Thread: Bachelorette 5 - Reality Steve

FORT Regular

Re: Bachelorette 5 - Reality Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Living;3561168;
    Wes knows the Bible well. so does Satan (in tempting the Lord he quoted from the scripture). so do some theologians who are not even Christians, so do the far right Rebublicans who use it for their justification for more violence and wars. Means nothing. we saw Wes with our eyes and what we saw we do not like.

Maybe he cannot hold his liquour, then he must be a man and control his drinking.
    You saw Wes through the TPTB's eyes....there is a difference b/t that and what he is really like. Anyone that actually knows him will tell you that he is a devoute Christian....it is not for show. Like him or not, there is no question about his faith in God.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by computer;3561181;
    -------------------

Yes, I always comment on/ask things that interest me. Don't you?
    Of course I do. It interested me that you ignored all the parts that placed this new PR attempt to absolve Wes of being a jerk into question and focused instead on that part

Quote Originally Posted by computer;3561195 View Post
    --------------------

yes I did listen to the interview. Why didn't he have to say it?
    Wes volunteered up the quote

Paraphrasing:

They call me the most infamous Bachelor ever - I went and looked that up in the dictionary and it means evil, bad notorious.

He brought up the word and the whole discussion...I would think if I was trying to convince people I was articulate and intelligent I would not admit to not knowing what the word infamous meant.

Quote Originally Posted by TxLonghorns;3561348;
    You saw Wes through the TPTB's eyes....there is a difference b/t that and what he is really like. Anyone that actually knows him will tell you that he is a devoute Christian....it is not for show. Like him or not, there is no question about his faith in God.
    I'm sure that's why Wes and Jake sort of became friends. I recall Jake saying something like that for the PI that they were good friends. Plus, they were from Texas. On the other hand, Michael didn't really talk with Wes.

I'm not sure about Reid, but Wes indicated that they talked afterward.

I don't get why Wes thinks Jakes comes back. I don't think he does.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3561428;
    I'm sure that's why Wes and Jake sort of became friends. I recall Jake saying something like that for the PI that they were good friends. Plus, they were from Texas. On the other hand, Michael didn't really talk with Wes.

I'm not sure about Reid, but Wes indicated that they talked afterward.

I don't get why Wes thinks Jakes comes back. I don't think he does.
    ITA...from what I have heard when they first moved into the house in LA, Jake kind of kept to himself and didn't hang out with all of the guys. I get the impression that he is a little bit socially inept....Wes befriended him due to the fact that they both have alot of faith. As far as Wes thinking Jake comes back...I am under the impression that he means Jake may (or wants to) come back on the show in the future (i.e. as the next bachelor).... not necessarily this season.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by cape;3561427;

Paraphrasing:

They call me the most infamous Bachelor ever - I went and looked that up in the dictionary and it means evil, bad notorious.

He brought up the word and the whole discussion...I would think if I was trying to convince people I was articulate and intelligent I would not admit to not knowing what the word infamous meant.
    -------------------

was he trying to convince people he was articulate and intelligent? I didn't hear that. The only thing I heard was that he was trying to show how the show edited him and sliced sentences together.

So you recommend that in order to convince people that you are articulate and intelligent you "act" as if you were by leaving things out that could blow you cover?
    Last edited by computer; 07-11-2009 at 12:56 PM.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by castina;3561387;
    Of course I do. It interested me that you ignored all the parts that placed this new PR attempt to absolve Wes of being a jerk into question and focused instead on that part
    -----------------
    Thanks for your interest!

I focused on that part because it interested me.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by computer;3561459;
    -------------------

was he trying to convince people he was articulate and intelligent? I din't hear that. The only thing I heard was that he was trying to show how the whow edited him and sliced sentences together.

So you recommend that in order to convince people that you are articulate and intelligent you "act" as if you were by leaving things out that could blow you cover?
    I completely agree...he was not trying to convince anyone of anything. He was being real. He explained how they edited him to create conversations that he never said. He also owned up to some of the things that he said.....I assure you all 30 guys cut up, made fun of each other, and acted like guys...they only chose to show Wes doing that. Yes...even saint Kiptyn and Reid......

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by cape;3561427;

Paraphrasing:

Wes himself would never claim to be articulate or overly intelligent. Just a normal person.....although I do think he comes across well in his interviews. He is a guys guy and speaks his mind......

FORT Fogey

This is what seems interesting to me. ABC sets Wes up as the guy with a girlfriend. Now, if Wes is a creep, wouldn't there be lots of people, ex-grilfriends, betrayed friends, mad relatives, who could just back this up with a simple photo or even via Twitter, Facebook, etc? Why hasn't a single person but Jake, who has only a tangential relationship with Wes outside the show, made this allegation?

On the other hand you have Ed, who ABC has set up as the comeback kid, and has made not one single reference to having any sort of pre-existing relationship, and you've got at least the kind of off-show chatter you'd expect Wes to have if he really was the guy ABC has made him out to be.

So, with Ed, you have at least some real world confirmation that something's not right, but with Wes nada. Not one iota of accusation from any person not affiliated with this show.

I don't know what Ed's story is, but there are enough people out there who must have a beef with him if they are willing to attempt to put his character into question. With Wes you have not one word outside of the show and Jake.