Thread: Bachelorette 5 - Reality Steve

FORT Fogey

Re: Bachelorette 5 - Reality Steve

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3558008;
    So you don't believe that Wes went on this show with the intention of garnering publicity?? I think that's pretty much a given. He said (and we saw him say it with his own mouth) that he manager thought it would be great for his career, get some exposure.

that said - I don't think Wes is a bad person - I didn't need to hear the radio interview to know his edit was not who he actually is.
    Oh, I absolutely believe publicity was Wes' main motive. The point of my post was in response to other posts that keep saying things can be edited out, but can't be edited in. I was trying to illustrate that things can indeed be edited in, and have been, as we have been told by numerous past contestants.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by cape;3560425;

Wes may not be an idiot but he isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer either - seriously he admitted that he had to go look up the word INFAMOUS in the dictionary - why would you admit to that?.
    Maybe to be honest?

MAybe he's not that evil person who lies all the time after all?

REading your post, I assume you are recommending to lie if you didn't know the word and pretend to know it?
    Last edited by computer; 07-11-2009 at 08:41 AM.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by computer;3561019;
    Maybe to be honest?

REading your post, I assume you are recommending to lie if you didn't know the word and pretend to know it?
    Really? Cape writes a long post with many good questions and points out rather well, imo, how this seems more an attempt to help Wes look good than any serious probing interview and the only thing you can comment on is that?

Quote Originally Posted by computer;3561019 View Post
    Maybe to be honest?

I didn't reccomend he lie. He didn't have to say it. Did you listen to the interview?

Quote Originally Posted by cape;3561150;
    I didn't reccomend he lie. He didn't have to say it. Did you listen to the interview?
    I don't think it matters considering the ALL show is a big edited spool of lies.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by TxLonghorns;3559701;
    Wes doesn't have a drinking problem. If that is to be judged by this shows standard, then all of the bachelors AND JILLIAN do too. It is no secret that they are plied with alcohol...

Its funny to me....most people don't realize that Wes is very religious....and he actually used to minster to others. That man knows the Bible forward and back. I am not saying he is a saint (nor would he), but he really is a good person who got a really bad edit.

Wes knows the Bible well. so does Satan (in tempting the Lord he quoted from the scripture). so do some theologians who are not even Christians, so do the far right Rebublicans who use it for their justification for more violence and wars. Means nothing. we saw Wes with our eyes and what we saw we do not like.

Maybe he cannot hold his liquour, then he must be a man and control his drinking.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by castina;3561138;
    Really? Cape writes a long post with many good questions and points out rather well, imo, how this seems more an attempt to help Wes look good than any serious probing interview and the only thing you can comment on is that?
    -------------------

Yes, I always comment on/ask things that interest me. Don't you?

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by cape;3561150;
    --------------------

yes I did listen to the interview. Why didn't he have to say it?

Quote Originally Posted by cape;3560425;
    I listened to the whole interview and to be honest - I think the truth lies somewhere in the middle of this whole mess. I don't think Wes is a great guy- he is crass and hypocritical. He says he never says bad things about anyone in the same breath that he says Trista needs to get some help, called Reid a retard and says that can't get a nibble in Texas while hiding behind "it was all a joke." He claims to be religious but talks about having lots of sex once he gets home.

RS didn't ask him any hard questions...like if things went down the way that Wes thought they did - why did Jillian give PIs crying about Wes and sad that he used the show for publicity and that he had a girlfriend?

On the show Wes said that he had dated Laural for 6 years - now they are saying 3 but if you do the math on when they say they dated - then he was dating her at the same time Brad was. Why didn't he ask about this?

Why not ask about him saying it was time to get home and start his press junket for his new CD - was that why he was such a jerk so he could leave?

RS asked him to clarify the numero uno comment and Wes explained it exactly as it was shown and RS gave him a big old pass saying it made perfect sense. NO it didn't. If you are trying to woo a girl then go for it - put yourself out there. No one ever fell in love while looking out for numero uno at the same time. It was so clear in the episode on Monday that Wes was done and was making no effort and his explanation really proved it.

Seriously - if RS wants to have a blog and blow this show out the water and interview people - then ask the hard questions. He gave Wes softballs and then helped him answer the questions so that he came off right. If RS wants my respect and for me to believe him then he needs to ask the real questions and be impartial and not helping the person defend themselves. I wanted to hear what Wes had to answer not what RS cooked up for him.

Wes may not be an idiot but he isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer either - seriously he admitted that he had to go look up the word INFAMOUS in the dictionary - why would you admit to that?

My favorite part of the whole interview was when Wes said: I would like to point out that in no point in this interview did I talk about my new CD coming out or try to promote it... Um - you just did Wes.
    Completely agree. RS would have had a stellar interview on his hands if he dove a little deeper, and Wes could have still cleared his name. But, he essentially lets him off the hook IMO.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Luvvy;3561262;
    Completely agree. RS would have had a stellar interview on his hands if he dove a little deeper, and Wes could have still cleared his name. But, he essentially lets him off the hook IMO.
    I agree, this adds some meat to the idea that RS is actually more closely aligned with the TBTB Franchise than either of them would like us to believe. JMO