Page 44 of 140 FirstFirst ... 34353637383940414243444546474849505152535494 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelorette 5 - Reality Steve

Re: Bachelorette 5 - Reality Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Living;3536099;
    RS has just reminded me of everything I hate about reality tv. He writes a long blog about how there is nothing wrong about Wes having a "friend". Gave examples of past contestants having friends. Explains it away so we do not find fault with Wes. Then in the next breadth he says Ed has someone he dated who thinks they may be dating still. starting a rumour with insinuations. Doesn't the girl know if she has a boyfriend or not? And he goes to continue the show without telling her. If she was a girlfriend (contender), he would be worried she will drop him. But, the supposed girlfriend wants to know if they are/can date others. I definitely will not even pose such a question to my boyfriend. If we are in a relationship, It is agreed that we do not date others or the relationship is off. Just the fact that she suposedly asked that question begs the question if they really were in a relatinship, or if they dated and slept together a number of times and were not girlfriend boyfriend at all??

And, he could go kiss, fondle another woman (Jill) and the suposed girlfriend will be waiting for him! sounds incredulous.

If Ed has a girlfriend, so does Wes. And whatever will be raked up to take the heat off Wes. It is a familiar tactic to turn the controversy elsewhere when the fire is getting too close for comfort.
    Good post, I hadn't thought of it this way

I don't know if Ed has a girlfriend or not, but I think it's amusing that RS contradicted himself in his latest expose'. When he was talking about the Jake/Wes confrontation concerning Wes's girlfriend, RS states that if you don’t believe Wes, and you actually think that he went on this show with a serious girlfriend; knowing she probably would notice the guy is gone for over a month, probably going to find out the reason for it when she sits down to watch the show, and then realizes what he was on the show for, well then, you are much more gullible than I (RS) thought.

Then he goes on to say: I (RS) really am amazed at how many people are believing what they’re seeing. Here’s a general rule for most of the guys (and girls probably) who go on this show: I think most of them who go on have “girlfriends” back home. Ones that, if things don’t work out, they can always go back to. Lets face it, for the most part, the guys that appear on these shows are decent looking guys. Probably isn’t hard for them to get dates. So yeah, to say Wes, or any of the other guys for that matter, don’t have someone back home that they are “friends with” back home, would be pretty ignorant.

The next couple of paragraphs down he goes on about the email he received concerning Ed having a girlfriend & wants her to contact him.

I have a scoop..........I have a source that told me that several weeks ago, Jillian had 4 boyfriends at the same time.

Sorry, just trying to lighten the mood a little.
    “When life kicks you, let it kick you forward.” Kay Yow

Quote Originally Posted by science_geek;3535739;
    Sorry to quote your post, because this really is in response to many posts and yours is just one that mentions it, but it is confusing to me how for the past few weeks so many people can't believe the whole had to leave for work set up because how could Ed have calls with his boss when those are not allowed???? And now so many people believe that Ed was in contact with a girl (via phone, text, whatever) while in Spain.

Mmmmm seems to me you can't have it both ways.

I don't know if Ed has a girlfriend or not, but I like so many don't see the point of coming on this show if you have a girlfriend because it all comes out and you look like scum. You're on TV for goodness' sake. And what does Ed have to promote by this? I don't think any of them had current 'real' girlfriends going onto this show mainly for this reason. Maybe they had friends they hooked up with or someone they went out with a few times, or yes, someone who thought they were more than they were or couldn't get over it not going where they wanted. Even Wes' situation all seems scripted and fake with Jillian in on it (and I can't stand Wes).

Either way, *sometimes* where there's smoke there's not fire, just a few people trying to fan the flames of a dying ember. Who knows. Maybe there's a raging inferno. I don't think RS knows either way to be honest.....
    I know you weren't responding to me specifically, but let me tell you my viewpoint. I watch the show to sleuth, it's a nice who-dun-it type thrill for me. I don't have a pony in this race, no favorite. I have taken up for every guy, including Ed.

