Thread: Bachelorette 5 - Reality Steve

FORT Fogey

Re: Bachelorette 5 - Reality Steve

Quote Originally Posted by cpamama;3559689;
    Hmmm. Where is Jeremy? He is a good friend of Wes' and he was on TB. What does he think?
    He's been on Twitter every day defending Wes to the hilt. I thought it was a great interview and I think Wes will turn out just fine.

Apparently, they ply everyone with alchohol. Wes said he and Jillian were due at his family's home at 4 and because of Jake, got there at midnight. They wouldn't tell the family what was going on or let them have anything to eat, even though they had catered a barbecue, were starving and kept asking if they could have something to eat. They did keep offering them more drinks though.

Quote Originally Posted by xtina816;3559496;
    karaoke is pretty big in ny. especially the city and Ed lives in chicago---also a city!
    It is also HUGE with the Japanese tourists in Hawaii. When I was in Oahu, I couldn't believe the number of karaoke places I saw..and they were packed.
    Maybe Ed got a chance to to hit a few while in HI.

Quote Originally Posted by ducwidow;3559885;
    It is also HUGE with the Japanese tourists in Hawaii. When I was in Oahu, I couldn't believe the number of karaoke places I saw..and they were packed.
    Maybe Ed got a chance to to hit a few while in HI.
    Karaoke originated in Japan of course, thus the name. The first time I ever went was in Tokyo more than 20 years ago, and all the Japanese businessmen got smashed, hit on women and tried to sing "My Way".

addison h.

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan;3559363;
    I live in Texas, and I have two requests to make:

(1) Wes, please DO NOT go on the MTA. No good will come of it.

(2) Fellow Texans, DO NOT go on anymore of the Bachelor or Bachelorette shows. And even though Chris Harrison is also a Texan, he is NOT your friend. He will throw you under the bus - just like the many that came before you.

So, Fellow Texans, just say NO.......... No. No. No.
    I promise. No going on the bach.

Unless they pick Reid - and then all bets are off!

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3559550;
    I agree that the smaller "retro" swim trunks were introduced a season or so back; however, they have caught on with very few straight men in the US. (And I would definitely rethink the bright green.) Argyle sweaters have been in and out for years running, again, not all that popular with younger men. As to the linen wrinkled suit, the cap we have is not the best quality, but that lavender monstrosity with baggy white pants sure didn't look like linen to me.
    I too thought that Ed has a "retro" look that is back in style. And when I saw him in the really small black suit in the outtake at the mansion, and then the green one, while fashionable, I felt they weren't very flattering for a big guy like him. I agree that they haven't caught on with most men at least at the beaches I've been on in the past year or so.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by TxLonghorns;3559701;
    Its funny to me....most people don't realize that Wes is very religious....and he actually used to minster to others. That man knows the Bible forward and back. I am not saying he is a saint (nor would he), but he really is a good person who got a really bad edit.
    It would take me an hour to type the names of all of the public figures who publicly labeled themselves `Christian' or who ministered to others and who then were revealed to be complete hyprocrites.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by minime;3558930;

All other things aside, whether he is being honest or not, I'm pretty sure Laurel could do something about it, get compensation, a retract, and countless other things since her name was used and she signed nothing.

If her last name was never mentioned, then she has no case.

I listened to the whole interview and to be honest - I think the truth lies somewhere in the middle of this whole mess. I don't think Wes is a great guy- he is crass and hypocritical. He says he never says bad things about anyone in the same breath that he says Trista needs to get some help, called Reid a retard and says that can't get a nibble in Texas while hiding behind "it was all a joke." He claims to be religious but talks about having lots of sex once he gets home.

RS didn't ask him any hard questions...like if things went down the way that Wes thought they did - why did Jillian give PIs crying about Wes and sad that he used the show for publicity and that he had a girlfriend?

On the show Wes said that he had dated Laural for 6 years - now they are saying 3 but if you do the math on when they say they dated - then he was dating her at the same time Brad was. Why didn't he ask about this?

Why not ask about him saying it was time to get home and start his press junket for his new CD - was that why he was such a jerk so he could leave?

RS asked him to clarify the numero uno comment and Wes explained it exactly as it was shown and RS gave him a big old pass saying it made perfect sense. NO it didn't. If you are trying to woo a girl then go for it - put yourself out there. No one ever fell in love while looking out for numero uno at the same time. It was so clear in the episode on Monday that Wes was done and was making no effort and his explanation really proved it.

Seriously - if RS wants to have a blog and blow this show out the water and interview people - then ask the hard questions. He gave Wes softballs and then helped him answer the questions so that he came off right. If RS wants my respect and for me to believe him then he needs to ask the real questions and be impartial and not helping the person defend themselves. I wanted to hear what Wes had to answer not what RS cooked up for him.

Wes may not be an idiot but he isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer either - seriously he admitted that he had to go look up the word INFAMOUS in the dictionary - why would you admit to that?

My favorite part of the whole interview was when Wes said: I would like to point out that in no point in this interview did I talk about my new CD coming out or try to promote it... Um - you just did Wes.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;3557576;
    See, the problem with the bolded part, is that things can be edited in as well as edited out. Wes could say ten different things at ten different times, then the editors take one word from each sentence, string them together however they want, and we have Wes saying a completely different sentence, that he never put together himself. Make sense?

I'm not going to try to get anyone to change their opinion of Wes, but I hope people will understand that words/sentences/soundbites can be edited in and completely fabricated.

I'm sorry, I've been off the computer today and you guys are FAST!!!

Yes, anyone can edit anything, but he is full of baloney! When you listen to that clip that he said he'd said, "Yeah, right..." afterwards, his voice inflection didn't sound like that. It sounded as if he was actually thinking he was proud of himself. And there was no clip right after and right before. He starts his sentence with an accented "FIRST guy EVER to actually make it to the final four in Bachelorette history with a girlfriend." And he looks out the window. There was no, "Right..." No. None of that. He was making a proclamation. JERK. And swilling his whiskey in celebration.

I don't believe a word he says. And he has to defame Jake in order to make himself look good. One is telling the truth. One is lying. I'm sorry, but Wes is the biggest fake liar I've ever seen.

(And I'm very sorry if this point has been made--I haven't read up very far since I last posted. :-) )

Quote Originally Posted by minime;3558930;
    . . .I don't know of any contract that can legally get away with defamation of character.

If nothing else, he should entertain the idea - if his side is the truth, and get it out in the media to attempt to clear his name, if nothing else.

All other things aside, whether he is being honest or not, I'm pretty sure Laurel could do something about it, get compensation, a retract, and countless other things since her name was used and she signed nothing.
    Keep in mind this was taped long before it was aired, the legal teams have had plenty of time to scour case law, I serioiusly doubt ABC would have risked airing anything if there was a risk of litigation. Also, the law may be that there has to be actual harm not potential harm. Threats, while frightening, hurtful, etc. are not actual harm. And, as has been mentioned by another poster, her last name was not mentioned, I seriously doubt there is only one Laurel in Austin. Yes, her business has been identified, but I read (somewhere on this board) a newspaper article by a friend of the family (or some such identifier), where she is identified more specifically than just by first name. It's a fine line, but I feel the cadre of attorneys have reviewed what was aired and determined they were relatively safe in airing her name.
    "Grammar is the bus that carries the words, without it they have to walk, and get very confused on the way." Unknown

"My best friend is a person who will give me a book I have not read." Abraham Lincoln