certainly doesn't say anything about that person's good character or trustworthiness as a friend.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by lovemygirls;3536657;
    I don't know if he is correct this season about the latest shenanigans but the old saying that where there is smoke there is fire applies and I'm willing to bet that Ed and/or Jillian (hopefully not) just might get burnt.
    Why would it burn Ed and/or Jillian? The show is over, done, filming is finished. It's not going to effect Jillian's choice amongst the F4. If Ed was Jillian's choice, I sure as heck hope they've already had multiple conversations about prior girl friends and various goings-on in their lives. The rumor itself has been making the rounds for many weeks so I'm sure they've already discussed it if it's pertinent. Having it written up in RS's blog today is not going to change a thing in their personal relationship, if they do indeed have one.

Quote Originally Posted by stickle;3536664;
    Boy, if this info is coming from a friend of Ed's scorned girl friend, I wouldn't want friends like her. Who needs friends like that who are going to broadcast your love life to the high heavens on multiple blogs?

What could possibly be gained by the ex-gf/friend spreading this story/rumor except to try to humiliate Ed? In my opinion, it humiliates the ex-gf more. It's certainly not going to create warm cuddly feelings with Ed that might induce him to go back to the old girlfriend. I don't imagine Ed's friends are going to be impressed by anybody who is so eager to disparage their buddy so oops, there's a circle of friends you can write off being included in.

It can't be any phony concern for Jillian. The ex-girlfriend doesn't know her so doesn't care about Jill's feelings. If one of Jillian's girlfriends had information of a situation akin to this, then I could see them spilling the beans because they actually would have a vested interest in Jillian's well being, but then again, a true friend wouldn't put it out on the internet.

So why exactly is the ex-gf/friend posting this stuff and sending it to a reality site where it can get wider distribution? It can only be out of a meanness of heart or wanting to hurt somebody. It's not going to hurt Ed - he has already either won Jillian's heart or he hasn't. IMO it hurts the purveyor, gets them some momentary attention and perhaps some sort of distorted satisfaction. It certainly doesn't say anything about that person's good character or trustworthiness as a friend.
    Per the bolded part of your post:

I think that it very well could be that the ex is concerned about another woman getting hurt by Ed. Now, I am NOT saying that it is completely true nor that Ed is a total slimeball or anything, HOWEVER if he is don't you think that the ex would want to warn someone so that they don't go through the heartache if at all possible?!?

The reason I say that this could be true (the ex not wanting Jillian to get hurt) is that when my ex and I were going through our divorce he was dating another woman who had two sons. I knew about her, her name, but was not friends or even friendly with her. I did see her out and about one night without him, bought her a drink and told her what she had in store for her if she married him down the road. She thought that I wanted him back (not even close) so she chose to ignore me. I wanted to warn her to protect herself and her children. She married him anyway and low and behold he hurt the 3 of them. She came to me later and thanked me for trying to warn her.

The ex could simply know something about Ed that would be hurtfull to another woman and she may want to protect any other women that Ed appears to be interested in. I'm sure that most people agree that is best to make a decision about marrying someone when you know all of the facts.

Historically Addicted lovemygirls's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stickle;3536671;
    Why would it burn Ed and/or Jillian? The show is over, done, filming is finished. It's not going to effect Jillian's choice amongst the F4. If Ed was Jillian's choice, I sure as heck hope they've already had multiple conversations about prior girl friends and various goings-on in their lives. The rumor itself has been making the rounds for many weeks so I'm sure they've already discussed it if it's pertinent. Having it written up in RS's blog today is not going to change a thing in their personal relationship, if they do indeed have one.

That is my opinion like it or not.
    We need not think alike to love alike

I should have posted this in here..
    BTW Scoop I sleuthed who this (RS Lindsey) Lindsey Johnson is based on Ed's Microsoft Windows Live.

This is what Im wondering. All this time, Ed's Windows Live, says he is single even before Bachelorette was shown. If Im the girlfriend I'll be really p*ssed! Im not even a girlfriend on his Windows Live. :/

PS Sorry if you guys already are email buddies with this Lindsey Johnson I was just proud of myself that I found a bit of her info so easy
    Last edited by hepcat; 07-02-2009 at 02:11 AM.

I find it very interesting that so many posters were so sure that RS was full of bs last season and lo and behold, he was pretty accurate. There was non-stop debate about his sources, his honesty, his word, it went on and on and on. I for one, believed him because you couldn't make up that s**t up, even if you tried, it had to have some semblance of truth to it and it did, in spades...I know there is still debate as to whether the whole thing was so scripted but in the end, what he said would happen did, and it shocked those that were unwilling to think that it was a possibility.

I agree with you. Where there is smoke there is fire. RS is a data point and he is entertaining. He may not be 100% but close enough to give us an idea that something is just not right. With Jason, no one knew how bad it came down afterwards...Jason was on his apology tour within 24 hours. Let's see what happens with Wes and Ed. Jake is coming out clean so far...most people seem to love him.

...especially since he put out there right up front that he has no inside track this time. Whatever he gets now is the result of people coming to him accompanied by him trying to confirm those tidbits through his sources. I've no doubt that he's got better connections than most but I also hear him when clarifies that something is "the story" versus a confirmed scoop. It means that he has a hunch that the story is sound but he prides himself on not presenting stories as fact. It's a fine line between wanting to be onto the story early, following one's hunch, and having the story confirmed. If it turns out to be bogus, he can always go back and quote what he really said instead of what is inferred. It's a tough spot that he's in. Gotta be careful after one becomes known for being the first with the story. People might take advantage and latch on in order to get their own story spread.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by snarkattack222;3536678;
    I should have posted this in here..
    BTW Scoop I sleuthed who this (RS Lindsey) Lindsey Johnson is based on Ed's Microsoft Windows Live.
    I just answered you in that thread that you corrorborate RS's info. Lindsey Johnson is on Facebook and friends with Ed. She's in Chicago, and like Ed, attended MSU. On Linked In, she says her job is Litigation Services Consultant (basically an IT consultant to law firms.) They sure have a lot in common.

I believe RS has not spoken with her and she did not contact him, it was a friend of her's who did. (And yes, as someone else has said, it could be a friend who posted on the forums and went to RS after not getting enough reaction on the boards. But it also could be her information to RS was correct.)

This still doesn't confirm she and Ed are or were in a relationship when he went on the show, but their being friends on Facebook confirms they know each other (or at least agreed to accept one another as FB friends.)