I don't take RS's word as holy grail but I do think the basic gist could fit with what Bloomers has reported. I think after last season it is more likely that things will drop in his lap, and if it is sensationalistic enough he will pass along the goods. Many attacked him and refused to believe when he broke the story on Jason and Mel. Many screamed foul and said that "Jason wouldn't do that." These are simply characters in a tv show that is anything but real and I don't think we can anticipate or underestimate what they would really do as we do not know them personally.

I do think it is feasible that he would have a phone during taping because I know that people smuggle them in (have taken up for Ed concerning this). I do think it is feasible to have a work emergency, and I highly accept and support him choosing his job over a girl who is dating 9 other guys (have taken up for Ed concerning this). But when I saw the episode myself and he asked to keep the rose, I knew that this was a scripted twist and that he knew he would be returning all along. If Jillian was in on it, then cool beans. If not then they are manipulating her emotions and he was party to that.

SDL which was spot-on during the Jason/Mel saga has also been able to come forward with what they have learned through their sources. IF any of these guys had a girlfriend, friend with benefits, gal pal they called up when lonely it is okay as long as they break off that relationship before they come to do the show. It's as simple as that to me. No texting girls when you are there to fall in love with someone else. Don't keep the soup on the backburner while the roast is in the oven.

Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam;3535284;
    The first mention of the frankenbite phenomenon here at the Fort was on June 21, 2005. Yes you read that correctly , 2005.
    Here's the link. Reality TV Show Writers Want to Unionize
    Another link that should be required reading for serious viewers and, of course, show participants. Thanks for reminding us of this article.

Quote Originally Posted by Starshine_16;3535131;
    If Ed does have a gf waiting back home I hope Jilly did not choose him.If she did choose him and the gf thing is true then my heart hurts for her because she is likely to be hurt again.
    Unless she had her head screwed on straight and picked "Reid"

Quote Originally Posted by nutty1;3535137;
    I love that RS wrote this today. It's going to put so many people in a frenzy!! Joker's is probably ready to lynch him!!
    Nutty this craked me up. Guess the Jedplain will be going in for a crash landing.

Quote Originally Posted by wing;3535141;
    What about the first mistake he made of going on the show?
    I'll bet about now he wants to

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by SaffronSunrise;3536125;
    I don't know if Ed has a girlfriend or not, but I think it's amusing that RS contradicted himself in his latest expose'. When he was talking about the Jake/Wes confrontation concerning Wes's girlfriend, RS states that if you don’t believe Wes, and you actually think that he went on this show with a serious girlfriend; knowing she probably would notice the guy is gone for over a month, probably going to find out the reason for it when she sits down to watch the show, and then realizes what he was on the show for, well then, you are much more gullible than I (RS) thought.

Then he goes on to say: I (RS) really am amazed at how many people are believing what they’re seeing. Here’s a general rule for most of the guys (and girls probably) who go on this show: I think most of them who go on have “girlfriends” back home. Ones that, if things don’t work out, they can always go back to. Lets face it, for the most part, the guys that appear on these shows are decent looking guys. Probably isn’t hard for them to get dates. So yeah, to say Wes, or any of the other guys for that matter, don’t have someone back home that they are “friends with” back home, would be pretty ignorant.

The next couple of paragraphs down he goes on about the email he received concerning Ed having a girlfriend & wants her to contact him.

I have a scoop..........I have a source that told me that several weeks ago, Jillian had 4 boyfriends at the same time.

Sorry, just trying to lighten the mood a little.

You beat me to it. I just finished RS and was coming here to post this exact thing. Great minds and all!

Quote Originally Posted by JoLena;3536241;
    Unless she had her head screwed on straight and picked "Reid"
    I am hopeful that she had her head screwed on straight and picked either Kip or Reid.
    "I need to stop talking about shoes before I get tabbed to judge some gay fashion show, or get a call from Tanner to hang out." sdl

I am hopeful that she had her head screwed on straight and consider the edited version of all of the contenders to be presented for my entertainment rather than for me to judge who is best suited to her. That's her job to figure out and I'm guessing that portion of the process doesn't make for very entertaining tv.