Page 15 of 140 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242565115 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 1400

Thread: Bachelorette 5 - Reality Steve

  1. #141
    HELL-O DR OLIVER! stacerace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Bethany, Oklahoma
    Age
    38
    Posts
    2,905

    Re: Bachelorette 5 - Reality Steve

    So...Are we discussing season 4 or season 5? I'm confused
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

    "We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

    "Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

  2. #142
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    9,885

    Re: Bachelorette 5 - Reality Steve

    Quote Originally Posted by stacerace;3466944;
    So...Are we discussing season 4 or season 5? I'm confused

    If you watch the editing carefully, I think that you are going to find that there are going to be several similarities.

  3. #143
    HELL-O DR OLIVER! stacerace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Bethany, Oklahoma
    Age
    38
    Posts
    2,905

    Re: Bachelorette 5 - Reality Steve

    The reason I bring it up is that this is the RS thread and I came to find out what he was up to and all I see is posts about Graham which has nothing to do with RS. FTR, I HATE Graham and he is in my Top 5 List of most hated reality show contestants EVER so I apologize if I sound like a smarta$$ but I was just trying to get the thread back on topic.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

    "We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

    "Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

  4. #144
    FORT Fogey just logic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,093

    Re: Bachelorette 5 - Reality Steve

    Quote Originally Posted by stacerace;3466965;
    The reason I bring it up is that this is the RS thread and I came to find out what he was up to and all I see is posts about Graham which has nothing to do with RS. FTR, I HATE Graham and he is in my Top 5 List of most hated reality show contestants EVER so I apologize if I sound like a smarta$$ but I was just trying to get the thread back on topic.
    In RS's last blog he brought up Graham so naturally it got discussed here.
    "It's just a show" - let's try not to trash people - tptb do that very well all on their own they don't need our help!

  5. #145
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    9,885

    Re: Bachelorette 5 - Reality Steve

    Quote Originally Posted by stacerace;3466965;
    The reason I bring it up is that this is the RS thread and I came to find out what he was up to and all I see is posts about Graham which has nothing to do with RS. FTR, I HATE Graham and he is in my Top 5 List of most hated reality show contestants EVER so I apologize if I sound like a smarta$$ but I was just trying to get the thread back on topic.

    Just like Brad's decision set in motion a change in direction in the way this show moved, I think that the situation with Graham also impacted the series in a colossal way. That was the first time that we had ever seen a desired, let alone "the" desired contestant virtually reject the future interest of the Bach/ette. It really doesn't matter whether I am a fan of his as much as that it happened and has set this precedence that I think we are now going to start seeing occur on a more frequent basis.

    It belongs in another thread, but I think the action of Graham has impacted perhaps Jake and Ed and their fates on this show.

  6. #146
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    891

    Re: Bachelorette 5 - Reality Steve

    Quote Originally Posted by pavalygurl;3466939;
    I was and am still a great fan of Graham. I think some others will agree with me that he dodged a bullet, big time!
    I completely agree. But I also think that Graham did the right thing in that he realized that he would not be ready to make a committment to Dee within the time constraints of the show. I think he would have continued to date her but would not let them have their engagement for the show. so he had to go, and had to be made to look bad by forcing him into a rose ceremony he had no intention of attending.

    I think Brad also got a raw deal for not falling in love. He would have saved himself grief by picking someone and ending it later.

    Anyone who goes outside of the love script gets blasted in some way. Anyone who does not play along gets blasted. But IMO they are actually closer to reality than some of the faux engagements.

  7. #147
    FORT Fogey Cailg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,705

    Re: Bachelorette 5 - Reality Steve

    Quote Originally Posted by kultainen;3467038;
    I completely agree. But I also think that Graham did the right thing in that he realized that he would not be ready to make a committment to Dee within the time constraints of the show. I think he would have continued to date her but would not let them have their engagement for the show. so he had to go, and had to be made to look bad by forcing him into a rose ceremony he had no intention of attending.

    I think Brad also got a raw deal for not falling in love. He would have saved himself grief by picking someone and ending it later.

    Anyone who goes outside of the love script gets blasted in some way. Anyone who does not play along gets blasted. But IMO they are actually closer to reality than some of the faux engagements.
    I couldn't agree with you more! I love steve's blogs because he brings the viewer back to reality. I used to watch the show believeing in the heavily produced love story, now I try my darnest to see it as entertainment, although sometimes frustrating to watch. My frustration is usually alleviated by reading the hilarious comments made by Steve in his blog. He often says what I am thinking as I watch the show.

    Whatever is going on this season, if there are any twists, I trust that Steve will uncover them.

  8. #148
    FORT Fogey rileymeboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,895

    Re: Bachelorette 5 Sleuthing Thread **SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by beeleever;3395481;
    Just Sayin...That is not always the case. I work in the district office for the largest school district in Minnesota. We are laying off over 100 teachers due to budget cuts.

    The same is true of most metro school districts here. The economy is affecting how states are budgeting education. The stimulus package impacts special ed and targeted services, but it is not putting additional money in the general fund, which pays for teacher salaries.

    Next year we are going to have to close schools as well as lay off even more teaching staff. This may not be the case in Texas, but I think it is still a risky endeavor to quit your job if there are no guaranteed salaries.
    We are facing a lot of cut backs with our school system in AZ as well. I would say a teacher would have as difficult a time getting a position now as any other professional unless they're in the medical field.

  9. #149
    "SPYING" ButterflyFaery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Never Never Land
    Posts
    5,972

    Re: Bachelorette 5 - Reality Steve

    Quote Originally Posted by Cailg;3467044;
    I couldn't agree with you more! I love steve's blogs because he brings the viewer back to reality. I used to watch the show believeing in the heavily produced love story, now I try my darnest to see it as entertainment, although sometimes frustrating to watch. My frustration is usually alleviated by reading the hilarious comments made by Steve in his blog. He often says what I am thinking as I watch the show.

    Whatever is going on this season, if there are any twists, I trust that Steve will uncover them.
    I don't know if Steve still has them archived but a long time ago when he first starting blogging about this show they were totally hilarious....you couldn't read one line without bursting out laughing and by the time you finished the column you had tears running down your face from laughing so hard..he always had nicknames for the people on the show and I mean he made fun of everything and it was light and humorous...now its more of a detailed re cap with a few funny things in it...but I miss the old blogs I really do...this was also before he got all his inside info..not that that is a bad thing but it was just about what he saw on the show each week
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

  10. #150
    Summer Break bamabrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Globally
    Posts
    3,523

    Re: Bachelorette 5 - Reality Steve

    Quote Originally Posted by Cailg;3467044;
    Whatever is going on this season, if there are any twists, I trust that Steve will uncover them.
    I think that there are going to be twists this season, but RS doesn't seem that interested in uncovering them. And I have tried to get him digging, believe me. Maybe someone will just drop the info in his lap again this season.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.