Thread: Bachelorette 5 - Reality Steve

Re: Bachelorette 5 - Reality Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Living;3561890;
    We have Wes on tape claiming it. Please do not throw others under the bus to exonerate Wes.
    Sorry to be behind----we have Wes on tape claiming what?

I do not believe that the info coming out about Ed has anything whatsoever to do with Wes. They are two separate people who had two separate lives before, during and after the show. If info comes out that makes either look bad it doesn't make the other looker better or worse, they need to be viewed as individuals, not compared IMO. I don't understand the concept of throwing one person under the bus to exonerate another or to make another look better. When the Ed info started coming out I remember a lot of posters claiming that it was rumor intended to make people dislike Ed so Reid could have more fans. I thought that was ridiculous at the time and still do. Now I see people saying the Ed info is intended to make Wes look better. Isn't it possible that the Ed info is just info about Ed, for the sake of bringing forward info about Ed, and has nothing to do with how other participants on the show are or aren't viewed? IMO the Ed info reflects on Ed and Ed alone. That is JMO.
    "Reality is merely an illusion, although a very persistent one." - Einstein

Karen Stivali - author and very cheeky chook

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;3561690;
    But why isn't anyone outside of the show calling Wes an ass? Not one person. That is the issue I have. Ed aside, if Wes is so bad, so rude, so crude, so into himself, anyone who had an axe to grind with him could have an online field day and yet it's just not there.
    People outside the show are not calling Wes an ass because we try to keep it real to enable him to continue with the life he wants after the show. When Wes started exhibiting his sorry self on TV, things could have quietly died down if the Texas cronies had not started trying to throw Ed under the bus. We heard Jesse and Brad had girlfriends. Jesse ended up being F1. Things would have come out on its own without bitterness. From the last few seasons we have seen how the vilifying of people resound and becomes a national issue. Leave Ed alone. let Wes sink or swin on his own merit, not by killing and vilifying others. People have caught on, so it will not work this time.

Jake is no saint, LOL...i can see through him very clearly. Still catching up on posts, but really, Jake is a saint? ROTFLMAFAO.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3561911;
    Jake is no saint, LOL...i can see through him very clearly. Still catching up on posts, but really, Jake is a saint? ROTFLMAFAO.
    I agree 1000 times over. Jake is slime and I'm going to be disgusted and probably skip his season if he's the next Bach.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3561929;
    I agree 1000 times over. Jake is slime and I'm going to be disgusted and probably skip his season if he's the next Bach.
    He is very very scary. He actually told Jillian that he likes her but can't tell her that he loves her...and the next PI, he said "I want to marry her with all that I am"...hmmm, he wants to marry someone that he likes? Stalker, dangerous. Did you see how Jillian reacted to Jake, on the train?

I believe what Wes said about him.

No way will Jake be a Bachelor.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

FORT Fogey

I sort of think he wanted to hang himself with Jill because it is his intent to be the next bachelor. I really cannot believe that this guy acts that way for real. So he came on strong deliberately knowing she'd give him the old cowboy boot. But when Wes said the whole bit about god telling Jake he was meant to do 7 shows....that was just so out there. He seems extremely manipulative.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3561929;
    yeah his perma-smile gives me the creeps count me out too

Quote Originally Posted by beth0419;3561985;
    yeah his perma-smile gives me the creeps count me out too
    The only thing is: he is Fleiss' minion, already so if they want a Bach they can control and have a storyline they want, they are going to choose him. Regardless, I'm almost 100% positive that the next Bach is already chosen and has signed. We just need to wait and see.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

FORT Regular

I just listened to the Wes interview and I'm going give him some credit. Seems like a nice (not perfect) guy and I think Jillian obviously saw something in him that was never shown in any episode. If you trust her judgement then you have to trust her judgement of him. He was played by TPTB and didn't figure that out in time which was his biggest mistake. This show is edited and spliced and manipulated to produce a product that gets ratings. It is never about a love story.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Living;3561910;
    People outside the show are not calling Wes an ass because we try to keep it real to enable him to continue with the life he wants after the show. When Wes started exhibiting his sorry self on TV, things could have quietly died down if the Texas cronies had not started trying to throw Ed under the bus. We heard Jesse and Brad had girlfriends. Jesse ended up being F1. Things would have come out on its own without bitterness. From the last few seasons we have seen how the vilifying of people resound and becomes a national issue. Leave Ed alone. let Wes sink or swin on his own merit, not by killing and vilifying others. People have caught on, so it will not work this time.
    --------------------

can I offer you some relaxing yoga music or some camomile tea?