Page 42 of 140 FirstFirst ... 32333435363738394041424344454647484950515292 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelorette 5 - Reality Steve

FORT Newbie

Re: Bachelorette 5 - Reality Steve

Quote Originally Posted by 1blue1pink;3535569;
    The girlfriend was told various "stories" by Ed on his whereabouts. Put it this way: he wasn't honest with his whereabouts and what he was doing.
    Are they aloud to tell people they are on the show?

Quote Originally Posted by deidre1985;3535493;
    Hey, Jesse had a GF and he was F1 so Ed could have been dating someone as men don't usually say they have a GF until you actually sit down and talk about it and she thought there was more to it than that. In any event, Ed still could be F1.
    I remember that many people poo pooed and dismissed the Jesse rumors as well and called the alleged girlfriend crazy and a stalker, especially when it was learned that he might be F1. We are all free to believe or not believe the stories, but I would ask everyone who is so sure that this couldn't have a shred of truth to it if they would feel the same way if the rumor being floated around were not about their favorite, but about someone they didn't care for.

I also love hearing all about what Ed's motivations are, how wealthy he is, how smart and sincere he must be, in light of all the teasing about fans of Reid imagining out of whole cloth his whole personality without an iota of factual evidence.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by ZG_Champion;3535587;
    How do you know how much he makes with Microsoft? How do you reconcile his having just gotten the job with Microsoft a few months before filming (according to his mother)? Did he fold his own company before going with Microsoft? Was his company kaput and he needed a job? Or, was Microsoft a client and he misrepresented his client as a boss in his excuse to leave scene? And why, if he still has his own company, did he take its website down? There is just so much that doesn't make sense about the way his story has been presented.

He doesn't own his own home (according to publicly available records) so why are you so sure he has money? I'm not saying he doesn't, just that I haven't seen the evidence that he does. If you have some info, I hope you will share.
    According to "peoplesoft" technical consultants in the Chicago area depending on experience make between 102,000 - 145,000. 2% higher than average nationwide. Being he had his own company at one time I would believe his salary would be closer to the higher amount.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by trisha22;3535729;
    According to "peoplesoft" technical consultants in the Chicago area depending on experience make between 102,000 - 145,000. 2% higher than average nationwide. Being he had his own company at one time I would believe his salary would be closer to the higher amount.
    That amount is a nice salary for a single guy, but by no means would I saw wealthy in this day and age and him living in Chicago

Quote Originally Posted by xseannax;3535436;
    I've read Bloomers info and I don't think it completely contradicts what RS is saying at all.

Face it...close friend, girlfriend, friends with benefits whatever this girl was Jillian had the right to know that Ed was still communicating with the girl while he was in Spain with her. I have no tolerance for gray area when he was there supposedly because he was falling in love with Jillian. It is true that most of the times females and males see the gf/bf relationship differently..to a female 2-3 dates and he is your boyfriend. For a guy it may be 6 months of dating before he considers someone a girlfriend.

BUT if you are going on a show that has the premise of meeting someone, falling in love, and getting engaged THEN TIE UP ALL YOUR LOOSE ENDS BEFORE STEPPING FOOT ON SET.
    Sorry to quote your post, because this really is in response to many posts and yours is just one that mentions it, but it is confusing to me how for the past few weeks so many people can't believe the whole had to leave for work set up because how could Ed have calls with his boss when those are not allowed???? And now so many people believe that Ed was in contact with a girl (via phone, text, whatever) while in Spain.

Mmmmm seems to me you can't have it both ways.

I don't know if Ed has a girlfriend or not, but I like so many don't see the point of coming on this show if you have a girlfriend because it all comes out and you look like scum. You're on TV for goodness' sake. And what does Ed have to promote by this? I don't think any of them had current 'real' girlfriends going onto this show mainly for this reason. Maybe they had friends they hooked up with or someone they went out with a few times, or yes, someone who thought they were more than they were or couldn't get over it not going where they wanted. Even Wes' situation all seems scripted and fake with Jillian in on it (and I can't stand Wes).

Either way, *sometimes* where there's smoke there's not fire, just a few people trying to fan the flames of a dying ember. Who knows. Maybe there's a raging inferno. I don't think RS knows either way to be honest.....

Quote Originally Posted by chopstickchick;3535538;
    what's it called when there are several people saying the same thing?
    the telephone game....
    Last edited by science_geek; 06-30-2009 at 05:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3535429;
    I don't believe it. I think RS doesn't have a source anymore.
    I agree with you...he's backtracking on a couple things this year. I just think this was a girl he might have dated, like 99% of contestants that go on the show...he also said it was a rumor going around, not a FACT. He has no evidence (ie. Jason/Mel emails) like he did last year to prove his rumor true.

Quote Originally Posted by trisha22;3535419;
    I don't want to keep bringing this up...but to me it is so important....Why would Ed go on national TV to meet and possibly marry a girl, if he had a serious girlfriend back home....the man is smart and sensible..he wouldn't be where he is careerwise if not....

If there was a girl she was not someone he hoped to someday marry, or he would never have gone on this show...he had nothing to gain by going on,
    To play devil's advocate regarding the bolded part of your post... It was argued that a doctor would have nothing to gain by going on the show.

Be sure to catch Travis Stork on The Doctors and it's not too late to buy his book, Don't Be That Girl.

Quote Originally Posted by justsaying;3535754;
    To play devil's advocate regarding the bolded part of your post... It was argued that a doctor would have nothing to gain by going on the show.

Be sure to catch Travis Stork on The Doctors and it's not too late to buy his book, Don't Be That Girl.
    The supposed "girlfriend" did say that Ed was doing it so he could get a spinoff. This could be the Bachelor but then she'd be an even bigger loser, or maybe they are giving Ed his own show where he plays "Doctor Love", your online dating guru.

Quote Originally Posted by Phyllie;3535764;
    The supposed "girlfriend" did say that Ed was doing it so he could get a spinoff. This could be the Bachelor but then she'd be an even bigger loser, or maybe they are giving Ed his own show where he plays "Doctor Love", your online dating guru.
    "Dr Love" lacks a genuine bedside manner! Nurse!!!
    Wether he has a girlfriend or two wives, it's not relevant. We need to just ponder his behaviour with Jillian. How he treats her.
    Last edited by Parasolpink; 06-30-2009 at 05:59 PM.
    "No matter how lovesick a woman is, she shouldn't take the first pill that comes along!"Joyce Brothers