Page 45 of 140 FirstFirst ... 35363738394041424344454647484950515253545595 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelorette 5 - Reality Steve

Re: Bachelorette 5 - Reality Steve

The thing is - he doesn't just make up stuff for the fun of it. He doesn't care if you agree or disagree; read him or not. He does like putting the truth out there and exposing the story. As far as I have seen he takes time to validate what he writes, he does not justify that his facts are true for "sensationalism" but because he wants to be upfront and honest about it. IMO
    I am not saying that everything he says is absolute truth, but I do feel that he has researched as best he could, and that what he writes - he believes to be true.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by chopstickchick;3536046;
    SDL is posting that Ed is definitely a major player. SDL is a very trusted poster. Other very trusted posters, along with some newer posters, have posted similar accounts. Even if these girls really were exes or casual, for them or their friends to be SO upset with Ed to come posting everywhere they can to warn people about him, makes me think there is SOME truth to all of this. Not that he's a horrible person or as bad as some are trying to make him out to be, but there's gotta be a grain of truth in all the negativity surrounding Ed
    Plus this is a lot of activity for someone who reportedly "doesn't date much".

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3536059;
    I agree.
    When RS made his claim that Jason would pick Melissa then dump her for Molly a lot of people thought he was full of it. It is the same thing now. Denial, no one wants to believe the Steve could possibly be right, as it would break the "Ed is perfect for Jill" theory.

I guess we will wait and see whether he is right, yet again, or not!
    To begin with, very few believed RS at first about Jason choosing Mel and then dumping her for Molly. By the end of the show, I think just about all of us believed it, except my husband. Most of us had Jason up on this pedestal, just like we do with most of the Bachor/ettes at first. We end up being disallusioned just about every time.

Jason so blew me out of the water last season that I still don't have a favorite this seaason because I just don't want to get invested in one of these guys just to be disappointed. I wouldn't be disappointed at all if she just decided at the end that none of them were right for her.

As for Ed, I was one those who thought "Ed is perfect for Jill", but I don't know about that now. I don't see any of her F4 that could be her "prince charming". When Ed left, it did cross my mind that he was going home to break up with a gf since it happened right after the blowup at the RC over somebody having a gf. He did have a funny look on his face when the gf business was brought up at the RC. I do believe he likes Jill a lot though.

Was reading Melissa's twitter (she confirms her engagement) and she was answering someone's question about The Bachelorette. She said she was watching and she thought Michael was sweet, but she would pick Reid for "Jilly". Hey, after all Mel is good friends with Jill and should know her type of guy.

Of the F4, Reid (I think) has commitment issues and maybe Kiptyn as well. Ed, well I don't know after all these gf rumors and I think we can pretty much sum up Wes as a complete jerk and just sleazy. To quote someone else on here, he looks like an unmade bed all the time and I agree with them that I don't see what in the world she sees in him. Wes in the only one that I would be totally disappointed with if she chose him. If I were her, I would have stopped off at one of Brad Womack's bars while I was in Austin on Wes' HTD and got a little advice from him.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook;3535415;
    She has a name, and Reality Steve mentioned it. If you were her would you jump feet first into a media/tabloid circus and be chomping at the bit to discuss how your boyfriend is playing around on national tv? I wouldn't. I don't see how this scenario in any way reflects on her. She didn't come forward, some friend of hers did. Reality Steve is trying to contact her, at this time she's not willing to talk to him---that's what he says right there in his blog. Reality Steve said nothing about a woman who wouldn't take no for an answer. I can't believe how quick everyone seems to be to believe that Ed couldn't possibly have a girlfriend at home and that if he does it must be some obsessed ex who won't let him go. Has no one ever heard of guys who play women and have multiple girlfriends?? I didn't think they were urban legends, I thought it had been verified that they really exist. Why would this be so shocking?
    CHEEKYCHOOKS FOR PRESIDENT OF FORT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Frog;3536499;
    I second the motion Blue Frog!
    "I need to stop talking about shoes before I get tabbed to judge some gay fashion show, or get a call from Tanner to hang out." sdl

