Thread: Bachelorette 5 - Reality Steve

Re: Bachelorette 5 - Reality Steve

Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook;3561776;
    Regarding the bolded, that's not entirely accurate. Yes some of the info about Ed is coming from the "girlfriend camps" however a lot of it is also coming from production sources. Production source based info has described Ed in an unflattering manner and has also confirmed that the girlfriend situation needed to be "handled" during filming.
    And let's not forget work-related sources and at least one guy who knows Ed from the social scene in Chicago.
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook;3561776;
    Regarding the bolded, that's not entirely accurate. Yes some of the info about Ed is coming from the "girlfriend camps" however a lot of it is also coming from production sources. Production source based info has described Ed in an unflattering manner and has also confirmed that the girlfriend situation needed to be "handled" during filming.
    I have not read any posts by someone saying they are a member of the production team and Ed was a bla bla bla....

I know trusted people have their sources but Ill wait until its revealed (which if true Im sure it will be revealed).

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by I'msotired;3561782;
    And let's not forget work-related sources and at least one guy who knows Ed from the social scene in Chicago.

Which are about as reliable as those who say the opposite right

Quote Originally Posted by castina;3561833;
    Which are about as reliable as those who say the opposite right
    I'd say the son of a poster would probably be considered reliable by that poster.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by I'msotired;3561839;
    I'd say the son of a poster would probably be considered reliable by that poster.
    A son? Was Ed dating a guy? Lord I can't keep up. And if he's not dating a guy then I would venture to guess that the guy doesn't have first hand information.

Quote Originally Posted by JilCanuckFan;3561844;
    A son? Was Ed dating a guy? Lord I can't keep up. And if he's not dating a guy then I would venture to guess that the guy doesn't have first hand information.
    Sorry you misunderstood. We were discussing sources. Maybe I misunderstood. I thought the post I quoted was questioning the reliability of those sources. If you weren't questioning the reliability of sources, sorry.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by I'msotired;3558450;
    I thought he worked for his dad's company....
    He worked for a trucking company, but he coaches, I believe it's football, so he does that in his spare time. After seeing his editing job on the Bachelorette, the school board is up in arms. A gentleman posted a very good thread on the message board at the bachelorette and goes in to detail what has happened. Apparently the kids are very upset that he is getting such bad treatment, because they say he's a really nice guy. This is what the guy said on that post.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by I'msotired;3561850;
    Sorry you misunderstood. We were discussing sources. Maybe I misunderstood. I thought the post I quoted was questioning the reliability of those sources. If you weren't questioning the reliability of sources, sorry.
    No let me apologize, sometimes my sarcasm gets lost. I was saying that if the source is not the actual GIRLFRIEND then that information is not FIRST HAND INFORMATION. I assume Ed wasn't dating the poster's son (unless he was, if so disregard this post) then the information is still not First hand.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;3561521;
    This is what seems interesting to me. ABC sets Wes up as the guy with a girlfriend. Now, if Wes is a creep, wouldn't there be lots of people, ex-grilfriends, betrayed friends, mad relatives, who could just back this up with a simple photo or even via Twitter, Facebook, etc? Why hasn't a single person but Jake, who has only a tangential relationship with Wes outside the show, made this allegation?

On the other hand you have Ed, who ABC has set up as the comeback kid, and has made not one single reference to having any sort of pre-existing relationship, and you've got at least the kind of off-show chatter you'd expect Wes to have if he really was the guy ABC has made him out to be.

So, with Ed, you have at least some real world confirmation that something's not right, but with Wes nada. Not one iota of accusation from any person not affiliated with this show.

I don't know what Ed's story is, but there are enough people out there who must have a beef with him if they are willing to attempt to put his character into question. With Wes you have not one word outside of the show and Jake.
    stop trying to move attention away from Wes to Ed. Wes is the creep. We saw it for ourselves. There may be different levels of creep av far as some are insinuating. We just see creep.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by TxLonghorns;3561536;
    ITA...I think TPTB may have "peaked early"....they chose Wes to be the villian b/c he was the obvious choice due to his profession....little did they know they had the real girlfriend gate right there under their little noses the whole time. Instead of manufacturing this character assassination on Wes, they missed a legit chance to out someone who may have actually deserved it.
    We have Wes on tape claiming it. Please do not throw others under the bus to exonerate Wes.