Page 13 of 140 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelorette 5 - Reality Steve

Re: Bachelorette 5 - Reality Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Cailg;3457363;
    Steve is hilarious! He really makes watching this show worth while.
    I started following him on Twitter and Facebook......todya was just a blip about Jon & Kate nothing more. Ran into her at Target last week and there were papparazzi outside the store. It's a pain. I'll post iof he says anything good.
    oh no...it's the BIG 5-0 ...when did this happen

Quote Originally Posted by MayJ;3457341;
    Bear with me.... I am BRAND new to this, but have a question... today RS refers to someone ("Graham" ?) being asked to leave from the last B'ette season, although it was portrayed as his choice?? I watched most of the season but missed that, and wondered what happened and why would any contestant be asked to leave ... was there some rule broken? Just curious, FORT newbie.
    Steve was referring to the fact that the show made it seem like De rejected Graham by not giving him a rose, but in fact, Graham decided to leave and appeared at that rose ceremony knowing he was not getting a rose. So, the rumors are the perhaps the "novel" thing that happens this season is that someone decides to leave the show on their own, but this actually happened with Graham.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Cailg;3466267;
    Steve was referring to the fact that the show made it seem like De rejected Graham by not giving him a rose, but in fact, Graham decided to leave and appeared at that rose ceremony knowing he was not getting a rose. So, the rumors are the perhaps the "novel" thing that happens this season is that someone decides to leave the show on their own, but this actually happened with Graham.
    The way that Graham was dressed at that RC compared to the way he had dressed in prior RCs, the fact that he showed up with the letter of explanation already written and in hand at the RC, and the attitude which he displayed during the RC convinced a good many of us that he had told at least the producers (if not DeAnna herself) ahead of time that he did not want to advance.
    The supreme irony of it all to me was that of all of the seasons when Chris had said, "Ladies (or Gentlemen as the case was) if the Bach/ette is not someone who you can see yourself marrying, please decline the rose," this season when the situation would truly fit, he did not make the annoucement and give the Bachelors the chance to decline the rose.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3466438;
    The way that Graham was dressed at that RC compared to the way he had dressed in prior RCs, the fact that he showed up with the letter of explanation already written and in hand at the RC, and the attitude which he displayed during the RC convinced a good many of us that he had told at least the producers (if not DeAnna herself) ahead of time that he did not want to advance.
    The supreme irony of it all to me was that of all of the seasons when Chris had said, "Ladies (or Gentlemen as the case was) if the Bach/ette is not someone who you can see yourself marrying, please decline the rose," this season when the situation would truly fit, he did not make the annoucement and give the Bachelors the chance to decline the rose.

I agree Bloomers. Don'y forget how pissed Deanna looked when she walked into the room for the rose ceremony.
    “When life kicks you, let it kick you forward.” Kay Yow

Good point about the announcement. I didn't realize that. Thanks!

I'll never understand why they edited it that way in D's season. I think the reality of it would have been more exciting of DeAnna getting rejected again--sometimes the truth is more entertaining. I would have LOVED to have seen Graham not accept a rose; it would have made for excellent TV.
    My favorites: Reid and Kiptyn

Quote Originally Posted by SaffronSunrise;3466444;
    I agree Bloomers. Don'y forget how pissed Deanna looked when she walked into the room for the rose ceremony.
    wasn't this also the show where they didn't have a cocktail party before hand and you are right she was madder than fire when she walked into that RC you could just feel the anger coming off her in waves
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by deidre1985;3466454;
    I'll never understand why they edited it that way in D's season. I think the reality of it would have been more exciting of DeAnna getting rejected again--sometimes the truth is more entertaining. I would have LOVED to have seen Graham not accept a rose; it would have made for excellent TV.
    You and me both but by this time the producers knew what Deanna was really like and if you were them - would you want to deal with her if she found herself being rejected (AGAIN). They had made a big deal of Brad's rejection and saying that now SHE WAS THE ONE IN CHARGE - they couldn't let someone reject her (as far as they were concerned). Just my thinking - no proof.
    "It's just a show" - let's try not to trash people - tptb do that very well all on their own they don't need our help!

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery;3466463;
    wasn't this also the show where they didn't have a cocktail party before hand and you are right she was madder than fire when she walked into that RC you could just feel the anger coming off her in waves

Right, there was no cocktail party, but I think that's normal after the HTD. I think the Bachs & B'ettes are kept apart if they make if after HTD.
    You phrased it perfectly, you could see the anger coming off in waves. If I were one of the guys who got the rose, I think I'd have been afraid to go up & get it for fear that she'd cut something off.
    “When life kicks you, let it kick you forward.” Kay Yow

FORT Fogey

Saffron Sunrise is correct. There is no "cocktail party" after the home town dates.

Deanna was furious because she was madly in love with Graham and he was not interested in continuing. In fact, I believe somewhere along the line he was forced into the rose ceremony when he did not want to be there. She came across as very immature through most of her show and also showed she could not deal with rejection.