Page 41 of 140 FirstFirst ... 31323334353637383940414243444546474849505191 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelorette 5 - Reality Steve

Re: Bachelorette 5 - Reality Steve

Quote Originally Posted by chopstickchick;3535538;
    what's it called when there are several people saying the same thing?
    a rumor that has legs

FORT Fan

Who says she was only suspicious (or upset) only the second time he left??
    Then why not break up with him? I thought according to Bloomers's sources (and forgive me if I'm wrong), she knew he went on the show. I'm not going to malign her because people do behave differently, but a lot of things aren't adding up. If he was my boyfriend, he'd be dumped so fast for joining a dating show. And if he was just a casual hook up, well that would be the end of it. Why even agree to be strung along? It doesn't make sense to me which is why I continue to be inclined to give the person I do "know" more relatively speaking (Ed and not whoever(s) are spreading this story) the benefit of the doubt until there's more proof than Internet gossip. I know that long time posters have their sources, but I don't think being a long time poster gives anyone a free pass to the point where I would have to put aside my own instincts; it's going to require more than that for me. It's still second or third hand information to me. No offense to anyone. JMO.

what's it called when there are several people saying the same thing?
    Rumors. There may be something to it on some level. Doesn't mean that what RS is saying necessarily the exact or entire truth. JMO.

And for the record, I would be this adamant about any contestant which is why I feel like Wes is getting a raw deal as well.
    Last edited by loveski; 06-30-2009 at 04:27 PM.

The girlfriend was told various "stories" by Ed on his whereabouts. Put it this way: he wasn't honest with his whereabouts and what he was doing.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by dlejhunt;3535410;
    You guys know that the posters on the other sites (no names mentioned here, cough cough) use the spoilers posted here on FORT as their source?

The person who posted about Ed's GF on that other "pitiful" site was just repeating a rumor read here...which is the same thing that Reality Steve has been doing this season. So it's no wonder that these rumors are all over the internet, when they get posted here and then re-posted as fact on several other sites.
    Actually, the first I heard rumors of Ed having a girlfriend were on another board, not FORT. The poster was from Chicago, relaying info they read on a non-Bachelorette-related board. It was dated May 20, two days after the premiere. This was way back when we thought baseball-player-Mike was the guy in the Seville fountain, not Ed.

That's not to say it's a fact, but this rumor has had legs for quite a while.

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie;3535572;
    Actually, the first I heard rumors of Ed having a girlfriend were on another board, not FORT. The poster was from Chicago, relaying info they read on a non-Bachelorette-related board. It was dated May 20, two days after the premiere. This was way back when we thought baseball-player-Mike was the guy in the Seville fountain, not Ed.

That's an interesting fact - thanks for sharing.
    Saving one dog does not change the world, but it does change the world of that one dog.

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie;3535572;

Actually I first heard of Ed NOT having a girlfriend on another board. This was a LONG time poster who said that her boyfriend is good friends with Ed and that he is fabulous but doesn't date much. This was BEFORE anyone was talking about him having a gf.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by trisha22;3535465;
    Ed makes enough money with Microsoft to go on a vacation in Spain anytime he would want...he is no longer the frat boy...but a man who worked hard and gave up a lot fun after college to get where he is...
    How do you know how much he makes with Microsoft? How do you reconcile his having just gotten the job with Microsoft a few months before filming (according to his mother)? Did he fold his own company before going with Microsoft? Was his company kaput and he needed a job? Or, was Microsoft a client and he misrepresented his client as a boss in his excuse to leave scene? And why, if he still has his own company, did he take its website down? There is just so much that doesn't make sense about the way his story has been presented.

He doesn't own his own home (according to publicly available records) so why are you so sure he has money? I'm not saying he doesn't, just that I haven't seen the evidence that he does. If you have some info, I hope you will share.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by pattycake92;3535581;
    Actually I first heard of Ed NOT having a girlfriend on another board. This was a LONG time poster who said that her boyfriend is good friends with Ed and that he is fabulous but doesn't date much. This was BEFORE anyone was talking about him having a gf.

Again, didn't say it was fact. It's just weird that bits and pieces of Ed's personal life have been popping up all season and we haven't heard much about other contenders like Reid or Kip. Of course, we've heard enough about Wes to make up for both of them!

Quote Originally Posted by pattycake92;3535581;
    So, this could possibly be hearsay too since it was heard by such and such and said by such and such? Who knows what to believe anymore!

I have absolutely no knowledge about Ed's dating status. But let me throw this out to all of you. There is dating and then there is being in a serious relationship. Quite frankly, Ed could have been dating someone before going on the show. All of them could have had casual dates for that matter. But that doesn't mean the relationship was serious. Some people date once or twice and use the term boyfriend/girlfriend. That doesn't automatically mean it was serious at all. And many people date casually with more than one person. That doesn't mean they wouldn't come on the Bachelorette to find their "one true love." It could very well be that she was more into him than he was into her and when he met Gillian, he found what he was looking for. Just food for thought.