Page 43 of 140 FirstFirst ... 33343536373839404142434445464748495051525393 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelorette 5 - Reality Steve

FORT Fogey

Re: Bachelorette 5 - Reality Steve

Quote Originally Posted by wendyrk;3535403;
    But what does an email prove? And a name? I feel differently because I've emailed RS before about other things and do you know how easy it would be to email him some false information that I claim to know as the truth? I just don't see how that is concrete proof. Anyone agree?

Bloomers, whom I trust much more than RS or Bluefrog or the other posters, has come forward with information that completely contradicts all these rumors.

RS also said last week that Wes would be leaving after HTD, without a doubt. WRONG!!!

This guy had 2 relationships of some magnitude going surrounding the timing of the filming. It sounds to me that it is not clear to anybody but Ed what the EXACT status was at the time of these two relationships. In fact, it is extremely unclear.

It sounds to me like most of what is being spread is compliments of the friends of the long time GF that the family said is now in just friendship mode. Exactly what the status of that relationship was and/or is evidently doesn't mean the same thing to everybody. I have no idea what it really is.

The other relationship is the one that appears to me to have been far more casual. That one also seems to me to be the one that maybe the two of them didn't perhaps view it in the same way.

Are either of the two relationships still viable? That isn't a given either. It sounds like the answer is no from what I have heard whether it is on his side or on hers.

I never heard anybody's name given though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3535906;
    This guy had 2 relationships of some magnitude going surrounding the timing of the filming. It sounds to me that it is not clear to anybody but Ed what the EXACT status was at the time of these two relationships. In fact, it is extremely unclear.

It sounds to me like most of what is being spread is compliments of the friends of the long time GF that the family said is now in just friendship mode. Exactly what the status of that relationship was and/or is evidently doesn't mean the same thing to everybody. I have no idea what it really is.

The other relationship is the one that appears to me to have been far more casual. That one also seems to me to be the one that maybe the two of them didn't perhaps view it in the same way.

Are either of the two relationships still viable? That isn't a given either. It sounds like the answer is no from what I have heard whether it is on his side or on hers.

I never heard anybody's name given though.
    and if thats true...I dont see where the whole anger about ed is coming from, and as far as him lying about his work, Microsoft confirmed he works there....Whats the big deal if one of these guys were casual dating before the show??To me its more of a love story then, they didnt expect to fall in love but they did?who knows...thank god Im not a fan of one more than the other

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by beth0419;3535915;
    and if thats true...I dont see where the whole anger about ed is coming from, and as far as him lying about his work, Microsoft confirmed he works there....Whats the big deal if one of these guys were casual dating before the show??To me its more of a love story then, they didnt expect to fall in love but they did?who knows...thank god Im not a fan of one more than the other
    I do see why people are upset. What people would like is for these guys to be completely clear of a relationship when they go onto a show whether that means they had a relationship the last month that is done- kaput- or last year. The girl doesn't still think she is somehow connected - in any way even loosely to the guy.

That said, I do have to agree with those who are saying that men and women view dating differently, and whereas a woman may view several dates as a relationship, a man may not.

I think that if Ed was in a casual dating or "friends with benefits" type relationship at the time of the show, it would explain why Jill made a statement earlier about not expecting the guy to be celibate for months beforehand. If he is her F1, she is excusing his behavior that others may find questionable, and in essence telling us that she is okay with it.

Quote Originally Posted by EddieSpaghetty;3535753;
    I agree with you...he's backtracking on a couple things this year. I just think this was a girl he might have dated, like 99% of contestants that go on the show...he also said it was a rumor going around, not a FACT. He has no evidence (ie. Jason/Mel emails) like he did last year to prove his rumor true.
    EddieSpaghetty, are you Ed??!

Quote Originally Posted by Parasolpink;3535780;
    "Dr Love" lacks a genuine bedside manner! Nurse!!!
    Wether he has a girlfriend or two wives, it's not relevant. We need to just ponder his behaviour with Jillian. How he treats her.
    IF he was texting girlfriend(s) at home while he was filming the show that IS RELEVANT to how he treats Jillian. Just saying...
    "Reality is merely an illusion, although a very persistent one." - Einstein

Karen Stivali - author and very cheeky chook

Quote Originally Posted by beth0419;3535915;
    SDL is posting that Ed is definitely a major player. SDL is a very trusted poster. Other very trusted posters, along with some newer posters, have posted similar accounts. Even if these girls really were exes or casual, for them or their friends to be SO upset with Ed to come posting everywhere they can to warn people about him, makes me think there is SOME truth to all of this. Not that he's a horrible person or as bad as some are trying to make him out to be, but there's gotta be a grain of truth in all the negativity surrounding Ed

Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook;3536042;
    IF he was texting girlfriend(s) at home while he was filming the show that IS RELEVANT to how he treats Jillian. Just saying...
    I agree.
    When RS made his claim that Jason would pick Melissa then dump her for Molly a lot of people thought he was full of it. It is the same thing now. Denial, no one wants to believe the Steve could possibly be right, as it would break the "Ed is perfect for Jill" theory.

I guess we will wait and see whether he is right, yet again, or not!
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by trisha22;3535729;
    According to "peoplesoft" technical consultants in the Chicago area depending on experience make between 102,000 - 145,000. 2% higher than average nationwide. Being he had his own company at one time I would believe his salary would be closer to the higher amount.
    From first hand experience, I can tell you that owning your own company doesn't always translate to receiving a great salary. I'm not sure how long Ed's company has been around, but in today's world, just the cost of doing business...rent, supplies, inventory, medical/workmen's comp. insurance, attorneys, accountants, taxes, etc., etc., etc.; can leave next to nothing for the principles during the start up years. Like myself, most entrepreneurs I have known live on credit cards during the beginning years so they can pay their employees. Not to mention that the last few years have been tough on even the most established and successful companies. My guess would be that Ed does well, but is not yet at the independently-wealthy level.

I would also like to say that if he is a contractor for Microsoft through his company, he would still consider them as his employer (boss) during the time he is working on their project.

JMO

FORT Fogey

RS has just reminded me of everything I hate about reality tv. He writes a long blog about how there is nothing wrong about Wes having a "friend". Gave examples of past contestants having friends. Explains it away so we do not find fault with Wes. Then in the next breadth he says Ed has someone he dated who thinks they may be dating still. starting a rumour with insinuations. Doesn't the girl know if she has a boyfriend or not? And he goes to continue the show without telling her. If she was a girlfriend (contender), he would be worried she will drop him. But, the supposed girlfriend wants to know if they are/can date others. I definitely will not even pose such a question to my boyfriend. If we are in a relationship, It is agreed that we do not date others or the relationship is off. Just the fact that she suposedly asked that question begs the question if they really were in a relatinship, or if they dated and slept together a number of times and were not girlfriend boyfriend at all??

And, he could go kiss, fondle another woman (Jill) and the suposed girlfriend will be waiting for him! sounds incredulous.

If Ed has a girlfriend, so does Wes. And whatever will be raked up to take the heat off Wes. It is a familiar tactic to turn the controversy elsewhere when the fire is getting too close for comfort.