Thread: Bachelorette 5 - Reality Steve

FORT Regular

Re: Bachelorette 5 - Reality Steve

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;3561521;
    This is what seems interesting to me. ABC sets Wes up as the guy with a girlfriend. Now, if Wes is a creep, wouldn't there be lots of people, ex-grilfriends, betrayed friends, mad relatives, who could just back this up with a simple photo or even via Twitter, Facebook, etc? Why hasn't a single person but Jake, who has only a tangential relationship with Wes outside the show, made this allegation?

On the other hand you have Ed, who ABC has set up as the comeback kid, and has made not one single reference to having any sort of pre-existing relationship, and you've got at least the kind of off-show chatter you'd expect Wes to have if he really was the guy ABC has made him out to be.

So, with Ed, you have at least some real world confirmation that something's not right, but with Wes nada. Not one iota of accusation from any person not affiliated with this show.

I don't know what Ed's story is, but there are enough people out there who must have a beef with him if they are willing to attempt to put his character into question. With Wes you have not one word outside of the show and Jake.
    ITA...I think TPTB may have "peaked early"....they chose Wes to be the villian b/c he was the obvious choice due to his profession....little did they know they had the real girlfriend gate right there under their little noses the whole time. Instead of manufacturing this character assassination on Wes, they missed a legit chance to out someone who may have actually deserved it.
    Last edited by TxLonghorns; 07-11-2009 at 01:47 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by TxLonghorns;3561536;
    ITA...I think TPTB may have "peaked early"....they chose Wes to be the villian b/c he was the obvious choice due to his profession....little did they know they had the real girlfriend gate right there under there little noses the whole time. Instead of manufacturing this character assassination on Wes, they missed a legit chance to out someone who may have actually deserved it.
    According to info received from posters w/ solid sources, TPTB know about Ed's g/f(s). According to what we've seen on the dramatic front in the last few seasons, don't be surprised if they don't use this in Ed's storyline somehow. We may not see much in Monday's episode, but the show is far from over!

FORT Fan

Ed "alledgedly" being an ass doesn´t change the fact Wes is also an ass. This show is full of asses

FORT Fogey

But why isn't anyone outside of the show calling Wes an ass? Not one person. That is the issue I have. Ed aside, if Wes is so bad, so rude, so crude, so into himself, anyone who had an axe to grind with him could have an online field day and yet it's just not there.

Well Wes whether he had a girlfriend or not - came to promote his music on the show. So therefore he too is questionable in some shape or form.
    "I Accept You" ~~~ Kiptyn to Tenley
    ---------Best Rose Acceptance line EVER on this series

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;3561690;
    But why isn't anyone outside of the show calling Wes an ass? Not one person. That is the issue I have. Ed aside, if Wes is so bad, so rude, so crude, so into himself, anyone who had an axe to grind with him could have an online field day and yet it's just not there.
    You're right, ubidiah, in fact the one person that we've heard from who is not affiliated with this show is Laurel, and she completely backed up Wes' story.

FORT Fan

Ok. What´s the difference between the two? Well Ed alledgedly has angry ex-gfs and their friends roaming the internet to warn us all of what a cad he is. No one else has said anything, just those connected to these gfs. So to compare that to the Wes situation we would then expect to hear from Laurel and her friends/family condeming him for being a cad...

...*BUT* what if Laurel and Wes decided to breakup, "put their relationship on the backburner" so that Wes could use this great opportunity for some publicity to get his music and name out there. They remain friends, lunch from time to time, he helps out her mom when she needs it. *If* that scenario were the one that took place, that Laurel and Wes decided to "officially" put things on hold to be continued at a later date then Laurel and her friends/family would have no reason to say anything because for all they know it was a friendly breakup, they remain friends, still go out on occasion so there are no broken hearts involved.

Neither man has his own friends, work colleagues etc..saying anything bad about them. Wes has people from the show dissing him AND Ed has those with gf connections dissing him online. I´d call it even

And that is a good point. Those people that I know and have talked to that know Wes personally have pretty much said the same thing. He's not an angel, but he's a decent and sincere man.

Does he talk a lot? He sure does, and he's even said that to me in a message - that he runs his mouth and that words just fly out of his mouth. He gave them a lot of stuff to work with, but most of it wasn't said in the way it was put on the show.

Did he say ...and in context...some things that weren't the best or smartest thing to say? Probably.

Does he want to promote his career? Heck yes! Does anyone else on this show go on there with other motives? Heck yes!
    ______________________________ __
    This space for rent...

FORT Fogey

To be fair, I just listened to an interview with Michael. I have no bone to pick with him, but for the issue of why people come onto this show Michael says he did not come on for the "right" reasons because he had no idea who the bachelorette would be when he came on. In other words, my words, everyone has their own reasons for being on this show and they usually don't start with finding love.

It has been my experience in life that men in their twenties and thirties who are single, typically aren't running around dying to be engaged. They just aren't. Usually a man will fall in love first and then decide he can't live without that person, not without any person. So to think that 29 guys came onto the show to find love, but Wes didn't isn't fair. And, I don't blame anyone for having their own motives to be on the show. After all, the odds are stacked against them that they will be the last guy standing. So why not be a warm body in a situation in which they need warm bodies, and why hold that against someone?

Wes didn't lie to her and say he loved her. He never denied what his motives were for being on the show. I sort of think it's worse to keep forcing guys (or girls) to pour out their feelings just to be sent home week after week. It's brutal to let a guy get on bended knee and ask for your hand when you know that he's not the one you're going to pick. That is what this show is about, so I have no issue with Wes being there for his career. None at all.

Quote Originally Posted by castina;3561722;
    Ok. What´s the difference between the two? Well Ed alledgedly has angry ex-gfs and their friends roaming the internet to warn us all of what a cad he is. No one else has said anything, just those connected to these gfs. So to compare that to the Wes situation we would then expect to hear from Laurel and her friends/family condeming him for being a cad...

...*BUT* what if Laurel and Wes decided to breakup, "put their relationship on the backburner" so that Wes could use this great opportunity for some publicity to get his music and name out there. They remain friends, lunch from time to time, he helps out her mom when she needs it. *If* that scenario were the one that took place, that Laurel and Wes decided to "officially" put things on hold to be continued at a later date then Laurel and her friends/family would have no reason to say anything because for all they know it was a friendly breakup, they remain friends, still go out on occasion so there are no broken hearts involved.

Neither man has his own friends, work colleagues etc..saying anything bad about them. Wes has people from the show dissing him AND Ed has those with gf connections dissing him online. I´d call it even
    Regarding the bolded, that's not entirely accurate. Yes some of the info about Ed is coming from the "girlfriend camps" however a lot of it is also coming from production sources. Production source based info has described Ed in an unflattering manner and has also confirmed that the girlfriend situation needed to be "handled" during filming.
    "Reality is merely an illusion, although a very persistent one." - Einstein

Karen Stivali - author and very cheeky chook