Quote Originally Posted by pavalygurl;3536417;
    Plus this is a lot of activity for someone who reportedly "doesn't date much".
    I don't have a problem envisioning a "major player" hitting 30 - or whatever magical age it is that they have defined for themselves to be - the one where they see themselves settling down and ready for marriage and family. Imo, far more marriages are based on timing rather than on finding "the one". One can meet the perfect person forever but, when the timing is not right, they'll find all sorts of reasons for it not being right. Then, even a short time later, they're ready and they marry the very next person they date in quick time. Of course, it sucks to be the gal(s?) who hung in there (not quite long enough?) who was hoping to have her loyalty be rewarded with being the one he settled down with but did he think of her (plural?) that way or did he just see her as someone to - *cough, cough* - "date"? We all know stories like that and Ed, Mr. Agenda Driven, could very well fit that mold, imo. Isn't this show, according to TPTB, about the perils of the dating rather than the romance and the true love? A short while ago, Ed's business could well have been his primary focus and now that they've landed the big contract and his future, and that of his coworkers/employees seems secure, he's ripe to move forward with the marriage and family.

Or maybe he's ready to move on to becoming the techie guru on the morning news.
    Last edited by justsaying; 07-01-2009 at 12:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Frog;3536499;
    But will "the gf" be the queen of Ed's heart? Will loyalty be rewarded?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by justsaying;3536522;
    But will "the gf" be the queen of Ed's heart? Will loyalty be rewarded?

But what makes you think it's loyalty to Ed as opposed to embarrassment and not wanting to be in the media spotlight.

RS explained that Laurel was neither with Brad nor Wes during the time either show was filming. Laurel's friend's father, who has a restaurant blog in Austin, confirms that Wes and Laurel had stopped dating before this season started, and says Laurel has asked him to write that she is most definitely a "bachelorette", as in unattached. Google "Rob Balon" and "food and wine news". It's the first entry under "Celebrity Sightings."

Can anyone confirm that Lindsey was not in a dating relationship with Ed during the filming?

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by castina;3535210;
    Finally got through to his blog but in RS may I delay my main point and muse how fortunate he was to get this "scoop" at the same time hes holding this amazing $3 off t-shirt sale that wont last long folks so order quickly before you notice that while my credibility has been taking a big hit lately and people are mocking my interviews with my twitter clique.

And speaking of my twitter clique let me wax on for paragraphs about why I never have anything of substance in interviews and articles of late being the fault of ABC/Fleiss as they dangle 5$million lawsuit threats over their heads. And speaking of my twitter clique let me spend 90% of my recap defending Wes whos a great friend of someone I worship and believe to be one of the greatest reality stars this decade. And while were talking about Wes and how understandable it is that some people have girlfriends because this whole process of going on the show takes months bla bla bla allow me to throw out a bomb to drum up traffic and get people back on my wagon but telling you all that .....

Ignore the fact that this "scoop" has been flying around the internet for some time now that my source finally got desperate enough to contact me because she wasnt getting the reaction she wanted on various message boards but Ill even put a name to her and leak two texts and you must imply from them that Ed is stringing along Jillian and is the scoundrel with the GF.

Oh and remember, $3 discount, wont last long so get your orders in.

-------------------------------------------

Honestly he gave you nothing but a name. Bloomers gave us a better picture of what is probably going on without the attention seeking innuendo of some little blogger who wants to be worshipped and has an unhealty obsession with TB. It dismays me that this guy gets any respect from people, he isnt amusing, he isnt funny, hes nothing more than a frat boy type who makes crude jokes and strokes himself while stroking the egos of a handful of wannabees.
    I'm a bit late with this but castina, may I say I love you! What a fabulous post. Every. Single. Word. Of. It.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook;3535415;
    She has a name, and Reality Steve mentioned it. If you were her would you jump feet first into a media/tabloid circus and be chomping at the bit to discuss how your boyfriend is playing around on national tv? I wouldn't. I don't see how this scenario in any way reflects on her. She didn't come forward, some friend of hers did. Reality Steve is trying to contact her, at this time she's not willing to talk to him---that's what he says right there in his blog. Reality Steve said nothing about a woman who wouldn't take no for an answer. I can't believe how quick everyone seems to be to believe that Ed couldn't possibly have a girlfriend at home and that if he does it must be some obsessed ex who won't let him go. Has no one ever heard of guys who play women and have multiple girlfriends?? I didn't think they were urban legends, I thought it had been verified that they really exist. Why would this be so shocking?
    I would have loved my friends dearly for their support, but I would have appreciated it more if they had honored my privacy so that I could have avoided the humiliation that this kind of publicity brings.